DIY project. need some help/feedback

zihanfzh

Reaction score
Gonna build my own rig for the first time next year. Hence i've been here silently reading for the past weeks.

Would appreciate if you guys could leave some feedback. Or what i have missed out.

MSI Pro carbon gaming +i7 6700K $768
Samsung M.2 850 Evo 250 GB $149
Corsair Vengence LED 8GB X2 $179
WD red 2TB X2 $139 Each
Asus GTX1080 Turbo 8GB GDDR5 $1099
PSU Need some help on which W should i get. was looking at CM 750W gold $165
MS window 7 $159
3 X 140 fans
2 X 120 Fans

Water Cooling
1 X EKWB supremacy starwars CPU block 79.99 USD
1 X EK-FC1080 GTX-Nickel Plated Copper Water Block with Plexi Top for Nvidia GTX 1080 $125.95 USD
1 X XSPC EX420 radiator USD $74.99
1 X reservior havent decide USD $50? Looking at Tube kinds.
1 XEK-Revo D5 pump USD $119
1 X Bitpower flow meter USD $22
3 X 140 mm Fans.
Hard Tubing
fittings.
If i have budget left maybe ill for the ram as well

Cool ideas i might implement
Nzxt Hue $30?
Nazt sentry 3 $59
Lian Li Bezel w/ MNPCTech - Mounting Plate 16mm/22mm Vandal Resistant Switches - Black USD $29.99

Pricing are based only infinity pc and performance PC. lazy to source around for cheaper deals. Main concern is firm up what items i wan before checking on the price in various shop.

am looking at doing a CPU in built onto table. (youtube) Since im gtting my new house next year. i might get my ID to make the table for me. Quoted S720 for 3 feet table. chop carrot -_- maybe ill nego if no choice. now sourcing for custom carpentry works maybe someone can recommend?

Last edited:

Cookiejar

Reaction score
Get windows 8 or 10, and you can easily download skins if you don't like the look. Windows 7 is outdated liao.

And since your budget is already so high, perhaps you can consider getting a pcie SSD like Samsung 950 Pro hahah.

Get a modular PSU for neatness since your setup must be all about looks. I personally prefer Seasonic or FSP but the other big brands also quite high quality so maybe can consider intangible factors like warranty and where is the RMA centre located. I think even 650W is enough for your specs.

Reconsider watercooling the ram. If you have budget consider adding more rad space and sourcing good silent fans

zihanfzh

Reaction score
Get windows 8 or 10, and you can easily download skins if you don't like the look. Windows 7 is outdated liao.

And since your budget is already so high, perhaps you can consider getting a pcie SSD like Samsung 950 Pro hahah.

Get a modular PSU for neatness since your setup must be all about looks. I personally prefer Seasonic or FSP but the other big brands also quite high quality so maybe can consider intangible factors like warranty and where is the RMA centre located. I think even 650W is enough for your specs.

Reconsider watercooling the ram. If you have budget consider adding more rad space and sourcing good silent fans

Hi Cookiejar,

Thanks for your feedback. pricing considered high now, hopefully by next year when i start buying the price will drop by 20% thats what im aiming for and also future-proofing till 2020.

Quite worried 650w cant support the watercooling features.

Trying to slowly reduce the cost down though, my finance officer(wife) start to make noise liao haha.

the ram looks nice with the led lightings, hence i'm quite hesitant on water-cooling it. plus so troublesome to remove the cover of it.

xiaorazor

Reaction score
What case u using, need to make sure your case have enough clearance for your rad, res. Maybe can try visualize or sketch out where u want to put your rad and res.

When I 1st started watercooling I make a mistake mistake of getting a bigger res and it end up unable to fit in my case so I had to get a smaller one

Sent from Samsung SM-T715Y using GAGT

Last edited:

Darthmars

Reaction score
What monitor you using? 1070 is probably good enough for quite some time if gaming on 1080p

Intel is slated to release their next series of processors early 2017, so you may wanna factor that in when the time comes

For reservoir, I would recommend reservoir and pump combo from EK or other manufacturers. Less tubing/fittings = less likely to leak

If first time doing water cooling, then only use hard-tubing if very confident. I've never tried it myself, but if you are using a custom made desk, then quite likely need to bend the tubing (which requires a heat gun and a bit of expertise)

zihanfzh

Reaction score
What monitor you using? 1070 is probably good enough for quite some time if gaming on 1080p

Intel is slated to release their next series of processors early 2017, so you may wanna factor that in when the time comes

For reservoir, I would recommend reservoir and pump combo from EK or other manufacturers. Less tubing/fittings = less likely to leak

If first time doing water cooling, then only use hard-tubing if very confident. I've never tried it myself, but if you are using a custom made desk, then quite likely need to bend the tubing (which requires a heat gun and a bit of expertise)

What case u using, need to make sure your case have enough clearance for your rad, res. Maybe can try visualize or sketch out where u want to put your rad and res.

When I 1st started watercooling I make a mistake mistake of getting a bigger res and it end up unable to fit in my case so I had to get a smaller one

Havent consider on my monitor yet.
really tempted to buy the vector desk instead of custom making a desk, worth the price? @1.5k SGD
so far unable to find the Lian-Li Dk series in singapore. T.T

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Havent consider on my monitor yet.
really tempted to buy the vector desk instead of custom making a desk, worth the price? @1.5k SGD
so far unable to find the Lian-Li Dk series in singapore. T.T

can check with corbell if they can indent for u or not.

zihanfzh

Reaction score
1 year passed, has managed to set-up my rig!

Cant post photo here though, post count not enough.

can fin my post in marketplace. WTS: Rare computer desk PC. Built in!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.