IMAC 2017 Backlight bleeding problem

minute_me

Reaction score
I had a late 2015 IMAC I think I didn't notice the issue.

I just got my new iMac I immediately notice the back light bleeding issue when I power up the Mac. It's particularly noticeable at the lower right corner when I view a photo with black background.

Do any of you have this issue ? Should I return for another one ?

VodkaPear

Master Member
Reaction score
Check physical set at apple store, etc.
Shld not have this type of issue.
I guess little bit is fine. But if too much, exchange it.

minute_me

Reaction score
Check physical set at apple store, etc.
Shld not have this type of issue.
I guess little bit is fine. But if too much, exchange it.

it's quite obvious if i have a screen saver with a black background.. how does the exchange work ? i ordered mine online.

minute_me

Reaction score
call their hotline to have it replaced.

Any idea how it works ? Will they come and take it back and send u a new one?

Went to Apple store and ask the staff about this backlit bleeding issue with imac and the staff said they have never encounter anything like this ?

What a joke...this backlight bleeding issue is quite widely reported and they can tell me straight in the face that they have not encountered such issues.

VodkaPear

Master Member
Reaction score
Any idea how it works ? Will they come and take it back and send u a new one?

Went to Apple store and ask the staff about this backlit bleeding issue with imac and the staff said they have never encounter anything like this ?

What a joke...this backlight bleeding issue is quite widely reported and they can tell me straight in the face that they have not encountered such issues.

I guess most ppl who buy iMac will get through on9. So staff at store will seldom or nv c this issue?

Just call. They will arrange DHL to collect full set. once they acknowledge received item in full, they will proceed to send u a replacement set. 1-1 replacement.

minute_me

Reaction score
thanks. will call them .

26171203_1242982495803904_4808176369044844366_o.jpg

it's not very clear but you can see that patch from top to the lower right corner. i took a pic of my OLED TV, totally black.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.