Skiing in Korea

aromilk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone had experience with daemyung vivaldi on the rental of ski equipments/clothes ? Will it be cheaper if purchase package from trazy ?
https://www.trazy.com/experience/detail/korea-ski-tour-vivaldi-ski-resort

From the link, helmet at 5k and gloves/googles at 10k is quite ok.

In fact, the gloves and googles are around the same price if you buy them from Decathlon. If u don't want googles, then do bring along your sunglass as the snow reflects the rays. If you have kids, suggest you get them the googles to protect the eyes.

AMD_FREAK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I heard that Korea has cheap skiing lessons. What is the price like? I'm looking for intense 3-4 full days of course. Something which will me damn skillful :D

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I heard that Korea has cheap skiing lessons. What is the price like? I'm looking for intense 3-4 full days of course. Something which will me damn skillful :D
You won’t be able to be “damn skillful” in 4 days 🙄 even with 4 full days of private lessons, unless you’re some kind of prodigy (or are already very comfortable on skates / roller blades).

I randomly google and it’s like around s$220-s$470/pax for 4 hours private ski lessons depending if you 1 instructor teach 1 person or teach 4 ppl, so you ownself estimate lo.

lynlynlyn

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm planning to go snowboarding, which mountain would you guys suggest/recommend?

Would going on day tour (inclusive of equipment etc) be more worth it then compared to travelling from Seoul to the place and renting everything on your own? cause i read that foreigners get better rate at certain places.

juxtaposition

Reaction score
U can easily buy the package online. Ski/SB with rental equipment n clothing + roundtrip bus. A quick intro lesson is included.

Now I’m at Elysian ski resort, nearest to Seoul, 1.5hr bus ride.

For the tour, u can buy ski lift tickets at cheaper price about 10k won (instead of 40k/50k won).

IKP1PyL.jpg

qvlAvv7.jpg

Example:
ZfE4WgF.jpg

Hey guys,

I'm planning to go snowboarding, which mountain would you guys suggest/recommend?

Would going on day tour (inclusive of equipment etc) be more worth it then compared to travelling from Seoul to the place and renting everything on your own? cause i read that foreigners get better rate at certain places.

Last edited:

lynlynlyn

Reaction score
U can easily buy the package online. Ski/SB with rental equipment n clothing + roundtrip bus. A quick intro lesson is included.

Now I’m at Elysian ski resort, nearest to Seoul, 1.5hr bus ride.

For the tour, u can buy ski lift tickets at cheaper price about 10k won (instead of 40k/50k won).

IKP1PyL.jpg

qvlAvv7.jpg

Example:
ZfE4WgF.jpg

Which tour did you go with?

i read from a few different places that Yongpyong is the place to go.

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Reporting in from Vivaldi Park. Not a particularly big fan of just how crowded it is here (ridiculously long queues for the beginner slopes) or the need to return ski clothes and gear at the end of each day (and re-rent the next day).

Number of slopes also a bit low, slopes themselves are a little boring (mostly all just straight and flat down the hill), and man-made snow sort of sucks.

But if you're gonna holiday in South Korea anyway and don't want to go all the way to Yongpyong etc, it's a truly day-trippable resort from Seoul, and you can't really ski that many pistes in a single day anyway.

aromilk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Reporting in from Vivaldi Park. Not a particularly big fan of just how crowded it is here (ridiculously long queues for the beginner slopes) or the need to return ski clothes and gear at the end of each day (and re-rent the next day).

Number of slopes also a bit low, slopes themselves are a little boring (mostly all just straight and flat down the hill), and man-made snow sort of sucks.

But if you're gonna holiday in South Korea anyway and don't want to go all the way to Yongpyong etc, it's a truly day-trippable resort from Seoul, and you can't really ski that many pistes in a single day anyway.

I think YP is the best. Big with many slopes. Try to go when the ski season just open and you will not have the crowd. We went on the second last week of Nov this year and it was almost empty. Only like 30 fellows skiing.

??????

Master Member
Reaction score

how is the equipment/clothes rental process ?
is it fast ?

