insurance pay by credit card

vddgnd

Reaction score
$5k premiums

When is the due date?
Is it first payment or recurring ?
Credit Card is accepted for payment of First Premium payment and Inclusion/Increase in Benefits only.

If recurring can use credit card like UOB One through CardUp or other miles cards.

Last edited:

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When is the due date?
Is it first payment or recurring ?
Credit Card is accepted for payment of First Premium payment and Inclusion/Increase in Benefits only.

If recurring can use credit card like UOB One through CardUp or other miles cards.

Can set up in pruaccess to pay recurring premium using credit cards

Last edited:

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$5k premiums

If time permits try to use Cardup to split payment to fulfil $2000 per month in all 3 months of qualifying quarter on UOB one card to get $300 quarterly rebate, ie 5% rebate. Set up payment using uob one via pruaccess and leave about $2000 to be paid on the due date of the premium, so that no need to incur 2.6% fee on cardup. Spend on other things to clock the min $2000 and min 5 transactions each month.

Depending on the timing, may need to mix in $600 payment per month using boc family on cardup to get 5% rebate, or $400 to $1666 on uob delight via pruaccess to get 3% smart$, or use uob prvi visa/master via catdup to get 2.4miles/$

Last edited:

kelvinkezz

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your advice!

Depending on the timing, may need to mix in $600 payment per month using boc family on cardup to get 5% rebate, or $400 to $1666 on uob delight via pruaccess to get 3% smart$, or use uob prvi visa/master via catdup to get 2.4miles/$

nydeidith

Reaction score
pass few years for my axa life insurance used scb manhatten on axs online to pay and got rebates...but this year they did not give...maybe closed the loophole...any bros know whats credit card now give cashback or miles for insurance payments?

JM.Dominique

Reaction score
Not sure if there is a newer post/update but im looking for the best card for cashback on insurance premium payments. I called up most of the banks and spoke with their CS, this is what i have gathered from them so far:

HSBC, CITI and POSB/DBS - Do not have any CCs that offer cashback on insurance premium payments.

OCBC:
GE cashflo card offers 1% rebate on selected eligible Great Eastern policy premiums.
On other insurer premiums, if monthly expenditure less then $1K, rebate is 0.5%. If monthly expenditure more then $1K, rebate is 1%.

Standard Chartered:
PruPrestige (by invite) card offers 1.5 points for every $1 spent on anything and everything, including non-Prudential insurance premiums. And every 300 points is equivalent to $1.20 that you can redeem to offset Prudential policy premiums.
300 points ($1.20) = $200 charged so this works out to a 'cashback' of 0.6%

Prudential Platinum offers 1 point for every $1 spent, and every 300 points is equivalent to $1.20 that you can redeem to offset Prudential policy premiums.
300 points ($1.20) = $300 charged so this works out to a 'cashback' of 0.4%

The Standchart unlimited 1.5% cashback excludes Insurance premiums.

UOB
ONE Card offers quarterly cashback of 3.33% per month with a minimum spend of $500 each month. But it seems the cash back is only on charges to Prudential policy premiums and not any other Insurer premiums. Good for those with recurring monthly premiums with Prudential?

MAYBANK
FC Barcelona Visa Signature Card offers 1.6% cashback on all charges, including recurring premiums (except Etiqa Insurance premiums)

All this information is from individual bank's call centre CSO so please correct me if there is any errors. Anyone knows any other banks that offers Cashback for policy premiums by Creditcard?

Last edited:

MaoZeDuo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, need advise on payment for annual premium $650 for manulife insurance.

wacanbosi

Reaction score
Not sure if there is a newer post/update but im looking for the best card for cashback on insurance premium payments. I called up most of the banks and spoke with their CS, this is what i have gathered from them so far:

HSBC, CITI and POSB/DBS - Do not have any CCs that offer cashback on insurance premium payments.

OCBC:
GE cashflo card offers 1% rebate on selected eligible Great Eastern policy premiums.
On other insurer premiums, if monthly expenditure less then $1K, rebate is 0.5%. If monthly expenditure more then $1K, rebate is 1%.

Standard Chartered:
PruPrestige (by invite) card offers 1.5 points for every $1 spent on anything and everything, including non-Prudential insurance premiums. And every 300 points is equivalent to $1.20 that you can redeem to offset Prudential policy premiums.
300 points ($1.20) = $200 charged so this works out to a 'cashback' of 0.6%

Prudential Platinum offers 1 point for every $1 spent, and every 300 points is equivalent to $1.20 that you can redeem to offset Prudential policy premiums.
300 points ($1.20) = $300 charged so this works out to a 'cashback' of 0.4%

The Standchart unlimited 1.5% cashback excludes Insurance premiums.

UOB
ONE Card offers quarterly cashback of 3.33% per month with a minimum spend of $500 each month. But it seems the cash back is only on charges to Prudential policy premiums and not any other Insurer premiums. Good for those with recurring monthly premiums with Prudential?

MAYBANK
FC Barcelona Visa Signature Card offers 1.6% cashback on all charges, including recurring premiums (except Etiqa Insurance premiums)

All this information is from individual bank's call centre CSO so please correct me if there is any errors. Anyone knows any other banks that offers Cashback for policy premiums by Creditcard?

is there miles card to pay hospital and life insurance to earn miles?

laurent_rio

Reaction score
may i ask if i pay prudential premium monthly via credit card and this month i pay using cardup (for next month premium). Will my credit card still be charged next month ?

9N1Y9N1Y

Reaction score
anyone have problem using cardup to pay aviva & manulife?
as in they have issue with reconciliation

VacheronLim

Reaction score
anyone have problem using cardup to pay aviva & manulife?
as in they have issue with reconciliation

the insurance company unable to reconcile your payment?

sometimes they may ask for the confirmation payment email from CardUp to help them narrow down the search

9N1Y9N1Y

Reaction score
They give the excuse to say can't recon only match the first policy. Can't be I'm the only one who use cardup pay them mah

VacheronLim

Reaction score
They give the excuse to say can't recon only match the first policy. Can't be I'm the only one who use cardup pay them mah

give them information like when the payment is initiated, and when the payment should be completed by, that should help them narrow the search for your incoming payment

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I under Aviva..I pay every month $600

I asked Aviva to give breakdown they give...

Anyway I also got my own record so can match

And when u pay is always based on policy number to pay mah

vddgnd

Reaction score
Should pay one policy per transaction. You paid more than one policy per cardup transaction?

9N1Y9N1Y

Reaction score
Ya 2 policy coz 1 of them is very small amount. Have been paying aia like this too all the while no issue

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.