Advice on accident process

bryan76

Reaction score
Can I check with u guys, after an accident and after the third party insurer surveyed my car, normally how long it takes for the liability to be confirmed? For my case, it's 100% in my favour and with video evidence. I want to know when I can start my repair since I'm claiming third party insurance... I'm with tan chong so can't start till liability confirmed

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thought usually is repair first then talk later. Claim own insurance first, once concluded the fault is 100% the other party then they will adjustments on the paperwork

Unless you tell the workshop NOT to repair.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
most ppl wouldnt want claim own insurance if theres an option. usually 2-3 weeks after surveyor come and assess damages.

-nyox-

Master Member
Reaction score
Huh then wait for 2-3 weeks with a broken car? I thought is repair first then file the claim, on your end don't need pay anything?

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Huh then wait for 2-3 weeks with a broken car? I thought is repair first then file the claim, on your end don't need pay anything?

if pte workshop they can do immediate, but not for AD. They need wait for 3rd party insurer to commit before they start repair works, unless you are willing to claim your insurer first, but most ppl want play safe and wait.

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need surveyor to take pic first

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 9 using GAGT

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if pte workshop they can do immediate, but not for AD. They need wait for 3rd party insurer to commit before they start repair works, unless you are willing to claim your insurer first, but most ppl want play safe and wait.

yes. if yr very confident, u can claim yr own insurer first and then after all the hooha, at most yr insurance claim from the other side and u have no liability. if u do like tat, u can go AD.

the best is still to do outside. most can even give courtesy car and don't touch yr insurance. actually no need 100%. even 70% chance in yr favor they also will do and claim 3rd party.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AD will ALWAYS claim your insurance first, then reverse claim the process on the 3rd party to reinstate your NCD/insurance.

This is normal.

You will have to pay for your own courtesy car, excess (+GST), medical and submit for claims. Process will take 6mths-1 year.

If you want SPEED and you are 100% not at fault. Just go to ANY workshop outside. 30mins settle paperwork, go out of their office, the courtesy car should be waiting for you already and you probably 1-2 weeks can get your car back.

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes. if yr very confident, u can claim yr own insurer first and then after all the hooha, at most yr insurance claim from the other side and u have no liability. if u do like tat, u can go AD.

the best is still to do outside. most can even give courtesy car and don't touch yr insurance. actually no need 100%. even 70% chance in yr favor they also will do and claim 3rd party.

If new car have no choice but to send AD, otherwise void warranty based on old rules. Most chain collision take very long to settle, if case dont close then it may affect renewal premium as liability has not been discharged. For me if car still can drive i will wait and claim 3rd party insurer to avoid future complications.

AD will ALWAYS claim your insurance first, then reverse claim the process on the 3rd party to reinstate your NCD/insurance.

This is normal.

You will have to pay for your own courtesy car, excess (+GST), medical and submit for claims. Process will take 6mths-1 year.

If you want SPEED and you are 100% not at fault. Just go to ANY workshop outside. 30mins settle paperwork, go out of their office, the courtesy car should be waiting for you already and you probably 1-2 weeks can get your car back.

Not really i send to TEK and i told them to claim 3rd party, i am willing to wait. Their bumper quote 10x higher than outside

Leave No Men Behind

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Correct.
Thought usually is repair first then talk later. Claim own insurance first, once concluded the fault is 100% the other party then they will adjustments on the paperwork

Unless you tell the workshop NOT to repair.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If new car have no choice but to send AD, otherwise void warranty based on old rules. Most chain collision take very long to settle, if case dont close then it may affect renewal premium as liability has not been discharged. For me if car still can drive i will wait and claim 3rd party insurer to avoid future complications.
Not true, I sent outside my 4 month old Mz3, TEK told me warranty will be void if non original Mazda parts were used.

I didn't pay a single cent going this route despite (read the next reply below)

Not really i send to TEK and i told them to claim 3rd party, i am willing to wait. Their bumper quote 10x higher than outside
Being more expensive is fine. I send in for repairs, I know I sure win the case with video, their price is at least 2.5% what the workshop did for me, $2,500 for 1 head light unit :s13:

I also told them claim 3rd party, I am willing to rent my own courtesy, pay for everything then counter claim once insurance settles.

Guess what?

TEK: We have no slots now, you come back in Jan for surveyor to check, then after CNY we should be able to slot you in for repairs.

My dec was in early-mid Dec. They expected me to wait 3 months for the repairs...

<insert come I clap for you gif>

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

for my AD, they have a 3rd party authorised shop to do it. all parts from AD. this is to speed up repairs and warranty intact. TS do check with AD if there's any such arrangement

depends on AD. most will not do 3rd party claims. but i guess if yr willing to wait for assessment, maybe some will budge.

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not true, I sent outside my 4 month old Mz3, TEK told me warranty will be void if non original Mazda parts were used.

I didn't pay a single cent going this route despite (read the next reply below)

Being more expensive is fine. I send in for repairs, I know I sure win the case with video, their price is at least 2.5% what the workshop did for me, $2,500 for 1 head light unit :s13:

I also told them claim 3rd party, I am willing to rent my own courtesy, pay for everything then counter claim once insurance settles.

Guess what?

TEK: We have no slots now, you come back in Jan for surveyor to check, then after CNY we should be able to slot you in for repairs.

