ASUS RT-AC1200G Router

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
Tried everything u suggested. Still the same haha. Hope its just because of my old Note 4. Will get a laptop in the next few months. Hope can see faster speeds then.

Goodshot

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Arrrrr, lazy go do already. Wait move new bto I use lan cable sua

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
Oh Grift i saw your post. Your router was set to AP mode, mine is now wifi mode, which makes it slower i think. I think it was AP mode before firmware update also. How do i set it back to AP mode? I tried to do it before but i didnt know how to do it properly.any advice?

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh Grift i saw your post. Your router was set to AP mode, mine is now wifi mode, which makes it slower i think. I think it was AP mode before firmware update also. How do i set it back to AP mode? I tried to do it before but i didnt know how to do it properly.any advice?

Is ac1200 the main router ? Or you have another main router ?

If only 1 main router, Wi-Fi router mode is correct. You only switch to AP if it's a 2nd router in your bedroom for example

-Grift-

Reaction score

Tested 1200g+ routing performance before, wired 800+mbps doable so I don’t think that’s the issue

-Grift-

Reaction score
I think TS issue was over wireless ?

Was trying to say that 1200g+ was more than capable of routing speeds above wireless spec as “router” mode does routing and “ap” merely does switching :o

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
My AC1200 is the only router. It's connected directly to the M1 ONT which is then connected to the Fiber Termination Point. So i really dont know what to do now to get it back to 500mbps. I downloaded the asus router app and tried to turn on bandwidth limiter and set it to 1000mbps but that made it worse from 140mbps it dropped to 80+mbps.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My AC1200 is the only router. It's connected directly to the M1 ONT which is then connected to the Fiber Termination Point. So i really dont know what to do now to get it back to 500mbps. I downloaded the asus router app and tried to turn on bandwidth limiter and set it to 1000mbps but that made it worse from 140mbps it dropped to 80+mbps.

Bandwidth limiter should be off. You should use all AC wifi client at least 2 X 2.
If notebook do not have AC then use a usb AC client. Your router must be near/at the centre of your home and at a high position. Bean forming must be on if available. Always use 5Ghz wifi SSID. 5Ghz wifi should be set to 80 Mhz instead of 40 Mhz or 40/80 Mhz.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.