Apple Watch

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
Yeah can use wifi, but watch only supports 2.4Ghz. There is no wifi interface on watch, will need phone to pair the info with WATch first..

Tks for the info, so can the Apple watch tap on SG Wireless w/o nearby iPhone?

Cos on the iPhone basically a pre-set configuration is already done, thus when iPhone is near SG wireless hot spots, it automatically logs into the network.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tks for the info, so can the Apple watch tap on SG Wireless w/o nearby iPhone?

Cos on the iPhone basically a pre-set configuration is already done, thus when iPhone is near SG wireless hot spots, it automatically logs into the network.

cannot. Apple watch does not support wifi interfaces with captive portal. Wireless@SG uses captive portal, and that your iPhone can bypass it due to EAP-SIM authentication.

So moral of story, it won't work on wireless@sg..

hansenhon

Reaction score
Hi,

Planning to get AW3 for my wife. Where you guys usually get the watch?

premium reseller... aka.. epicentre, istudio, nubox

or best, Harvey or courts?

do any of the retailer offer promotions? like accessories or discount on apple care?

TIA

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

do any of the retailer offer promotions? like accessories or discount on apple care?

TIA

Of all you left out Apple store Orchard.

There isn’t much substantial discount on Apple products and AppleCare..

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
cannot. Apple watch does not support wifi interfaces with captive portal. Wireless@SG uses captive portal, and that your iPhone can bypass it due to EAP-SIM authentication.

So moral of story, it won't work on wireless@sg..

Thanks for the info.

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

TIA

I previously posted in wrong thread, the AW3 LTE thread :(
Lazada having 12.12 sale, but currently OOS.
Maybe u can monitor to see when restocking.

AW3
38mm $448
42mm $498

Voucher or Citi Bank Card got additonal discount.
If you are Liveup members 5% off rebate
Shopback also got rebate but I'm not sure of the percentage

Kadaj34

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey all, looking to get a 42mm series 3.
Any advice should i get it locally, in changi airport or in japan?
Japan seems to be quite cheap but then no idea is there any additional tax or something like GST.

Warranty wise should be international if I purchase apple care right?

evildoctor

Reaction score
Hello! Anybody know any ways for me to setup my Apple Watch without updating my iphone to iOS11? Currently on iOS 10 and I love it a lot. Hate the user experience in iOS 11 as I have to do a few steps to off my wifi etc whereas iOS 10, I just have to do it in the control center.

Windowlover

Reaction score
Hello! Anybody know any ways for me to setup my Apple Watch without updating my iphone to iOS11? Currently on iOS 10 and I love it a lot. Hate the user experience in iOS 11 as I have to do a few steps to off my wifi etc whereas iOS 10, I just have to do it in the control center.

Try slide from bottom up to lift shortcut menu. There is a WIFI on/off on TOP right side

luxerio

Reaction score
anyone know when AW3 Stainless Version will be out in SG? It's like 4 months, and only the aluminum model is available.

icheb

Reaction score
anyone know when AW3 Stainless Version will be out in SG? It's like 4 months, and only the aluminum model is available.

The stainless steel edition only comes with GPS+cellullar. Considering that none of the Singapore Telcos has no ETA offering cellular support for local versions of the Apple Watch 3, there is really no way to know for sure when the stainless steel will be available in Singapore.

luxerio

Reaction score
The stainless steel edition only comes with GPS+cellullar. Considering that none of the Singapore Telcos has no ETA offering cellular support for local versions of the Apple Watch 3, there is really no way to know for sure when the stainless steel will be available in Singapore.

Thanks. So I guess is either import or purchase it from overseas.:(

dreamer_toons

Master Member
Reaction score
Any recommendation on screen and case protection for the AW3?

I have the Spigen screen protector and Rugged Armour on.

Wanted to have the tempered glass but the sales told me that it might not adhere well to the surface. So I get the Spigen film instead.

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
I have the Spigen screen protector and Rugged Armour on.

I think the Rugged Armour looks kinda nice (akin to G-Shock). Went around town tonight (even Apple Retail), surprised i could not find it. In the end, ordered from Qoo10.

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
Bought the AW3 LTE from Japan .. but i choose the grey sports loop (velcro) instead of the standard sports band.

Pros:
1. Its really light material, feels super comfy. Afterall, its like nylon.
2. Velcro seems very reliable, did a 8km run .. no issues whatsoever.

Cons:
1. Well, it does takes a while to dry off after washing (after my run).

dreamer_toons

Master Member
Reaction score
I think the Rugged Armour looks kinda nice (akin to G-Shock). Went around town tonight (even Apple Retail), surprised i could not find it. In the end, ordered from Qoo10.

I went around looking for it back then and it was OOS everywhere. In the end, I bought from P2O, Bencoolen St. Since you have bought it online, wait for it and enjoy the protection.

Bought the AW3 LTE from Japan .. but i choose the grey sports loop (velcro) instead of the standard sports band.

Pros:

Cons:

i wanted to get this too. But after trying it in Apple store, there was a bit of over hang at the end of the strap. I have shinny wrist. Too bad it doesn't comes with a shorter version like the silicon ones. :(

JAson1980

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went around looking for it back then and it was OOS everywhere. In the end, I bought from P2O, Bencoolen St. Since you have bought it online, wait for it and enjoy the protection.

i wanted to get this too. But after trying it in Apple store, there was a bit of over hang at the end of the strap. I have shinny wrist. Too bad it doesn't comes with a shorter version like the silicon ones. :(

Whats the price from P2O?

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does your japan Apple Watch using local Apple Pay ?

Pros:

Cons:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.