anyone bought the latest zenfone 4

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score
referring to the higher end one that sells for RRP $698, not the max pro nor selfie.

Anyone using it, any good reviews?

Timbre70

Reaction score
Mostly positives except

1. WTF!?! Dual SIM on SD660 cannot use 4G + 3G voice; one will be 2G which makes it useless in SG. SMLJ???

2. According to Asus webby, FM radio have, but went to molest it at the shop, cannot find FM Radio. Tried type searching also cannot find.

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
Mostly positives except

1. WTF!?! Dual SIM on SD660 cannot use 4G + 3G voice; one will be 2G which makes it useless in SG. SMLJ???

2. According to Asus webby, FM radio have, but went to molest it at the shop, cannot find FM Radio. Tried type searching also cannot find.
Designed & priced to fail.
Gonna lose market share big time from 2017 onwards.

Timbre70

Reaction score
One thing I like Zenfone is timestamp feature on their camera, option to illuminate or not menu and back buttons. :)

$400+/500 can still buy, but at almost $700, will get a Nokia 8 or something with SD835 chip around that price.

Last edited:

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Never like Asus phone, their UI is horrible and lagfest. Even on their Flagship devices

Sent from one of android phone using GAGT

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
Never like Asus phone, their UI is horrible and lagfest. Even on their Flagship devices

Sent from one of android phone using GAGT
Actually I've got no serious issues with Asus mobile devices & Asus ZenUI as far as my usage is concerned.
Uninstalled & disable all those apps which I don't use. Also minimize as many apps as possible from auto-starting, set to auto clear cache & auto RAM booster. Very good, energy efficient & battery saving.

But seriously I think the company is going the way of HTC as far as mobile devices is concerned. Seems like they are more devoted to PC/Windows products. Android is just an extra bonus for them. More lucrative to focus on motherboard & graphics card business.

audiovideo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I love my zenfone 3.
proven that a mid range is good enough.
the camera is good... OIS is important. The screen is great.
hope the zenfone 5 has 4gb ram, OIS, similar build and thickness like the zenphone 3.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.