Windows 10 Creators Update Broke Wifi?

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One desktop pc no issues whatsoever, but my Asus Taichi21 laptop had the no wifi issue. Had to plug in an ethernet cable and downgrade the driver and tinker around before it suddenly started working. Still not so sure if it has to do with me plugging in an ethernet cable, downgrading the wifi driver or reinstalling the Asus ATK drivers, or a combination of the above.

Overall got good, and got bad. Wished Microsoft would stop messing around with drivers, and focus solely on Windows itself. Always pushing drivers that break things for me...

seveneleven

Reaction score
i encounter my whole system hang after the creator update, excel unable to work, when i tried to select multiple folder, it will hang, my speaker becomer much softer.

My PC spec as below:

MotherBoard 4460 ASUS H97 Pro Gamer

GPU Nvidia Asus GTX 970

RAM G skill RipJaws 16GB

HDD WD Black 4TB

DVD rom Asus DVD RW
DVD rom Asus DVD RW

PSU Seasonic X series 650W modular

Operating System Win 7 64 bit Professional (free upgrade to win 10)

cooler CM Hyper 103 cooler

Case fans CM Jet Flo 120 Blue - 6 nos.

SDD Samsung Evo 850 500GB - from Lazada

Casing CM Storm scout 2 -

after i revert back the update, everything work fine again.
My question, can we avoid this creator update permanently ?
Keep reverting back to older version of the update?
What causing the lag/hang? Is it my hardware too old?

tungsten2

Master Member
Reaction score
The Creator Fall Update so far quite stable.
Performed a clean install after using the media creation tool to create a bootable usb flash drive.

seveneleven

Reaction score
i manage to trace the problem already, i did a clean install of win 10, then did the creators update.
Then slowly install all my program 1 by 1.

End up its the Anti Virus (Avast) causing all the lag. I uninstall it and the problem resolve. Think its not compatible with windows defender...

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i manage to trace the problem already, i did a clean install of win 10, then did the creators update.
Then slowly install all my program 1 by 1.

End up its the Anti Virus (Avast) causing all the lag. I uninstall it and the problem resolve. Think its not compatible with windows defender...

You should disable windows defender since you are using Avast.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.