Viewqwest Fibre Internet disconnection fees after 24 Months contract

mr_voodoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wish to post this year as a warning to everyone who's currently on contract.

My 2 Year contract was over and they invoiced me upfront for another year without even calling me up and informing me or offering me a re-contract promotion.

1) Didn't inform contract was coming to an end and that it was up for renewal.
2) Just sent the invoice to my email which went to the junk folder.
3) The invoice is based on the old 2015 fibre plans.
4) Broadband prices have drastically fallen in the past year.

Really no form of customer service and a form of deception on their part.

Imagine if you are a monthly/annual subscriber and they just continue billing you at the old rate past your contract duration and don't even inform you anything at all. The old-time subscribers continue paying a premium price without knowing the latest prices and that their contract is over.

The moment I noticed the invoice email in my Junk folder, I wrote in to terminate the service immediately and even called in to check the next day and inform them.

YET they charged my card a few days later or at least attempted to.

Luckily I knew VQ was up to no good based on posts here.

They had my debit card on record and I pulled all funds out of the account immediately after I got the invoice just to be safe.

They tried charging my card a day after I actually called in to check about the termination. VQ then proceeded to do so a third time as I got an email stating that there were insufficient funds.

Only after the third time did a VQ staff called me asking for payment.
I was at a loss for words.

How bad can their Customer Service and billing system be?

I had emailed them, I even called to terminate the service.
And yet, they just ignored and attempted to charge my card.

Here's a bonus -

I clarified over the same phone call when I called in to terminate on what needs to be returned and if there was any deadline to return the Zhone ONT etc.

The staff told me there was no deadline and I could just return the Zhone whenever I wanted.

The final termination email came in after they finally called me (After the 2nd or 3rd attempt) to charge the card with a statement saying that I would be billed until the day I return the Zhone and misc items.

I'm now busy with my High Key ICT and was planning to return it after my High Key as the staff said there was no deadline or fees.

But now out of nowhere, I'm going to be billed just because I'm too busy to travel all the way to Bukit Timah to return the items immediately on the day my contract ends.

Viewqwest, you used to be good and there was indeed premium service in the early days. I'm not just talking about customer service but amazing speeds, latency and peering with almost no downtime.

Things just got worse after that and I hope you improve.

I switched ISPs because MyRepublic and VQ shook the industry and genuinely had better overall offerings compared to the mainstream ISPs.

But here I am after over 2 years using a Singtel connection and things are mostly on par if not better. The traffic light ISPs seem to have caught up and performing better while VQ is lagging behind the competition.

Last edited:

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mr voodoo u best report this to IMDA. Since u are the victim u have a case. Kaypoh like us report we have no case.

Nic's explanation does not make sense. First he says it is cos u were on yearly bill plan so their system auto bill. Auto bill is one thing but u said they auto renewe 2 year contract. That is 2 different issues.

Second, nic claims it was miscomm. What miscomm? If their sustem auto bill on yearly basis that is already wrong. Just because u previously wanted to be billed yearly, they cannot assume u want to continue that way. What if u now prefer to be billed monthly?

Third, u already told them to terminate but they still went ahead to bill your credit card. To me that is pure dishonesty. Nothing to do with miscomm.

If i were u i would bring this up to IMDA. Serves VQ right if they get fined by IMDA! CASE is useless so i wouldnt waste time with them.

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks like the safest thing to do now is, 2 months before contract is going to expire, write in to say change the card used for billing.

And then use a debit card & make sure u have just enough for 2 months bills. Then when they attempt to bill u, it will not go thru.

mr_voodoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mr voodoo u best report this to IMDA. Since u are the victim u have a case. Kaypoh like us report we have no case.

Nic's explanation does not make sense. First he says it is cos u were on yearly bill plan so their system auto bill. Auto bill is one thing but u said they auto renewe 2 year contract. That is 2 different issues.

Second, nic claims it was miscomm. What miscomm? If their sustem auto bill on yearly basis that is already wrong. Just because u previously wanted to be billed yearly, they cannot assume u want to continue that way. What if u now prefer to be billed monthly?

