New card: AMEX SIA KrisFlyer Ascend

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
just spoke to an AMEX CSO
did anyone hear of a $60 credit referral bonus or something?

lynex

Reaction score
Does anyone know if I have 2 vouchers, can I use it at the same time? Like book 2 consecutive night? In the website, once put the code like can only claim 1 night

kindaichi83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have never be able to get 100% waiver for this card...

only 50%, is it normal?

also, why are people letting off the vouchers? it is not tied to the card meh?

Last edited:

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone know if the annual fee is enforced if i like the free hotel stay voucher? I spoke to cso they said i need to apply for KF gold, and upgrade to KF ascend after 1 or 2y to get AF waiver and free lounge plus hotel voucher.

I thought voucher is tagged to CC but apparently not so as many ppl selling

juxtaposition

Reaction score
XCbCA50.jpg

My last Millenium voucher. So far had stayed at patong Phuket three times liao, got upgraded to pool access one time.

The best was in Paris Opera.

Moving on, Hilton voucher but too bad v restrictive on hotels location. In short, don’t interest me anymore.

Tiger9119

Reaction score
does the krisflyer miles earn on this card have expiry?

All the KrisFlyer miles you earned are transferred automatically to your KrisFlyer account with no transfer fee. The miles in Krisflyer account will expire in 3 years.

hclee01

Master Member
Reaction score
My friend got this promo to upgrade his existing AMEX KF Blue credit card to the Ascend card

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score
My friend got this promo to upgrade his existing AMEX KF Blue credit card to the Ascend card

does it require to pay 1st year annual fee for the 20,000 bonus miles? It is exactly the same bonus miles(- welcome bonus) as applying a new Ascend card.

The vouchers are not worth the annual fee.

Hyphos

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all. My wife just signed up for this card, but as she is a first time AMEX cardholder, her credit limit is 3K despite her monthly income being close to 4K. Thus, there is no way for her to get the 10K spending welcome bonus.

I find this is misleading by AMEX since they illustrated that new AMEX cardholders will get both the 7K first spend as well as the 10K spending welcome bonuses within first 3 months, which is not possible if they only give new cardholders 3K credit limit! Anyone here has luck increasing their limit as a first time cardholder?

KFA(June)_PJ_550x.png

Last edited:

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all. My wife just signed up for this card, but as she is a first time AMEX cardholder, her credit limit is 3K despite her monthly income being close to 4K. Thus, there is no way for her to get the 10K spending welcome bonus.

I find this is misleading by AMEX since they illustrated that new AMEX cardholders will get both the 7K first spend as well as the 10K spending welcome bonuses within first 3 months, which is not possible if they only give new cardholders 3K credit limit! Anyone here has luck increasing their limit as a first time cardholder?

KFA(June)_PJ_550x.png

She can prepay to the card to increase the credit limit.

dexboi

Master Member
Reaction score

You have 3 months to clock $5k or $10k spend. Don't have to wait for monthly credit card bill to come. Spend $3k today, pay $3k via AXS next week and your credit limit will "recharge" itself. Rinse and repeat till you hit your desired target.

Are you a first time credit-card user as well?? Cos you don't seem quite well verse too. :vijayadmin:

Hyphos

Master Member
Reaction score
She can prepay to the card to increase the credit limit.

Thanks!

You have 3 months to clock $5k or $10k spend. Don't have to wait for monthly credit card bill to come. Spend $3k today, pay $3k via AXS next week and your credit limit will "recharge" itself. Rinse and repeat till you hit your desired target.

Are you a first time credit-card user as well?? Cos you don't seem quite well verse too. :vijayadmin:

I have signed up and cancelled over 50 cards for the past 7 years. I have never prepaid my bills and always paid my bills close to the due date to maximize my bank account interest, hence I did not know of this way to reset the monthly credit limit prematurely. But thanks for your helpful and condescending answer! :s8:

AMD_FREAK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

KFA(June)_PJ_550x.png

I will just prepay 7K to increase the credit limit to 10K :) Tried this method for Citi and UOB cards before.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.