[Official] EDMW Cat Owners Thread~ - Part 3

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Merry Christmas to everyone

15626209_1639156536110686_7002185642987501416_o.jpg

Hi everyone, Mr. Ah Fat passed away suddenly due to accident yesterday. It was too sudden and too shocking. I still can't believe that it happened and still can get over his passing :(:(

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
oh dear.....then the poor new stray will be lonely no more ah bui to tc of her :sad:

Oh that one is Mr. Chubby with his gf the tortie gal.

The one who passed away is a senior cat who was called Mr. Ah Fat also known as Yoda due to the shape of his ears.

AristroCats

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, Mr. Ah Fat passed away suddenly due to accident yesterday. It was too sudden and too shocking. I still can't believe that it happened and still can get over his passing :(:(

Oh no no no!
I'm so so sorry CatLuVer. :sad::sad:
You really took care of him and never gave up. I'm sure he knows that and grateful to you.
Rest in peace dear boy. You'll be missed greatly.

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
26229948_2194536683905999_6735317499502602549_n.jpg

26198505_2194537020572632_4311137264927605940_o.jpg

He was abandoned on 5th May 2012. He was very skinny and had a severe gum infection and bleeding. We brought him to the vet and was informed he could be around 8-9 yrs old. He recovered fast and became chubby within a month. The residents named him Ah Fat. Some of us even named him Yoda due to the shape of his ears.

June 2016 he went missing. We thought he was lost forever. Surprisingly he was found 2 months later by my neighbor at Boat Quay. We were so happy and brought him back.

May 2017 he got cancer and became very sick and we almost lost him. But again he beat the odds and responded well to the med some immune boosting injection. He regained back his health and became more chubby and active. On sunday abt 11.30am one of my neighbours spotted him lying dead in the middle of the parking lot. His death was too sudden

26229772_2194537620572572_2411346084794919767_n.jpg

alfcrazyhorse

Reaction score
Very sorry to hear that. I am always worry for the cats that we feed in our estate, and if one goes missing for even a day, we all panic and start looking for them. There will always the 1 or 2 cats that will break your heart one day. We just have to stay strong.

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Dunno what to do. Need your advices.

This is Patch. I have been feeding her since Jan 2002 when she was abandoned as a tiny kitten. She is 16 yrs old. Past 2 yrs due to some nerve imbalance she was on long term fostering sponsored by my neighbour.

Since last thurs she don want to eat or drink. Fri she was admitted. Sat i visited her and she was very alert. Her liver readings were high and seem to have heart issues. She was on tube feeding and was looking better. But Yesterday she was struggling to breath and had to be put in oxygen chamber. As of 9pm she is in a serious condition. Her heart issue is worse, her organs start to crash. So 2 options:

1) Leave her be - vet said she may not last another 2 days.
2) Put her to sleep n end her misery.

Too stressed now.

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

So 2 options:

Too stressed now.

Put to sleep, it is best if you are there with her at the end rather than her suddenly dying alone.

Lurker_13

Master Member
Reaction score

This is Patch. I have been feeding her since Jan 2002 when she was abandoned as a tiny kitten. She is 16 yrs old. Past 2 yrs due to some nerve imbalance she was on long term fostering sponsored by my neighbour.

Since last thurs she don want to eat or drink. Fri she was admitted. Sat i visited her and she was very alert. Her liver readings were high and seem to have heart issues. She was on tube feeding and was looking better. But Yesterday she was struggling to breath and had to be put in oxygen chamber. As of 9pm she is in a serious condition. Her heart issue is worse, her organs start to crash. So 2 options:

Too stressed now.

:sad::sad::sad: watever yr decision jus stay by her side... she will understd...talk to her and let her know u love her and tat it is ok for her to go... pls send her my hugs n kisses ok? ������
Pls stay strong CatLuVer. Jiayou!

Last edited:

alfcrazyhorse

Reaction score
CatLuver, let her live out her remaining days. Keep her as comfortable as possible. That is what I would do. Stay strong.

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Patch became restless and keep crying as if she wants to get out of the cage. So fosterer discharge her and brought her home. At 8.30pm she passed away.

AristroCats

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Patch became restless and keep crying as if she wants to get out of the cage. So fosterer discharge her and brought her home. At 8.30pm she passed away.

Oh CatLuVer....I have no words. Please let me know if you want to talk, I cannot imagine how difficult it is for you now.
No more suffering for you little one, play and be free at the bridge. Ah Fat will meet you there.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.