Official May 2017 SBF

binchotan

Reaction score
I tot of doing. $700 leh

depends on what package you choose bah.... my friend super pantang one so she got herself one even for open door only after getting keys to new house.

what i mean is do we need to do any when we only open door to the house upon collecting keys? isz necessary?

xladyksf

Reaction score
Mine selection early Sept then collect mid Jan. Urs shld be soon le.

hopefully! *fingers crossed :s8:

Have u contacted your officer? Early Oct shd Be collection this month. You can go to HDB office to check as well.

I did! on 21dec, no reply. so i emailed again ytd and she replied within an hr, must have missed my previous email somehow :s13: she said she will process it for me. so again, *fingers crossed ! :s8:

I though bto and sobf are ard same price?

Sent from HUAWEI TRT-L21A using GAGT

dont know, dont assume.
prices of SBF flats increased slightly than when released as BTO, it also further varies depending on a number of things like... floor and/or sanitary fittings, etc.

in summary (just fyi),
BTO flats are cheaper, have a wider selection, longer wait.
SBF flats are slightly more expensive, very limited selections (in some areas), much shorter wait.

depends on what package you choose bah.... my friend super pantang one so she got herself one even for open door only after getting keys to new house.

what i mean is do we need to do any when we only open door to the house upon collecting keys? isz necessary?

this one is entirely up to you.
in case you wish to do so, here is a link to it (if in case you dont know of one, it is more or less the same few steps)
http://www.eatandtravelwithus.com/2017/07/hdb-bto-door-opening-ritual-procedure/

alot of ppl say it is incredibly impt to do it. i had a friend who claimed she and her husband got into massive arguments not long after moving in. she didnt do any procedure of any kind, not a single one. and her husband even got possessed, was found combing his "long hair" infront of the mirror in the middle of the night. mind you, he does not have long hair :eek::eek::eek:

the price you were quoted is quite high, then again.. i dont know of the market price. if i were you, i will just choose an auspicious date via those chinese calendar online (can just google one, if they all say different dates.. just picked the date that appeared the most times). open the doors on that date. do this pineapple ceremony, then settled! :s8:

Yuppie98

Reaction score
Then you’ll get your keys very soon. She just need to process.

hopefully! *fingers crossed :s8:

I did! on 21dec, no reply. so i emailed again ytd and she replied within an hr, must have missed my previous email somehow :s13: she said she will process it for me. so again, *fingers crossed ! :s8:

dont know, dont assume.
prices of SBF flats increased slightly than when released as BTO, it also further varies depending on a number of things like... floor and/or sanitary fittings, etc.

in summary (just fyi),
BTO flats are cheaper, have a wider selection, longer wait.
SBF flats are slightly more expensive, very limited selections (in some areas), much shorter wait.

this one is entirely up to you.
in case you wish to do so, here is a link to it (if in case you dont know of one, it is more or less the same few steps)
http://www.eatandtravelwithus.com/2017/07/hdb-bto-door-opening-ritual-procedure/

alot of ppl say it is incredibly impt to do it. i had a friend who claimed she and her husband got into massive arguments not long after moving in. she didnt do any procedure of any kind, not a single one. and her husband even got possessed, was found combing his "long hair" infront of the mirror in the middle of the night. mind you, he does not have long hair :eek::eek::eek:

the price you were quoted is quite high, then again.. i dont know of the market price. if i were you, i will just choose an auspicious date via those chinese calendar online (can just google one, if they all say different dates.. just picked the date that appeared the most times). open the doors on that date. do this pineapple ceremony, then settled! :s8:

STOPBANNINGME

Reaction score
super annoyed.
until now still havent collect keys and selection was in early oct.
super jealous of everyone who has gotten them already :(

Hello neighbour! Hee. Long time never chat with you liao!

My option to purchase is expiring on 22 Jan’18 and received a text from HDB saying that my keys collection date will be on 22 Jan’18 lol.. when is your expiry date for your option to purchase? Dont worry!!! Im sure you will receive the date real soon!!

Last edited:

STOPBANNINGME

Reaction score
Does anybody knows:
If opening ceremony day (door opening day), outsiders are not allowed to go in, how about my dog & maid?

Hello! What my friend did for her boyfriend on opening ceremony is that all of her family members enters the house first. He will enter last. Hee.

By the way, may i know what will you be doing for your opening ceremony? Cause my hubby’s family told us that there is no need to do anything for opening of door and renovation.. only need to do the necessary stuffs when about to move in. But im not very comfortable with their method leh.. :(

Yuppie98

Reaction score
Think best to just open the doors, all these fruits cost a lot of monies in the end I learned that this is actually offering! And I’m a Christian 😑

Hello! What my friend did for her boyfriend on opening ceremony is that all of her family members enters the house first. He will enter last. Hee.

By the way, may i know what will you be doing for your opening ceremony? Cause my hubby’s family told us that there is no need to do anything for opening of door and renovation.. only need to do the necessary stuffs when about to move in. But im not very comfortable with their method leh.. :(

Yuppie98

Reaction score
Found a lot of defects with the flat. I haven’t done a thorough Defects check but woah I was shocked at the condition these ppl handover the flat.

The walls between the bedrooms has a huge hole I can slide my hand under the wall over to the other bedroom.

The common bath barely flush.

The maindoor was so shaky I can’t believe it’s a fire-rated Door.

Gonna bring my checklist Tmr. I think this is gonna take 2 weeks to complete e defect checks.

But overall omg I love the place, there’s a beautiful sea view from left to right, the island view was beautiful too, all that twilight pine trees, river view was so serene.

I only wish that it came with flooring, the headache of deciding what to do with the floors is giving me sleepless nights.

ssnySpx.jpg

t96eXh2.jpg

j7XoCcL.jpg

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.