Third, u already told them to terminate but they still went ahead to bill your credit card. To me that is pure dishonesty. Nothing to do with miscomm.

If i were u i would bring this up to IMDA. Serves VQ right if they get fined by IMDA! CASE is useless so i wouldnt waste time with them.

I consider it case closed.
Luckily, I took preemptive measures to avoid being billed and it paid off :s13:

Lesson learned, and others should learn from this.

Hopefully, VQ also learns from this, cleans up their house and puts things in order.

MadwolfNemesis

Reaction score

My 2 Year contract was over and they invoiced me upfront for another year without even calling me up and informing me or offering me a re-contract promotion.

Imagine if you are a monthly/annual subscriber and they just continue billing you at the old rate past your contract duration and don't even inform you anything at all. The old-time subscribers continue paying a premium price without knowing the latest prices and that their contract is over.

The moment I noticed the invoice email in my Junk folder, I wrote in to terminate the service immediately and even called in to check the next day and inform them.

They had my debit card on record and I pulled all funds out of the account immediately after I got the invoice just to be safe.

They tried charging my card a day after I actually called in to check about the termination. VQ then proceeded to do so a third time as I got an email stating that there were insufficient funds.

Here's a bonus -

I clarified over the same phone call when I called in to terminate on what needs to be returned and if there was any deadline to return the Zhone ONT etc.

The staff told me there was no deadline and I could just return the Zhone whenever I wanted.

The final termination email came in after they finally called me (After the 2nd or 3rd attempt) to charge the card with a statement saying that I would be billed until the day I return the Zhone and misc items.

I'm now busy with my High Key ICT and was planning to return it after my High Key as the staff said there was no deadline or fees.

But now out of nowhere, I'm going to be billed just because I'm too busy to travel all the way to Bukit Timah to return the items immediately on the day my contract ends.

Viewqwest, you used to be good and there was indeed premium service in the early days. I'm not just talking about customer service but amazing speeds, latency and peering with almost no downtime.

I switched ISPs because MyRepublic and VQ shook the industry and genuinely had better overall offerings compared to the mainstream ISPs.

But here I am after over 2 years using a Singtel connection and things are mostly on par if not better. The traffic light ISPs seem to have caught up and performing better while VQ is lagging behind the competition.

I couldn't agree more.

VQ used to be a quality ISP. Things started to go downhill when they began to be aggressive in their marketing efforts to boost their subscribers base. Their team is unable to handle the rise in the number of subscribers and their technical hotline is horrible. Either you wait for more than 15 mins before their system ends your call, or your attempts to leave a voice message be greeted with a 'voicebox' full response.

I'm so glad that my VQ contract has ended and yes, I have to pay the disconnection fee. Between paying the disconnection fee and enduring the frustrations of being a VQ customer, I definitely choose the former.

PS: And the benefit of being the monopoly of Singapore's fibre optics installer (NetLink) allows you to charge whatever amount you want. I dont see why $125 is required just to disconnect.

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Here's a bonus -

Honestly though, Singtel is guilty of the charge old rates quietly scheme as well. I once took up a macbook premium, and they still quietly continued charging the macbook premium rates (over sgd115 mind you) even though the two years contract was over.

Apex

Reaction score
Honestly though, Singtel is guilty of the charge old rates quietly scheme as well. I once took up a macbook premium, and they still quietly continued charging the macbook premium rates (over sgd115 mind you) even though the two years contract was over.

I think singtel will continued charge you on your current plan rate... so if ur is 115 it will go on 115 until u terminate or sign up a new plan/package.

**Correct me i am wrong.. Been awhile I last use singtel fiber. Now on M1.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think singtel will continued charge you on your current plan rate... so if ur is 115 it will go on 115 until u terminate or sign up a new plan/package.