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how is the equipment/clothes rental process ?
is it fast ?
I presume you are going with a tour group / ski operator / tour operator instead of totally DIYing.

If so, the queue for the clothes and equipment itself is fast and efficient, like maybe 10mins to collect clothes (jacket and pants only. Everything else must buy), and another 10-15mins to queue and get the ski gear and put it on.

The problem is that during peak times when the ski / tour operators have dozens of groups of people, they take a long time to get everyone sorted. For example after arrival and putting bags in hotel coin lockers and going back to the ski area at around 10am, we were told by the ski operator that our "slot" was 1pm. So we had to eat Burger King and slack around until around 12.15 before starting our process to get our gear, and only hit the snow at 1pm.

I'm sure it's not as bad during off peak weekdays though, we went the day after Christmas.

cancerguy84

Reaction score
I’m also at Daemyung Vivaldi and it’s really crowded at the beginner slope. Going back to Seoul today

RockStar9238

Reaction score
I have check for the hotel at Yongpyong resort skiing has been fully book in this Dec. I have been recommend to stay at Kensington Hotel as it is nearer to Yongpyong resort. Anyone stay at his hotel before? Is there any other ski resort to recommend

princessreiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For anyone interested, here's my Vivaldi Park compilation. Only did 7 of 12 slopes (the easiest 7 of course, lol). Like I mentioned earlier, the mountain can perhaps be called "boring." And during peak periods it's crowded as hell.

Link to full review/write-up on blog if you're interested.

Thanks for your review!
I have totally zero experience in skiing.
Was thinking of the 4 hour lesson offered by Jski.
Do you think after the lesson, one will be ok to ski gentle slope on one's own?
TIA.

tanyj82

Reaction score
It's Jan 2020, I am just finish ski at Yongpyong ski. All diy. The crowd is crazy at morning
1. Hotel price here is over s$200/night
2. 2 day rental cloth (50k won)
3. Afternoon/Night ski rental (38K)
4. Afternoon/Night lift (93k)

U can get gift card(purchase and use directly at same counter) and get 20/25% off above item. Balance of the card can be refunded if used more that 60%.

Clothing does not include boots and glove. U need a good winder boots and glove

I did not go for any lesson as I am ok for skating. Youtube is free.
Take few hour few training before hit the slope.
Queue for rental clothing very fast(maybe cost I opt for noon). Ski rental within 5 mins too.
I took about 1 hour to put on ski equipment and clothing for 1st time.
There is no one to tell u what to do or best size.

My advice, don't go to slope directly without any self training (need to know how to turn and brake 1st). Don't purchase ski lift for 1st session for self training.
U need to be physically fit for ski, the equipment is heavy especially for girl.
Get mouth/nose protector(I got frost bite on lips). Mask is unnecessary. Helmet is individual preference

After 2 day, 2 fall(1st on walking out and 2nd when someone fall infront me I almost crash to him.)

Summary
Very good experience also very expensive sport.
Easily cost over s$100/day.
I wish I can ski more but my body can't take it anymore. Whole by pain after 2 day.
The rest of my Korea trip feel like just resting.

skinergy

Reaction score
For anyone interested, here's my Vivaldi Park compilation. Only did 7 of 12 slopes (the easiest 7 of course, lol). Like I mentioned earlier, the mountain can perhaps be called "boring." And during peak periods it's crowded as hell.

Link to full review/write-up on blog if you're interested.

Hey did you go to Snowy land? For non-skiers, recommended to travel all the way there from Seoul for a day trip? Will be DIY to get there, not via package tours.

homedriver

Master Member
Reaction score
Never ski before and would like to go with family on Dec. Which ski resort should I go? Should stay there or just a day trip?

Halfbie123

Reaction score
Never ski before and would like to go with family on Dec. Which ski resort should I go? Should stay there or just a day trip?

I booked from Klook last time for one day trip. The name of the place is Vivaldi ski resort.

However when I check in Klook app now, the day tour is currently unavailable. I'm not sure maybe because it is still too early to check or they did not offer it in Klook anymore.

If it is not available in klook, you may try to book for a stay in Vivaldi ski resort or Pyeongchang Ski resort.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.