best funds transfer rate now?

cracktojack

Reaction score
Anyone know changes in BT terms now? Only offered to citizens and PR? Not to foreigners. Encountered on DBS and UOB

wwwhtm

Reaction score
Can confirm about DBS

Anyone know changes in BT terms now? Only offered to citizens and PR? Not to foreigners. Encountered on DBS and UOB

DBS only offering promotional balance transfer rates for Singaporeans and PRs. Foreigners enjoy higher interest rates and ATM transaction charges when you exceed 4 a month.

Lucky_Farmer

Reaction score
FYI, I was offered 0.8% per annum for six months (so around 0.4% for six months) - no admin fee. HSBC CSO explained that this is only applicable to new cardholders who have had the cc for less than 5 months.

civicguy

Banned
Reaction score
Today Citibank CSO told me this

If I get a balance transfer from them for the credit card then all purchases on the credit fed immediately attracted the interest rate of 24%. Immediately when you charge.

I did not know that.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Today Citibank CSO told me this

If I get a balance transfer from them for the credit card then all purchases on the credit fed immediately attracted the interest rate of 24%. Immediately when you charge.

I did not know that.

yes. Should not spend on citibank card that has balance transfer under it.

gooifier

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes. Should not spend on citibank card that has balance transfer under it.

Hi, i am planning to get a BT from Citibank @ 1.5% processing fee, 6 mths

1) Is 1.5% a good rate?

2) How do i use the BT to pay my CC bills? I want to settle a recurring bill in UOB, for example. So how to I make the payment? Via a cheque from Citi or bank transfer?

3) If I apply the Citi BT (but not to the full credit limit amount) and use the card for some retail spending, will I still be charged the 24% interest for these spending?

4) If yes for qn 3, can I apply BT on one Citi card and use another Citi card for retail spending, and not get the 24% interest charge? Possible?

Sorry for the qns. New in BT

TIA

Anaved

Reaction score
Balance Transfer - UOB Cashplus to UOB CC

Is it a good idea to use UOB Cashplus to Pay UOB CC since the cashplus int is lower. However it is calculated on a daily basis.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, i am planning to get a BT from Citibank @ 1.5% processing fee, 6 mths

1) Is 1.5% a good rate?

2) How do i use the BT to pay my CC bills? I want to settle a recurring bill in UOB, for example. So how to I make the payment? Via a cheque from Citi or bank transfer?

3) If I apply the Citi BT (but not to the full credit limit amount) and use the card for some retail spending, will I still be charged the 24% interest for these spending?

4) If yes for qn 3, can I apply BT on one Citi card and use another Citi card for retail spending, and not get the 24% interest charge? Possible?

Sorry for the qns. New in BT

TIA

1) Not sure it is the best rate as it depends for individual. Just have to ask from different banks to see if they can offer better rates.

2) I usually ask the bank to transfer the funds to my savings account. Can ask if the bank can transfer directly to the credit card.

3) Yes for the case of citibank. For other bank eg Standard Chartered, where the bank set up a separate account for the BT then you can still use the credit card.

4) Possible. Only the card you balance transfer from should not be used for further transaction.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it a good idea to use UOB Cashplus to Pay UOB CC since the cashplus int is lower. However it is calculated on a daily basis.

cashplus interest is lower, but you can surely find balance transfer that has even lower interest.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Saw this

<ADV> OCBC: Enjoy an exclusive interest rate of 0% p.a. (usually 19.98%) from now till 31 March 2018 when you make a withdrawal or funds transfer from your EasiCredit account. Go to http://bit.ly/2Fok7Su for T&Cs. Questions? Call 1800 363 3333.

This is the normal OCBC easicredit link,
https://www.ocbc.com/personal-banking/loans/flexible-repayment-loan-easicredit.html

1. Annual Fee S$80 (waived for the first year if annual income is S$30,000 and above)
  2. Minimum interest charge S$5
  3. Returned cheque fee S$40 per cheque
  4. Stop cheque
    S$30 per cheque reported via Branch/ Customer Service
    S$15 per cheque reported via Phone Banking/ Online Banking
  5. Late payment fee
    If annual income is S$30,000 and above: S$85 – S$125^
    If annual income is less than S$30,000: S$80
  6. Over the counter payment/deposit S$25 per transaction
    With effect from 16 March 2015
  7. Excess fee S$50 (If the Account is in excess of the Approved Limit)

Not sure if it's really 0% without any hidden charges, if so, too good not to borrow.
Having read the above, not sure which will apply.