My dec was in early-mid Dec. They expected me to wait 3 months for the repairs...

<insert come I clap for you gif>

thats why if still can drive i will wait, coz my premium renewal is up soon and insurer may raise premium if there are outstanding claims on your policy, even though you have zero liability...Unless you can discharge your case by the next renewal date. Mine 1y liao still not settled...

If bumper crack wait 2-3mth no problem, if major of course cant wait.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for my AD, they have a 3rd party authorised shop to do it. all parts from AD. this is to speed up repairs and warranty intact. TS do check with AD if there's any such arrangement

depends on AD. most will not do 3rd party claims. but i guess if yr willing to wait for assessment, maybe some will budge.
All AD works with 3rd party, they do not handle any insurance claims. They only do the repairs as long as they are PAID upfront.

Borneo, TEK, Kah, all do the same. Only outside workshop one stop does all.

thats why if still can drive i will wait, coz my premium renewal is up soon and insurer may raise premium if there are outstanding claims on your policy, even though you have zero liability...Unless you can discharge your case by the next renewal date. Mine 1y liao still not settled...

If bumper crack wait 2-3mth no problem, if major of course cant wait.
Mine has no issues, drove to my other workshop, 30mins later, I collected my courtesy car and out I went. 1 week later, collected my car. It was ready on Sat, but I was busy so I only collected on Monday.

Every time I go outside workshop it's immediately handled, 2 weeks max (it was a bad accident, not my fault) I got back my car already. No levy on the insurance etc.

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1st Jan 2018 no go AD warranty still have right? New rules...
Was discussed here:
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/cars-cars-204/keep-your-warranty-without-having-visit-your-ad-solely-repairs-service-5739441.html#post111907318

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/car-owners-advised-to-keep-servicing-records

Originally Posted by :
CCS approached and obtained the cooperation of the following car dealers that are authorised distributors for the respective car brands shown in parentheses: Alpine Motors Pte. Ltd. (Chevrolet), Borneo Motors (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. (Toyota and Lexus), Cycle & Carriage Industries Pte. Ltd. (Citroen, KIA, Mercedes Benz and Mitsubishi), Eurokars Group of Companies (Porsche, Mazda and MINI), Kah Motor Co. Sdn. Bhd. (Honda), Komoco Motors Pte. Ltd. (Hyundai), Motor Image Enterprises Pte. Ltd. (Subaru), Performance Motors Ltd. (BMW), and Tan Chong Motor Sales Pte. Ltd. (Nissan). CCS also obtained the cooperation with respect to the warranty restrictions for Suzuki cars through Borneo Motors (Singapore) Pte. Ltd., which is under the Inchcape Group of UK. CCS understands from information provided by Volkswagen Group Singapore Pte. Ltd. (Volkswagen) and Premium Automobiles Pte. Ltd. (Audi) that there are no such restrictions in the warranties. The car brands that these car dealers distribute made up more than 90% of cars in Singapore in 2016.

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Every time I go outside workshop it's immediately handled, 2 weeks max (it was a bad accident, not my fault) I got back my car already. No levy on the insurance etc.

coz you went 3rd party workshop, they can wait and claim 3rd party insurer and it wont impact premium

If you go AD they will only start repair on admission of liability from 3rd party insurer..if you want to do imm. must claim own policy. Then in latter's case premium will be affected if there are outstanding claims on renewal.

it happend to my 2mth old mz6 so i decided to claim 3rd party, just have to tahan a dented bumper for1-2 mths.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
coz you went 3rd party workshop, they can wait and claim 3rd party insurer and it wont impact premium

If you go AD they will only start repair on admission of liability from 3rd party insurer..if you want to do imm. must claim own policy. Then in latter's case premium will be affected if there are outstanding claims on renewal.

it happend to my 2mth old mz6 so i decided to claim 3rd party, just have to tahan a dented bumper for1-2 mths.
I wanted to claim my own then reverse it... TEK tell me "no slots" :s13: :s13:

They told me if I didn't want to, I'll need to live with cracked headlight, dented fender/bumper, bonnet for 6 months - 1 year :s13:

What options do I have except to go out and get it done in 2 weeks? :s13:

Bumper dented maybe I still can close one eye... dented bonnet that has an 'opening' from the fender, dented top bumper, fender, HL cracked... and it was dec... I gotta live with it through CNY...

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wanted to claim my own then reverse it... TEK tell me "no slots" :s13: :s13:

They told me if I didn't want to, I'll need to live with cracked headlight, dented fender/bumper, bonnet for 6 months - 1 year :s13:

What options do I have except to go out and get it done in 2 weeks? :s13:

Bumper dented maybe I still can close one eye... dented bonnet that has an 'opening' from the fender, dented top bumper, fender, HL cracked... and it was dec... I gotta live with it through CNY...

yea if i am u i would do the same, but tek 6m period is too exaggerating, maybe your damage too serious

I waited for 1 month for a bumper replacement, entire repair took 4 days. Total costs was low 5 digits including legal and loss of use. Tek really max gaogao

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

it won't be affected if the insurance company can get back from 3rd party. if it's too near renewal, at most when case settle, insurance company will refund the difference.

my only reason for not going AD is no courtesy car, and they take damn long.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.