mobile phone receive money notification

v1hypersg

Reaction score
hi,

just thought i share this here as it might happen to other people as well,

last year year end, i reserve a new number from M1 website to change my mobile number as i am changing new job this year,

then i went down to make payment and the system changed the number on the 1st, then during last week,

i received a total of 4 sms which say that somebody transfer some money to me,

since the porting of new number from SAME service provider ( previous no as m1 )

few months ago, a friend was telling me that there are some scandal going on which money lenders send money to your mobile no then when the user receive the message, they call back and ask why there was money transferred to them

the money lenders say that the user applied for money loans and this is the transaction of the transfer of that loan

and then the daily accrual interest and principle amount is due at a future date,

in the 1st place, user might not have activated the money transfer from any banks so how are they going to get the cash out,

next if they have not applied for the loan, why are they suppose to pay for it with accrual interests ?

i called up M1 customer service and emailed them the screen shot and 1 of the customer officers say that this is not a prank sms so they cannot block it and suggested i report to the police,

then another called saying that this is from mobile dash which is under singtel and i need to call them to check and seek their help,

i called singtel / dash and they checked the system and my new no is not in the list of active nos for transfer and receive money,

then why i get these messages and what if the scam happen to me ?

i have to waste time and energy to settles these problems which should have been not allowed to happen in the 1st place,

i paid the service to get a new no from m1,

i pay monthly subscription to m1 for my service

other people pay them as well to other providers and why are we subjected to such abuses ?

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is used number.
Hence most probably previous owner of this number not happy so changed the number.

You can request to change number again.
Reason based on these issues.
They will wavied the cost.

There could be more coming...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.