[Project Throne] Gaming chairs, know what you're getting and what you are actually paying for

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Roy, could you tell me dxracer.sg , and gamerzone , which would be a better place to purchase a dxracer chair?

Sorry for the late reply. Gamerzone is a reseller. The dxracer.sg should be their own.

lucario386

Reaction score
'Gaming' chairs are mostly a gimmick imo. I recommend investing in a Herman Miller (or buy second hand) or get a budget one like MARKUS from IKEA.

faithsullivan

Reaction score
Expired pictures

@royfrosty your pictures under 'ripping it apart' for the generic chair has 'expired'. Is it possible to reupload it or send it to me? I would really like to see what is inside. Thanks!

winter_lai_liao

Reaction score
i would say omega is a really comfortable chair ,but the leather is cmi. i used it for 2years and the front portion tore off exposing the foam inside. the PU leather is the only complaint i have. but overall its a really comfortable chair

OKCANN

Reaction score
Im considering getting secretlab titan vs akracing or dxracer chair. I like the titan because it has the adjustable lumbar so i dont have to use cushions. Any advice or recommendations

coznowEiZcan

Reaction score
@okcann would recommend testing them out. if titan fits you,then go for it.initially i wanted the titan but the omega was the better fit for me.
quality-wise, so far have no regrets from purchasing it and have been enjoying it ever since.
if youre interested, i have 2 videos (unboxing w/assembly; feedback) on my youtube channel: coznowEiZcan, hope they help.

cheers!

Last edited:

thhchx

Reaction score
any reviews on the new Softweave material SL is using?
I think the 'softweave' material is great, as I opted for that and have been using it- should be better than PU in terms of durability as PU is prone to tearing and various things. However, it also depends on how one uses it.

thhchx

Reaction score
Im considering getting secretlab titan vs akracing or dxracer chair. I like the titan because it has the adjustable lumbar so i dont have to use cushions. Any advice or recommendations
Those brands, including SL, might all be from the same ODM manufacturer, in other words, they are most probably 'the same thing' with design variations. I think, it's my personal suggestion, is that you want to consider service and support. SL most probably has one of the most robust support for their chair in SG...

justaguy77

Reaction score
I actually bought the cheapest classic 1 apol chairs just a few days ago. Been using it 2 days, it felt comfy enough. Im about 1.64m tall and 70plus kg. Mind you, this is the 1st 'expensive' chair i bought. Before im only using those cheap plastic chair.

Things to note the recline lever seem a bit stiff but I have no problem adjusting it. The armrest seem abit loose on 1 side and stiff on the other side. (It could be due to installation) but Im fine with it.

1 thing I dont like is the neck cushion, it make my neck ache.its abit on the firm side,I feel much better without it. The lumbar feel good enough on my back.

If you got the time,its best to test it yourself at their showroom.

Anyway just a side question, did anyone use their gaming chair without any neck rest? Or is there any soft neck rest to recommend?

krunchie

Reaction score
Has anyone done reviews for the Secretlab Titan XL Softweave version? Thinking of getting this.

I had an Omega back in 2016 but it sucks due to the famously peeling issue.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.