**Correct me i am wrong.. Been awhile I last use singtel fiber. Now on M1.

That's right.. fibre service with gift premium will continue at the current monthly rate until one decides to recontract or terminate. With the ongoing effort of massive SMS reminders, calls from telesales and even snail mail reminders I have received thus far for my mobile and fibre services, SingTel always seem to drop subtle hints that my services are due for recontract.. So in my own experience there is always a few months to consider whether I want to recontract or terminate the plan..

duo8668

Reaction score
That another best part is that we are able to negotiate with Singtel on the new rates and certain terms. I did this before to avoid early termination charge for mobile broadband when my landlord agreed to allow me to subscribe to ADSL in the past. So their CSO on the phone was telling me that they couldnt do the adjustment once they received the subscription information and it took effect.

Right now i am angry customer of VQ due to the downtime in this year. Even funny thing is that if your session is locked and hooked, they require you to call in instead of their system able to help you to restart the session. It is like I pay for the food and I got to cook it myself in a restaurant in case their chef is too busy. What the logic there?

For the port disconnection fee, i am going to ask them the detail if they want me to pay!

o blong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more.

VQ used to be a quality ISP. Things started to go downhill when they began to be aggressive in their marketing efforts to boost their subscribers base. Their team is unable to handle the rise in the number of subscribers and their technical hotline is horrible. Either you wait for more than 15 mins before their system ends your call, or your attempts to leave a voice message be greeted with a 'voicebox' full response.

I'm so glad that my VQ contract has ended and yes, I have to pay the disconnection fee. Between paying the disconnection fee and enduring the frustrations of being a VQ customer, I definitely choose the former.

PS: And the benefit of being the monopoly of Singapore's fibre optics installer (NetLink) allows you to charge whatever amount you want. I dont see why $125 is required just to disconnect.

Exactly my thoughts. Starting damn good. Then I got PUMPED by them plus all those fees. Such a shame so many businesses in this province go downhill after a great start

maximoz

Reaction score
The disconnection fee is ridiculous for the quality of service they provide in terms of customer support and the actual fibre internet itself!

Would not recommend for any of my friends or family members!

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The disconnection fee is ridiculous for the quality of service they provide in terms of customer support and the actual fibre internet itself!

Would not recommend for any of my friends or family members!
Never mind friends and family. Even if my worst enemy asks me for my opinion of VQ I will tell him NOT to subscribe! :s8:

This is becoming a habit sia. Every Sat and/or Sun sure got issues. Normally is suddenly no internet connection. Sometimes off/on the ONT & router solves the problem, sometimes must call VQ to dark them then they do dunno what on their end then okay.

Today again no connection out of the blue. Off/on ONT & router solved it but now its crawling.

I know VQ doesn't come in any more and Nic is hiding like an ostrich. But let this serve as a warning for those who are considering signing up. Don't say I neh warn you! :s8:

coktky

Reaction score

Here's a bonus -

Bro..Thanks for the sharing. This really need to bring out to all other user that currently deal with this VQ (Viewqwest). I have experienced same stuff as what you were faced last year. Zero customer services, unlawful charge on credit card, lousy connection and no technical support.

I hard to believe that VQ is from first world country. it should be at 3rd world standard.

coktky

Reaction score
Never mind friends and family. Even if my worst enemy asks me for my opinion of VQ I will tell him NOT to subscribe! :s8:

This is becoming a habit sia. Every Sat and/or Sun sure got issues. Normally is suddenly no internet connection. Sometimes off/on the ONT & router solves the problem, sometimes must call VQ to dark them then they do dunno what on their end then okay.

Today again no connection out of the blue. Off/on ONT & router solved it but now its crawling.

I know VQ doesn't come in any more and Nic is hiding like an ostrich. But let this serve as a warning for those who are considering signing up. Don't say I neh warn you! :s8:

Yea, this is why I switch out from them....I think they will end their business soon. Long term commitment with them will kill you.:angel:

^Tripper^

Reaction score
VQ really seems to actively confuse or deceive their customers as a matter of policy. It’s a real scumbag company. And the service is laughable with frequent outages and clueless and deceptive staff.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Can actually email IMDA for help to terminate the service.

magix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Nic Blais? I think he left VQ around Aug 2017 and join Singtel liao lor.

So I think he also give up on VQ.

Soya_Bean

Master Member
Reaction score
Hais, gonna get charged for termination fee =(

but good thing is finally get to leave the sinking ship.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.