New Sennheiser HD820 Closed backed announce

Amon86

Reaction score
Is much more expensive than current HD800S Open backed direct response to Focal Utopia

x1_desktop_Sennheiser_Headphones_HD_820_4.jpg

x1_desktop_Sennheiser_Headphones_HD_820_HDV_820.jpg

More Info
https://en-ca.sennheiser.com/high-end-headphones-audiophiles-hd-820

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfSu6Hp9bQw

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Holy crap! The asking price is just nutz, much like the Utopia!:eek:

Amon86

Reaction score
The design quite interesting as from the looks of it just a glass piece placing on top of the hd800s back driver then come with leather earcup....thought glass is a bad material for sound isolation.....once arrive shall try it

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no problem for u :D
You look me too up lah, I ish not that standard. But still, I might perhaps look into it further after a few months as I'll be shifting into a new apartment in Punggol in a couple of months or so.

Anyway, just got a MD HE4XX from a local seller at 200 and gonna compare it against the HD6XX.

tonyep

Reaction score
The design quite interesting as from the looks of it just a glass piece placing on top of the hd800s back driver then come with leather earcup....thought glass is a bad material for sound isolation.....once arrive shall try it

Well the glass' purpose is to reflect and not isolate.

Amon86

Reaction score
Well the glass' purpose is to reflect and not isolate.

Ya that's y it makes no sense most closed back headphone i know of used to stuff foam around the wooden cup to prevent reflection from the cup material by decoupling so it will not add colour to the sound from the drivers...just like speakers...so kinda curious how it sounds like...

The only audio related stuff like speaker that used glass as well is Final Audio Design OPUS 204 as seldom speakers will use glass other than the recent glass speaker which sony release which doesn't sound really good
final_opus204.jpg

Last edited:

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sennheiser just released the HD820, MrSpeakers just released (quite recently) their VOCE Electrostatic can (suspect price to be between 4200SGD to 4500SGD). Looks kicka$$ though..
voce_for_magazine-006_small_square.jpeg

Last edited:

Buckbrick

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I’ve checked w Senn. Will be in sg in June. Estimated $3k+.

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually, the VOCE would cost a lot more compared to the HD820. It's an Electrostatic can and does NOT come with an amp or energizer, so buying it would add substantially to the cost.:eek: Looks like about 6k SGD with a good energizer.

Ummmm....that's too rich for my blood liao.

Amon86

Reaction score
Actually, the VOCE would cost a lot more compared to the HD820. It's an Electrostatic can and does NOT come with an amp or energizer, so buying it would add substantially to the cost.:eek: Looks like about 6k SGD with a good energizer.

Ummmm....that's too rich for my blood liao.

yah those mr speaker are way too overprice...might as well buy speakers for that kinda amount which is much worth it

Amon86

Reaction score
Tried Sennheiser HD820 during can jam singapore they offer me to tried the line in and balance....the normal jack sounded very thin in sound vs the balance....actually the sound signature don't sound clinical in compare to the HD800 which i know of....is a much more dynamic sound....but the soundstage is alot compress in comparsion with the HD800....which i quite disappointed thinking they might came out the same wide soundstage outcome as the open one......

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.