Proposal Ring - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

KinoChoco

Master Member
Reaction score
yeah, real life no differences mostly.

will try to see super ideal on my next visit there.

All super ideals will look the same in real life, maybe there's a little diff if u put a D and G side by side unmounted for deep comparison, however this is not gonna be realistic situation hence there's no point paying a premium for that. F is a sweet spot for me tho.

nbsswap

Reaction score

In conclusion, to simplify things for the first timers here:

Just get a super ideal and max out the carat. Sacrifice the color to G and VS2 and you are good to go.

Images wise actually dont even need to see coz all scope looks almost exactly the same

Sessygurl143

Reaction score
Sharing my heart shape diamond ring from JP :) Its a an anniversary ring :D
First ring I got for my proposal is the octagon and this 2nd one is a heart shape. Since I already got the octagon that will be my main ring, I thought of doing my 2nd one as a fun ring in rose gold.

For the brilliant and shine, the octagon is way more firey and intense. The heart shape doesnt come close to its brilliance. But it still makes a cute and nice fashion ring on the side. I told my hubby no need to buy any more diamonds for me already..... at least for now... hehehe

UY7L0qr.jpg

Mystyque

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Sadly, real life differences is not about whether you can see any difference in the diamond...

"Eeeeer, why your husband so stingy one didn't even get you a D VVS1?"

"Wah, your fiance so noob waste money on a G diamond! See my one triple excellent D VVS1 some more bigger carat leh!"

"Why you buy ring for my daughter also so cheap skate? You don't know need to see the cert got D, got VVS1 one meh?"

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sadly, real life differences is not about whether you can see any difference in the diamond...

"Wah, your fiance so noob waste money on a G diamond! See my one triple excellent D VVS1 some more bigger carat leh!"

"Why you buy ring for my daughter also so cheap skate? You don't know need to see the cert got D, got VVS1 one meh?"

Lol. Agreed that this could happen but probably not to me ba.

Don't really care about others also.

ducknight

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just received my scopes images today.
Can anyone help me check if my diamond is good?
GIA2268820625

Will crystal/ needle affects the diamond eventually?

Thank you.
MT0Ia42

rHQWLPu

M22aqJi

Jxt1vxz

Last edited:

romford

Banned
Reaction score

Knn, u show them the cert for ****.
Just tell them it's D IF

Sent from your pigu using GAGT

Mystyque

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lol i scolded my hubby for buying me a diamond ring. just buy a gemstone can liao. who cares what the rest says.

I know she don't really care about diamond rings and not particularly bothered by what others think. But when I think about it, I just don't want her to have to put up with fugtard colleagues/relatives buzzing.

Especially from past experiences, I realize that no matter how a woman might feel about something, repeated reminders from colleagues/relatives will have an effect one. Not going to make the same type of mistake or let there be a chance of getting nagged at for life when I can just nip off the possibility by getting the "best" paper spec. :D

Luckily she is petite, otherwise having to get a one big enough to look decently large on her finger would be painful :s13:

jadeites

Reaction score

Hmm I disagree, nobody has ever asked me about the stats of my ring or made any unpleasant comments. Mine is G VS2. Any ladies experienced such comments as imitated by OP?

I think the lack of presence of a diamond MAY garner a rare comment from an especially kaypoh and rude aunty or colleague or MIL, but specific questions about stats are much rarer. Maybe an offhand query from a close friend who knows something about diamonds, but it should be quite rare that any mocking of “G color=stingy husband” occurs. I’ve never heard of such a thing. The presence of a diamond or something that looks like it is usually enough to deter any unwanted comments.

jadeites

Reaction score
Sharing my heart shape diamond ring from JP :) Its a an anniversary ring :D
First ring I got for my proposal is the octagon and this 2nd one is a heart shape. Since I already got the octagon that will be my main ring, I thought of doing my 2nd one as a fun ring in rose gold.

