Institute of Technology (SIT) - Singapore's 5th University! - Part 2

guyz92

Reaction score
hi, i am currently y1 S1 in ntu but I intend to withdraw now and apply to SIT (ICT). Will my application be considered as a fresh application or transfer application? If its the latter, am I given a few choices of course or only one? Hope someone with same experience can share with me your experience. thanks!

You may check with the admission department on the procedure.

Writing an email to them will clear your doubt.

You maybe able to do credit transfer.

Another note is tuition grant.

Some module like Discrete Maths can transfer from NTU SCSE to SIT. NYP Computing Math 1 + 2 too can used.

You are welcome to SIT Open House this coming weekend. Talk to the student there to know SIT unique applied learning experience.

Last edited:

YanYing01

Reaction score
If you are still in NTU when applying to SIT, it will be considered as transfer application. But if u withdrawn from NTU then apply, will be a fresh application. If is fresh application, you can choose up to 6 choices but usually they will consider first 2.

hi, i am currently y1 S1 in ntu but I intend to withdraw now and apply to SIT (ICT). Will my application be considered as a fresh application or transfer application? If its the latter, am I given a few choices of course or only one? Hope someone with same experience can share with me your experience. thanks!

Starbarks!

Reaction score
If you are still in NTU when applying to SIT, it will be considered as transfer application. But if u withdrawn from NTU then apply, will be a fresh application. If is fresh application, you can choose up to 6 choices but usually they will consider first 2.

Hi YanYing01 any idea normally what are the cut-offs ie rank points for A lvl students to be qualified for interview? Min 60rp or 65rp or 70rp or abv? I'm checking for my younger bro.. Tks! 👌

Last edited:

x3Fastdealer

Reaction score
Anyone got into Food Technology? Can tell your gpa and/or A-levels results please?:)

I'm also interested in the Food Technology course. Anyone that got in mind sharing your GPA or A level results? Also the questions that they might ask during an interview. Thanks in advance!! :)

guyz92

Reaction score
Thanks for yr advice.

Btw are you formally a polytechnic student doing any ICT related diploma?

Just a side note that in SIT-ICT history, I heard that none is from A level. As the curriculum is too intensive for anyone without prior knowledge in programming.
Imagine learning 5 programming language in 3 months. 10 language for first year student.

YanYing01

Reaction score
Sorry I’m not sure about it as ICT usually are from poly students.

Hi YanYing01 any idea normally what are the cut-offs ie rank points for A lvl students to be qualified for interview? Min 60rp or 65rp or 70rp or abv? I'm checking for my younger bro.. Tks! 👌

happy67

Reaction score
Btw are you formally a polytechnic student doing any ICT related diploma?

Just a side note that in SIT-ICT history, I heard that none is from A level. As the curriculum is too intensive for anyone without prior knowledge in programming.
Imagine learning 5 programming language in 3 months. 10 language for first year student.

I am formally a polytechnic student but not in ICT related course. Tbh, I am actually quite worried that I may not be able to cope since I have no IT background. Do u have any advice or suggestions as to how I can better prepare myself for the course? Any good websites to suggest for self-learning the programming?

guyz92

Reaction score
I am formally a polytechnic student but not in ICT related course. Tbh, I am actually quite worried that I may not be able to cope since I have no IT background. Do u have any advice or suggestions as to how I can better prepare myself for the course? Any good websites to suggest for self-learning the programming?

To be honest, you need to have the ability of super fast learner and able to self-study most of the content.

As spoken before by our program director Prof Steven Wong, this course is design to be very intensive, doing 10 Programming Language in about 6 months (1 Year if include breaks).

Some module details like:

ICT1002 Programming Fundamentals:
We are mainly touching on Python Programming for 1.5 Months. It covers the fundamental of coding a real world "console" application that is able to improve business operation.
For the Next 1.5 month(or in fact 4 weeks), touching on "C Programming" Language. You are required to self learn most of the content as it will go deep into linked-list and it's fundamental algorithm.

ICT1003 Computer Organisation and Architecture:
This module covers mainly on how a micro-controller works, it is taught by our Program Director Prof Steven Wong. You will get to know this term "Fetch-Decode-Execute" and also doing Assembly Programming on the issued Micro-Controller (As of now, TI MSP430).

ICT1004 Web Systems Technology:
This Module Covers mainly on how your Website let's say forums.hardwarezone.com.sg works in theory, how to code HTML5,CSS3,JavaScript,PHP7,MySQL. Project and Exam base assessment.

ICT1005 Mathematics and Statistics:
This Module is cover in 2 parts, first is the Discrete Math for example:
"The Cat is a rabbit, Rabbit is a plant".
Therefore Cat is a plant.
(Hypothetical Syllogism p → q, q → r conclusion: p → r )
Mainly is logic, you won't see numbers in this type of Math.

Next Is Statistics where you will do the fundamental of it and it covers hypothesis testing etc.

bluepixels

Reaction score
CAN GPA 2.989 ENTER SIT? PLEASE HELP ME OUT

You can always try and give it a go. It also depends on the degree and how well you do during the interview, I guess. My friend managed to enter SIT (school of ict/eng) with 2.97 gpa. All the best

leatherdaddy1

Reaction score
To TUM students.

I heard that during the last semester you have to spend time in Germany doing the bachelor's thesis. In general, how many months does a student stay in Germany during the final sem? Is it all 6 months?

linglinglinda

Reaction score
Hi guys, anyone is in Criminology and Security study? I know they are closing the intake from next year onwards. Given now that from 600 applications fighting for 80 intake and they might reduce! Advice on how to get through the first round and they also up their admission requirements.

linglinglinda

Reaction score
To TUM students.

I heard that during the last semester you have to spend time in Germany doing the bachelor's thesis. In general, how many months does a student stay in Germany during the final sem? Is it all 6 months?

Yes . However, some Students choose to stay in Germany for 2 months to do their experiment.After which they flew back and complete. All depends on individuals. If you wanna to know more just DM me for details.

SirLouise

Reaction score
I’m interested in that course too! Have been trawling around the internet trying to find tips for application because I think I’m at a huge disadvantage and probably won’t be accepted into the course. Played too much during Poly days so very poor GPA and have no relevant experience :’(

How’re your chances looking?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.