Thomson Medical vs KK vs Mt Alvernia vs Gleneagles.. go where give birth best?

wasedr

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know if thomson valet is 24hrs? Just worried about arriving at thomson in the wee hours without parking lot.

bo liao

Reaction score
Thomson Medical vs KK vs Mt Alvernia vs Gleneagles.. go where give birth best?.

Hope i am in time.

Thomson the toilet very little..if u need to **** always like me, not so good.
Food wise, zzzzzz....
BUT, u can walk across street, packet tze cha..

Glandeagles, parking buy the season parking, food wise zzzzz, chicken rice still ok..

Smoking wise, Thomson easier...nearer to main rd..
*If at eagles, sit in veh smoke...faster to reach then walk down to road.

*Birth at where "BEST" is meaning the doc or the atmospher?
Eagles is the expensive chan koh hong but very quality, thomson is benjamin the usual few lor.
*Both also fatherly like.

If comparing wards, i choose eagles, cos the staffs there are USED to see rich ppl, see ppl will smile..LOL

My elder at eagle, younger at thomson.
Actually both hospital is ok..as long ur wife & child is safe.

Mt A i not so sure, only visited there few time, night time no food!!!!:eek:
Got that bread machine..

I assume u will be also stay in, buy food + water standby..

EDITED: I feel which hospital is not really an concern i feel (certain issues are 人为), as long you can sat sat hold you child, + wife beside u safety can liao..

Last edited:

kaixin18

Reaction score
No 24 hrs...

Hi, does anyone know if thomson valet is 24hrs? Just worried about arriving at thomson in the wee hours without parking lot.

My wife just delivered at gleneagles two weeks ago.
Overall a good experience, only the food sucks.
Prenatal checkup & medication approx 2.5k to 3k cash
Delivery (3d2nd, natural with gas & epidural, 2bedder) approx 4.8k cash + 2.7k medisave

Sent from MiMax using GAGT

Mount Alvernia! I just delivered there last year. The nurses are super friendly and helpful! And if you need help with breastfeeding, 1 of the best LC is there already ☺️

what is wrong with KK? why do some here look down on it?

Arcanell

Reaction score
nothing wrong with KK. they have the best midwife imo. My wife gave birth there last week, was very different experience compare to Mt A (4 years ago).

Midwife at KK is very experience. My wife waterbag bust at 12 midnight, push to delivery suite; was too late to give epidural (wife was screaming). Along the way, the midwife keeps my wife engaged by asking many questions (to take focus away from the pain). Gyne came at 0040; three push and few cough baby is out by 1am. By 230am, wife was at ward resting. KK focus a lot on mother and baby bonding; the baby will be push to your ward all the time even at night. Of course you can request them to push to nursery during the night.

The experience at Mt A is complete opposite (4 years ago). Midwife not experience and give sulky face. Baby is always at nursery unless you request to wheel them to your ward. Food wise KK is much better.

aztech44

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

just today me and wife found out that wifey is preggy with 4 weeks old. We both considering getting female gynae and going to private hospital in the future. As a parent who expecting our first child we doesn’t have any experience in finding gynae and etc. I hope this is right thread and i hope kind soul there willing to help me with the round abouts.

1) how do i get gynaecologist contact? Do i just walk in to the hospital and get female gynae? * i have no contact,recommendation for now* so ant female gynae is fine for us.

2) where is the accessible hospital near to the west area?

3) anything do i need to take note for my first child,?

tinydot

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

just today me and wife found out that wifey is preggy with 4 weeks old. We both considering getting female gynae and going to private hospital in the future. As a parent who expecting our first child we doesn’t have any experience in finding gynae and etc. I hope this is right thread and i hope kind soul there willing to help me with the round abouts.

1) how do i get gynaecologist contact? Do i just walk in to the hospital and get female gynae? * i have no contact,recommendation for now* so ant female gynae is fine for us.

1+2) You can surf those local mummy or baby forums, just google, sure got threads on recommendations. But usually your child delivery is based on your gynae location. If you preferred west, then find a good gynae located in the west, e.g a gynae from NUH. Once you have found one, make an appointment for your wife to get check up, and from there, just keep going back for scheduled appointments till delivery.

3) You will learn as you go along, don't worry. There are courses available for first time parents. Thomsons has courses like this, spans for few weekends, it teaches mum-to-be from pregnancy excercises, to delivery, to basic baby handling, etc.

Apart from these, infants grow very fast, so do not buy too much clothes for your little one. Normally first kid will get SURPLUS good looking clothes hahaa, but it's a waste when your little one wear like only 1/2 time. Save the money on other things.

bo liao

Reaction score
what is wrong with KK? why do some here look down on it?

Nothing ah..

I come out from KK, my younger bro also from KK..both also alive & kicking..:s13:

Its jus wife preferance..within ability, wife wan to where jus give lor..

bo liao

Reaction score
Hi all,

As replied by other forumer, internet ur friend..

I also living in west, my 3rd is @ NUH, prof Biswas..Nearest liao..
*Cos drive to "previous glendeagles/thomson" troublesome.
*If u at NUH, carpark price can go crazy high. No season parking. Highest i kanna was $72, average is $50..but the top up is at the right side pillar of the exit..this is a good point.

Take note...hmmm....

Before birth, follow wife inside if she is on epi (c-sect/natrual all can go in). GA cannot go in. Cut the ubilica cord, photo taking.

After birth, go do birthcert, do wat cdac account, got $ take (hospital will have).

Reach home decent food 做月 for wife, clean room, air-con..then be a good husband to take over night shift feeding etc. Usually last bout 1+ to 2 mths, then baby should sleep thru the night.

Always is food for both...daipers etc.
*Provide enough nutrition food, dun kpkb wife if she is not doing as much during tat time..

Really nothing much to take note. Its jus normal life..;)

ralliart_ray

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nothing ah..

I come out from KK, my younger bro also from KK..both also alive & kicking..:s13:

Its jus wife preferance..within ability, wife wan to where jus give lor..

i will recommend KK private suite ...not bad la

Sakinahali2017

Reaction score
Personally for me kkh. Bcos anything happen to ur baby (touchwood) they have all the equipment and of also because of the cost.

Evvvel

Reaction score
I've tried Gleneagles and Mt Alvernia, prefer Mt Alvernia. The nurses there are really top-notch and attentive

JX1983

Reaction score
Both my 2 kids are borned in KK but mine both are private costs because my wife prefer to choose same doctor all the way..

fengzhi

Reaction score
Kkh private suite is my preferred choice too! So far when compared to my friends who went to tmc or mt a (both spent ard $10k for delivery), compared to mine @ kkh for less than $3k

Reaction score
Kkh private suite is my preferred choice too! So far when compared to my friends who went to tmc or mt a (both spent ard $10k for delivery), compared to mine @ kkh for less than $3k

agree
KKWCH private suite actually the best medical and nursing care quality

lycanboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, when will KKH private offer a package? I went there 2 times already but nothing was mentioned. Did two ultrasound and blood test. Wife just entered 2nd trimester. Thanks!

Sent from 你妈妈喊你回家吃饭去 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.