CAR RENTAL JEJU

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My 29 inch luggage is just half of the car boot. Hence should be able to put both in.

I can gpgt here.

:eek:
maybe mine is a different version of kia morning... coz i cant even place my luggage flat in the car boot. have to place it standing on its side.

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes, I was like you until when I collect the car in jeju.

I'm using sixt, their cars pretty bad shape in terms of outlook.
lot of scratches and minor accidents.

company only cover a certain portion and should the accident be severe.
this is what a comprehensive comes in, have a piece of mind.

best is to buy the insurance during online.

I only bought the insurance when I reached jeju counter and it was much more expensive as compared to the net.

remember the few keys things to bring along:
- the credit card that use for payment, they would require to check again
- AA (international license)
- local license
- passport

Really need International Driving license ah?

Thought our local driving license should be suffice.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Really need International Driving license ah?

Thought our local driving license should be suffice.

yes, need IDP.

anyway, IDP very easy to apply one.. just walk-in to AA, pay $20 and get it on the spot.

JazzMyWorld

Reaction score
anyone tried booking using a debit card before? Those singapore issued visa/mastercard cards

Quasar

Reaction score
You can usually pay rentals with a debit card. But most rental companies will take a further deposit from you, and they can't cancel and refund that deposit back to a debit card. It has to be a credit card.

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, can I confirm if waze works properly in jeju?

Also I am staying in airbnb. If I kena only Korean GPS and the place has no phone number, how do I key in the address? Korean GPS can enter romaji? Or I must learn the Korean alphabet?

crunsik

Reaction score
HI everyone

Could i check which would be a better option, LPG or Gasoline? I know that one of the difference is the space of the boot but any other factors i should consider?

I like to check if AJ is better choice or Lotte rent a car better one? I noticed that AJ insurance do not cover Third Party Liability or Personal Accident Insurance. But does it matters as these are covered by Hertz and Avis but not these KOrean car agencies.

I also read <url>http://blog.trazy.com/jeju-car-rental-guide/ </url> and it mentions that "When you return the car, don’t return it with the tank full of gasoline (it’s non-refundable, so just drive around as much as you can and return it with little leftover of gasoline)." is this true as from my past experience the car should be returned with full tank.

Thanks peeps!

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, anyone got experience using lotte rent a car 'mystery deal?'

pnszpk0.png

The pricing looks cheap but then none of the "reservation" buttons area available so I can't proceed leh. :s22:

(I got no problem reserving specific model, but this mystery deal is like 40% the price ...)

juxtaposition

Reaction score
If I never rem wrongly, rent car in Jeju is cheap but their insurance v expensive.

Google don’t work in S.Korea.

ckboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
Didnt drive in SG for 5 years.

Do you all think it is advisable for me to drive in Jeju? Saw online that some people said that the city road is very narrow and highway alot of cars are speeding at winding road?

fadefade

Reaction score
Hi guys, anyone got experience using lotte rent a car 'mystery deal?'

pnszpk0.png

The pricing looks cheap but then none of the "reservation" buttons area available so I can't proceed leh. :s22:

(I got no problem reserving specific model, but this mystery deal is like 40% the price ...)

i just reserved using member login 60% price. 4 days at jeju with full cdw total damage 108000won

fadefade

Reaction score
one bad thing is they only allow credit card. no cash payment. which means the bank rate sux = higher price paid.

hotpick

Reaction score
Anyone know if AJ or Lotte allow credit card from the passenger instead of the driver? thx.

[1/16] Reply from both AJ and Lotte said they accept travelling companion's cc.

Last edited:

voiceoflove

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the lotte car rental, no airport pick up for car at jeju ?

the gps english is blacko out means only left with korean lang?

google gps dont work in jeju right

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.