Last edited:

NTTDoCoMo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saw this

<ADV> OCBC: Enjoy an exclusive interest rate of 0% p.a. (usually 19.98%) from now till 31 March 2018 when you make a withdrawal or funds transfer from your EasiCredit account. Go to http://bit.ly/2Fok7Su for T&Cs. Questions? Call 1800 363 3333.

This is the normal OCBC easicredit link,
https://www.ocbc.com/personal-banking/loans/flexible-repayment-loan-easicredit.html

Not sure if it's really 0% without any hidden charges, if so, too good not to borrow.
Having read the above, not sure which will apply.

I received the similar SMS, the 0% is a Target Promo. In order not to inccur any interest, will need to make minimum payment for Jan And Feb Statement. Outstanding amount to be fully paid before 31 March.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I received the similar SMS, the 0% is a Target Promo. In order not to inccur any interest, will need to make minimum payment for Jan And Feb Statement. Outstanding amount to be fully paid before 31 March.

Only 3 month? :s22:
Well, earn 3 month interest free... I thought it's can apply within these 3 month.
Also, what other cost are involved?

NTTDoCoMo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Only 3 month? :s22:
Well, earn 3 month interest free... I thought it's can apply within these 3 month.
Also, what other cost are involved?

Based on the TnC, Cost is only applicable if you had made a late payment or did not make minimum payment or there is still outstanding balance after the Promotion Period.

Quite similar to those 0% provided by ANZ previously.

Yes, you can use the 2 Months to earn some interest.

2. Promotion is valid from 15 January 2018 till 31 March 2018 (“Promotion Period”).
3. Any amount drawn down from the EasiCredit Account during the Promotion Period,
subject to Eligible Account Holder making the minimum payment of the outstanding
amount by the payment due date, will incur zero interest rate charges during the
Promotion Period.
4. The minimum payment of the outstanding amount still applies. Any minimum
payment amount not paid by the payment due date during the Promotion Period is
subject to daily compounding at prevailing effective interest rate of 19.98% or 29.8%
(or such other interest rate applicable to you).
5. Any late payment fees incurred due to the non-payment of the minimum payment
amount during the Promotion Period is subject to daily compounding at the prevailing
effective interest rate of 19.98% or 29.8% (or such other interest rate applicable to
you).
6. Any outstanding amount after the Promotion Period is subject to the prevailing
effective interest rate of 19.98% or 29.8% (or such other interest rate applicable to
you).

Last edited:

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Based on the TnC, Cost is only applicable if you had made a late payment or did not make minimum payment or there is still outstanding balance after the Promotion Period.

Quite similar to those 0% provided by ANZ previously.

Yes, you can use the 2 Months to earn some interest.

2. Promotion is valid from 15 January 2018 till 31 March 2018 (“Promotion Period”).
3. Any amount drawn down from the EasiCredit Account during the Promotion Period,
subject to Eligible Account Holder making the minimum payment of the outstanding
amount by the payment due date, will incur zero interest rate charges during the
Promotion Period.
4. The minimum payment of the outstanding amount still applies. Any minimum
payment amount not paid by the payment due date during the Promotion Period is
subject to daily compounding at prevailing effective interest rate of 19.98% or 29.8%
(or such other interest rate applicable to you).
5. Any late payment fees incurred due to the non-payment of the minimum payment
amount during the Promotion Period is subject to daily compounding at the prevailing
you).
6. Any outstanding amount after the Promotion Period is subject to the prevailing
you).

Thanks for the information. :s12:
Doesn't sound worth it.

serverxeon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
now there's a uob 6 months 0% interest rate, 1.38% processing fee.
is that the best in town?

dexboi

Master Member
Reaction score
UOB BT:

Enjoy 0%p.a on a 6-month UOB Funds Transfer with just 1% fee (EIR:2.15%p.a)! To apply, visit https://uniservices1.uobgroup.com/appforms/fundtransfer/index.page?type=bt15g for transfer to non-UOB accounts/for other loan amounts. Your max available credit limit at point of processing will be the approved loan amount. By responding, you allow the bank to process your application and/or contact you on matters regarding your application. T&Cs apply.

Offer expires 30 April 2018.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.