Huawei Mate 9

Hello_M0t0

Reaction score
Hi guys, facing issue of whatsapp & wechat not pushing notifications. Messages only appear when I open/enter app even tho I did not log out any of them. Is it due to firmware update?

wherehouse

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, facing issue of whatsapp & wechat not pushing notifications. Messages only appear when I open/enter app even tho I did not log out any of them. Is it due to firmware update?
Come to think of it, my gmail also have this, but WA is ok.

OutBreak

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Should be same problem as mate 10. Go to launch settings and change to manage manually.

friedapple

Reaction score
Update to Oreo last night too, after disable SIM 1 (SingTel) immediate go update from Digi SIM card (Roam with Starhub).

So far here are my experience till now.

1. Samsung Health app pause step counting when the phone screen is off thought it still run backgroup, could be due to the Oreo power management.

2. Via and XBrowser unable load any webpage, uninstall and use Samsung browser since it can use Adblock extension

3. Android Pay is working, use it at Giant this evening

4. 3 Banking app DBS, UOB and Citi Bank is working

5. No problem with Mobile app to unlock bike.

6. Simple Pro for Fackbook cannot open.

7. Messenger that working for me - Whatapps, Wechat, Telegram

8. On Wechat problem with not able load subscription accounts content, likely same issue with loading page as Via and XBrowser, not big issue just another step using open with browser.

Too early to tell improvement of battery life.

has anyone tried to see if via works with the new update? I am quite reliant on via, its the most lite browser for me so far. if the new update is not stable i rather wait it out too. thanks! :)

banana10

Reaction score
looks like there's .362 build for the C636 Oreo in FF. Till now haven't got any update notification..

townman

Reaction score
has anyone tried to see if via works with the new update? I am quite reliant on via, its the most lite browser for me so far. if the new update is not stable i rather wait it out too. thanks! :)

Some update after my upgrade to Orea.

At first I try to clear system catch, unfortunately I not sure is it because of the upgrade, I unable to find the recovery by press volume up + power key, there is only 3 option available, download and recover, restart and shutdown.

So I do phone reset and install back all the apps.

I can confirm those apps not working before are now working fine, Via browser, Simpler Pro for Facebook.

However Samsung Health is not working well, seem problem with new Orea battery management, haven't found how to solve the step tracking not counting even I change the setting manual manage.

Overall everything is working well, better battery life for my usage.

Very important before you decide to reset the phone as I did, make sure you backup your data, picture, video, etc.

If you have and use Google Authenticator, PLEASE PLEASE go to all the site that you link with Google 2FA, disable 2FA first before reset the phone, else you will end up like me lost most the key to the website for 2FA.

Because Google did not backup the key for you.

If you still want to use 2FA, I suggest switch to Authy because it got backup facility, though it still took 24 hours to restore, better than Google one, I have to contact support for those website that I lost the key to get back access to my login again.

RSKeisuke

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has problem with signing in wechat with mate 9 on oreo? My mate 9 doesn't go past after the login.

xtemujin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After updating the HiApp to version 8 on my Mate 9, the Connect to computer option is missing.

mbgeow

Reaction score
I still version B138 version...Emui 5.0 version, Android 7.0,.. should I update?

townman

Reaction score
Well is up to you, for me I choose to upgrade to latest version is because I want the latest security update though not as update as Google Pixel or Nexus, is still better that expose to potential threat

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.