For the brilliant and shine, the octagon is way more firey and intense. The heart shape doesnt come close to its brilliance. But it still makes a cute and nice fashion ring on the side. I told my hubby no need to buy any more diamonds for me already..... at least for now... hehehe

UY7L0qr.jpg

Very pretty! I love the bezel design and thin band. Looks awesome!

Thatshoplor

Reaction score
If a Super ideal cut 0.9carat f colour vs1 round diamond worth to get for 11k without the setting for. Jannpaul?

KinoChoco

Master Member
Reaction score
If a Super ideal cut 0.9carat f colour vs1 round diamond worth to get for 11k without the setting for. Jannpaul?

‘Worth’ or not greatly depends on individual, however you can be rest assured that you’re getting the best quality at a very good value in Jann Paul, the rest is up to your own comfort specs and price point to pay

jiahui91

Reaction score
i have the report number, but i cant upload here
GIA report number:5266781596
0.24 carat

Good enough ?

jadeites

Reaction score
i have the report number, but i cant upload here
GIA report number:5266781596
0.24 carat

Good enough ?

Here’s the link to the GIA report: https://www.gia.edu/report-check?reportno=5266781596

The HCA score is 2.5. For HCA ideal cut diamonds it should be less than 2. Personally I am not so picky with HCA score and for me if the price is right I will accept 2.8 and below as long as I am happy with how the diamond performs in natural light. Basically don’t overpay for this diamond.

CutiePie84

Reaction score
Went down to JP to see my ring's wax. Its made to the same scale as the actual ring. Can't really see much of the detailing but its good to gauge the overall thickness for the final ring. They told me that the actual ring will still be finer as the ring will go through a polishing stage that will smoothen the edges. They allowed me to keep it for memento :D I can tell they're putting alot of effort to help me build up my ring making collage.

HXyDnAh.jpg

BUTIOBz.jpg

qVpvlJr.jpg

C8R0uwp.jpg

I got itchy and saw my diamond again. Finally got the chance to see it under the sun! My last few visits was either raining or cloudy. I took some videos of it.

The flashes are very sharp and blinding. My camera phone only captures the bigger flashes. In real life, there is more of those smaller and glittery short burst sparkles but the camera doesn't seem to capture those. Anyway, bottomline is the diamond is damn sparkly. lol

This is another video. Its taken in sun light and at the 0:18 mark, there was a passing cloud. So thats how it will be when its cloudy. You can see the transition when the diamond is very firey and scintillating under sun light and then change to brilliant and brighter under cloudy light. It's easy to see the black arrows patterning under the cloudy light when there is no direct or strong light. Which is similar to normal indoor type of lighting. The octagon diamond looks nice in all types of lighting, just see which type of effect you prefer more.

Now for the patient wait for them to craft my ring.......

Zeroninefourtwosix

Reaction score
Hi! I’m very new to this diamond business, and still unsure of how to read the scopes properly.
Appreciate if anyone can comment on the diamond that I have booked with JP.

0.463 VS1 F at SGD 3,650.

ibb.co/je3bE6
ibb.co/f4mwE6
ibb.co/dGWk7R
ibb.co/dHH3u6

Sorry, as I do not have sufficient post count, please copy the link to view the images :(
Sorry for the trouble and thank you for your help!

akloaklo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
used to post in this thread last time. Now married already my wife also don't wear diamond ring out because there is alway a risk of getting robbed plus we peasant taking train usually wear like we going market so no point wear too shiny diamond :s13: except on special occasion.

nbsswap

Reaction score
Hi! I’m very new to this diamond business, and still unsure of how to read the scopes properly.
Appreciate if anyone can comment on the diamond that I have booked with JP.

0.463 VS1 F at SGD 3,650.

ibb.co/je3bE6
ibb.co/f4mwE6
ibb.co/dGWk7R
ibb.co/dHH3u6

Sorry, as I do not have sufficient post count, please copy the link to view the images :(
Sorry for the trouble and thank you for your help!

Bro no need to see the scope coz all look the same and even if you can spot the slightest difference, do you think it is visible in real life?

I bought my 0.62 from JP super ideal for 4850 (Just the stone). FYI for your comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.