OCBC Credit Cards Annual Fee waiver (Ridiculous)

limpoop

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OCBC bank refuse to waive my credit card annual fee after waiting 5 working days and insisted that the amount spend must be $10k before they can waive it. This is really nonsense when most bank can get waiver with just few hundred spend and is immediate. Despite appealing they still reject the waiver. I have spend $2.5k on the card and dont understand why they are so hard on it. Seem in this competitive era where most bank are willing to waiver hoping to retain customers, but OCBC doesnt think so. Futhermore now everything is online (automated) and each card last 5 years or more, why should we pay the annual fee for administrative. Really disappointing.:(:(:(:(

Today I called DBS/POSB hotline and key-in my POSB Master card numbers to waive the $180+GST% annual fees and request was approved in a few seconds without talking to anyone.

m/mink

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just end your r/s with OCBC to save yourselves a heart attack.
Their nonsense has been going on since 2015 and new stories still up in 2018.

Jazzbie

Reaction score
OCBC bank refuse to waive my credit card annual fee after waiting 5 working days and insisted that the amount spend must be $10k before they can waive it. This is really nonsense when most bank can get waiver with just few hundred spend and is immediate. Despite appealing they still reject the waiver. I have spend $2.5k on the card and dont understand why they are so hard on it. Seem in this competitive era where most bank are willing to waiver hoping to retain customers, but OCBC doesnt think so. Futhermore now everything is online (automated) and each card last 5 years or more, why should we pay the annual fee for administrative. Really disappointing.:(:(:(:(

Its their right to charge and your right to cancel.

Their cards are no longer attractive anymore so nothing to be sad about anyway..

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
sibeh jialat OCBC. I wanted to walk in counter and close my deposit account also.
tell me escalate to management but nobody call me.

Hi only_lonely,

Were you promised a call back, but did not received one?
Could you drop us a PM with more details on this?

^DG

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I cancelled my card with them last year, then their savings account too. Nothing attractive about them. I'm planning to transfer my CPF investment account out from ocbc to another bank as well. Wondering how they want to charge me the fees and ********.

xanthene

Reaction score
Lol, Even with spending near of more than 8.5K near to their requirement of 10K , OCBC still refuse to waive off annual fee after 2 request by SMS and Customer Hotline, really time to cancel my 360 account and change

WalterTea

Reaction score
OCBC refused to waive my OCBC PLUS credit card.

so I cancel my PLUS credit card, do I need to close the Saving PLUS account as well?

to use PLUS link point,
Do I apply for another PLUS Card again?

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

so I cancel my PLUS credit card, do I need to close the Saving PLUS account as well?

to use PLUS link point,

If you are NTUC member the Plus card should not be charged.

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score

to use PLUS link point,

Hi WalterTea,

We apologise for not being able to accede to your waiver request.

If your Plus! credit card is a standalone card that is not tagged to the Plus! account, you will not need to close the Plus! account.

Should you need assistance to check on this, please call our hotline at 1800 363 3333.

^DG

ORELLE

Master Member
Reaction score

to use PLUS link point,

me same as you, so i cut the card. Then i pay $10 for a plus card w/o Visa. :D

vddgnd

Reaction score
Now I login can't see the banner, maybe my app is already linked to the plus account. Iirc the banner is under the reward tab.

GundamG

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just saw this thread. looks like its going to be hard to waive the annual fee for my ocbc 365 that was just charged to my card 2 days back.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.