M1 Multi-SIM for MiFi Usage

galaxyuser

Reaction score
Hi just wanna ask if my proposed plan (typed in bold below) works or if it violates M1's ToS at all?

Sign up for the Multi-SIM service to tie to my current MySIMe 118 plan. Plug the second SIM into mobile WiFi router and use as WiFi hotspot.

Last edited:

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They do know some may do use it this way.
But more important is the Fair Usage as stated in the T&C.
As in your overall usage across all lines.

galaxyuser

Reaction score
Hmm so I suppose light usage on the MiFi (about <3GB per day) should be fine right? I'm staying this as I'll be enlisting and won't really have good access to M1 network there... Planning to use this MiFi route to replace my home 2008 router for faster internet speed.

They do know some may do use it this way.
But more important is the Fair Usage as stated in the T&C.
As in your overall usage across all lines.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm so I suppose light usage on the MiFi (about <3GB per day) should be fine right? I'm staying this as I'll be enlisting and won't really have good access to M1 network there... Planning to use this MiFi route to replace my home 2008 router for faster internet speed.

Light usage = 3GB/Day? Wtf? :s22:

And enlisting... Tekong School 4 (Rocky Hill Camp) ah?

If Tekong, can tell you safely, School 4 M1's 3G network is atrocious (in the night/CAT1 all you can do is to have voice calls and/or WhatsApp and maybe HWZ Forums w/out ads), School 1/2/3 still ok with decent M1 4G speeds.

Inside Rocky Hill, only SingTel have 4G. StarHub also 3G but peak period network isn't as bad.

Perspective of M1 customer in Rocky Hill Camp for 04/17 batch. This situation won't change until earliest Q2 2018, by then you would have POP-ed (if 01/2018 BMT batch).

Last edited:

galaxyuser

Reaction score
Ok I didn't make things clear in my previous post. My parents want to upgrade WiFi but don't wanna go the optical fiber route, so they're planning to use Multi-SIM for mobile WiFi at home.

Light usage = 3GB/Day? Wtf? :s22:

And enlisting... Tekong School 4 (Rocky Hill Camp) ah?

If Tekong, can tell you safely, School 4 M1's 3G network is atrocious (in the night/CAT1 all you can do is to have voice calls and/or WhatsApp and maybe HWZ Forums w/out ads), School 1/2/3 still ok with decent M1 4G speeds.

Inside Rocky Hill, only SingTel have 4G. StarHub also 3G but peak period network isn't as bad.

Perspective of M1 customer in Rocky Hill Camp for 04/17 batch. This situation won't change until earliest Q2 2018, by then you would have POP-ed (if 01/2018 BMT batch).

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok I didn't make things clear in my previous post. My parents want to upgrade WiFi but don't wanna go the optical fiber route, so they're planning to use Multi-SIM for mobile WiFi at home.

StarHub cable broadband? $22.90/mth 12 months contract haha

galaxyuser

Reaction score
Don't wanna to use cable broadband if possible. Prefer to have no more money for now. Reason cos my parents moving house soon so they don't wanna have to sign for another broadband plan first.

StarHub cable broadband? $22.90/mth 12 months contract haha

Last edited:

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't wanna to use cable broadband if possible. Prefer to have no more money for now. Reason cos my parents moving house soon so they don't wanna have to sign for another broadband plan first.
Starhub do have Cable 100 no contract $19.90 month.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.