HTC 10

Crzaes

Reaction score
I know I shouldn't be posting it here, but I letting go my HTC 10. Do pm me if anyone is interested. Just sent in for RMA, LCD and mobo replaced, so handset as good as new. (Bonus with 3 month extend warranty)

simply.90

Reaction score
Updated too, but didn't really read what's new. Can anyone provide any info? Thanks!

doesnt seem like much changed, other than July security patch, though people in other forums have noted that 2 out of 4 of the phone's CPU cores which previously do not resume running after phone is in deep sleep is behaving properly now after the update.

bluedubsBB

Reaction score
doesnt seem like much changed, other than July security patch, though people in other forums have noted that 2 out of 4 of the phone's CPU cores which previously do not resume running after phone is in deep sleep is behaving properly now after the update.

Thanks bro!!!!

durianpancakes

Reaction score

I also noted that my battery drops 5% in 5 mins of video watching.

durianpancakes

Reaction score
I know I shouldn't be posting it here, but I letting go my HTC 10. Do pm me if anyone is interested. Just sent in for RMA, LCD and mobo replaced, so handset as good as new. (Bonus with 3 month extend warranty)

What happened to your phone?

durianpancakes

Reaction score
well, battery life has always been less than stellar since the Nougat update isnt it.. though the phone runs more smoothly. maybe it's time for a reset for you.

Yep. I guess it's time for a reset hahaha. The only thing disappointing about this phone is just the battery life.

VanquishShadow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my NFC doesn't seem to work - anyone tried sending for service, and how long did it take? I don't have a spare phone, and so far I can (kind of) live without NFC, but a bit miffed that I don't have the option to use it if/when I needed to

simply.90

Reaction score
my NFC doesn't seem to work - anyone tried sending for service, and how long did it take? I don't have a spare phone, and so far I can (kind of) live without NFC, but a bit miffed that I don't have the option to use it if/when I needed to

iirc the phone does have some NFC issues like reading the balance of ez-link cards but have no problem with NFC payments.

bluedubsBB

Reaction score
I installed Malwarebytes recently, and it keeps popping out Touchpal app - data/app/com.emoji.keyboard.touchpal-oem2/base.apk as a threat (Android/Adware.cootek) This cannot be removed as its a system app.

Anyone got such?

bluedubsBB

Reaction score
I installed Malwarebytes recently, and it keeps popping out Touchpal app - data/app/com.emoji.keyboard.touchpal-oem2/base.apk as a threat (Android/Adware.cootek) This cannot be removed as its a system app.

Anyone got such?

Ok found the answer in Malwarebytes forum......

mbam_mtbr mbam_mtbr
Posted October 9
Due to its overly aggressive nature, we have decided to detect an Ad SDK known as Cootek as Android/Adware.Cootek. Cootek displays full screen ads. Not only does it display these ads within the app that contains the code, it also does this when the app is not open. Most notably, after a device is unlocked. This action, along with many complaints in the various reviews of infected apps has lead us to this decision.

The Cootek SDK is in many apps found in Google Play — over 2k according to our Mobile Intelligence System. One example is 7 Fit.

If you are okay with these full screen Ads, please feel free to ignore the detection of Android/Adware.Cootek in Malwarebytes for Android. Although aggressive, these Ads do NOT cause any other harm to your device.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Anyone got such?

Ok found the answer in Malwarebytes forum......

mbam_mtbr mbam_mtbr
Posted October 9
Due to its overly aggressive nature, we have decided to detect an Ad SDK known as Cootek as Android/Adware.Cootek. Cootek displays full screen ads. Not only does it display these ads within the app that contains the code, it also does this when the app is not open. Most notably, after a device is unlocked. This action, along with many complaints in the various reviews of infected apps has lead us to this decision.

The Cootek SDK is in many apps found in Google Play — over 2k according to our Mobile Intelligence System. One example is 7 Fit.

If you are okay with these full screen Ads, please feel free to ignore the detection of Android/Adware.Cootek in Malwarebytes for Android. Although aggressive, these Ads do NOT cause any other harm to your device.

This was already reported a few months ago...

https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/17/15981812/htc-smartphone-touchpal-keyboard-error-ads

sephunr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, anybody face issues with phone signal when making/receiving calls?

I just recently moved to my new place in AMK and whenever I try to make/receive calls, my signal will drop IMMEDIATELY to one or two bar of signal and I cannot hear anything at all.

Didn't have such issues before that, and all my family members are on Starhub service (using Samsung and Oppo phones) but I am the only one with this issue.

Any advice, please?

Thank you.

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, anybody face issues with phone signal when making/receiving calls?

I just recently moved to my new place in AMK and whenever I try to make/receive calls, my signal will drop IMMEDIATELY to one or two bar of signal and I cannot hear anything at all.

Didn't have such issues before that, and all my family members are on Starhub service (using Samsung and Oppo phones) but I am the only one with this issue.

Any advice, please?

Thank you.

I think most likely is due to your telco weak signal strength at your new place.

tomorogood

Reaction score
Today, htc 10 black out suddenly. Cannot power on. Connect for charging mode, charging lights not showing.
Is the phone dead ?

tomorogood

Reaction score
Very baffling 😱!
From experience, the phone is as good as dead. Htc service centre also agreed after trying to power it on yesterday.

Miracle happened this morning, the phone wakes up when I press the power button, with near zero power left 😇😃

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.