Which type of small condo is the best for rental yield?

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, my friend is looking to purchase a small freehold condo for investment. May I know if anyone here familiar with small condo rental? Which type is the best for rental yield and easiest to rent out?

Studio, 1 room or 1+1?

Price range around 500-650 K?
Any recommendation?

Thanks!

nixiak

Reaction score
Hi all, my friend is looking to purchase a small freehold condo for investment. May I know if anyone here familiar with small condo rental? Which type is the best for rental yield and easiest to rent out?

Studio, 1 room or 1+1?

Any recommendation?

Thanks!

Best is buy leasehold. Rental yield is better. Number of rooms depend where you buy. In Seng kang/Punggol area, you might want to invest in 2 or 3 bedroom cause of young families settling down. City fringe area, you want to look at studio,1 bedroom or 2 bedroom for single working professionals who want to stay near work place.

The_Davis

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Studio, 1 room or 1+1?

Any recommendation?

Thanks!
friend = TS?
btw 500k near impossible

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Plan to hold long actually, so perhaps will just focus on freehold.
City fringe sounds good.

Best is buy leasehold. Rental yield is better. Number of rooms depend where you buy. In Seng kang/Punggol area, you might want to invest in 2 or 3 bedroom cause of young families settling down. City fringe area, you want to look at studio,1 bedroom or 2 bedroom for single working professionals who want to stay near work place.

xersion

Master Member
Reaction score
Does he need to pay absd? If not get a 2br in mature area or 1br in city area...
700k range is more decent..

Sent from OPPO X9079 using GAGT

NewInvestor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Meant to be serious advice. I would go for 1+1 or 2 bedrooms at city fringe. I personally think a new-ish leasehold is good enough but that is up to you. It is going to be $1,500 psf and above.

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Leasehold city fringe. Or if you can afford, downtown area. Eg marina one residences.

Best is 1BR studio. Town area might be $2200 and above psf.

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently only looking for freehold coz plan to hold till very old for passive income purpose.

What is your opinion about geylang, last I heard some banks have restricted loan criteria for geylang properties, not sure how true is that?
Some geylang properties come with high yield which I deemed to be quite safe.

Meant to be serious advice. I would go for 1+1 or 2 bedrooms at city fringe. I personally think a new-ish leasehold is good enough but that is up to you. It is going to be $1,500 psf and above.

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes need to. She is a PR.

I think 1 bedder or 1 + 1 is the best, any project you have in mind?

Does he need to pay absd? If not get a 2br in mature area or 1br in city area...
700k range is more decent..

Sent from OPPO X9079 using GAGT

gniljia

Reaction score
Place of property will play a part in the loan too?

Sorry TS to interrupt, I am too looking for one to hold.
Any reco?

BBCWatcher

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This article (July, 2017) discusses mortgage financing issues in the heart of Geylang. In summary, there has been slow but steady improvement in mortgage lending options.

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even number geylang Lorong hard to get loan.
Especially those with number less than 20

Place of property will play a part in the loan too?

Sorry TS to interrupt, I am too looking for one to hold.
Any reco?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.