Help with $1500 gaming rig build

fullguard

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm looking to build a PC to play games such as CS:GO, and occasionally PUBG (heard the game is poorly optimised, so don't need to be on super good settings. just want to play for fun with my friends). Any comments on the following build for these purposes?

CPU+MOBO: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 + Gigabyte GA AB350M-Gaming 3 - $459
GPU: Galax GTX 1060 6GB Twin fan (Black) - $369
PSU: EVGA BV Series 500W Bronze - $89
SSD: Samsung Evo 850 250Gb - $149
HDD: W.D. 3.5" 1TB Blue 64mb - $70
RAM: Kingston 2400MHZ CL15 8GB - $139
Optic Drive: Asus 24x DVD-RW Sata OEM - $25
Casing: Fractal Design Focus Mini Window - $79
Case fan: NIDEC Gentle Typhoon 1850 RPM - $29

Total: $1567

Would like to further reduce cost if possible. Have anyone bought windows 10 key from carousell? Not sure if it will get deactivated after a few months.

Edit: Also, I already have a monitor (Dell SE2417HG), though its only 60 hz refresh rate. Might look to upgrade it next time if I want to play more competitively, but for now should be okay for casual csgo and pubg right?

Last edited:

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good rig.
1. Ditch the DVD drive.
2. Ditch original windows and get code from taobao for less than $3. Or carousell for $12 if you can't Chinese lol
3. Use the excess budget for another GT fan (2 in 2 out) and better ram. Get 2 pcs Klevv Bolt4 3000mhz 8gb or Klevv Cras II 3000mhz 16gb kit

GTX 1060 6GB can run nearly everything at high and above settings on 1080p 60fps.

Sent from Finally Unbanned using GAGT

Last edited:

BirdbrainZ

Master Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack this thread a little, but would a Ryzen 7 1700 be more suitable for gaming and streaming than a Ryzen 5 1600?

iron2000

Reaction score
Wonder will stores start to jack up AMD cpu prices with the recent Spectre and Meltdown.
So quickly hoot first?
(Or its expensive already?)

Psycovirus

Reaction score
Wonder will stores start to jack up AMD cpu prices with the recent Spectre and Meltdown.
So quickly hoot first?
(Or its expensive already?)
twAjtTTl.jpg

Considering AMD has officially dropped prices of some of the Ryzen Processors in the US, I am hoping SLS will follow as well to drop prices...

But knowing SLS shops usually sell older Hardware at launched prices, it's fat hope. Buy online is cheapest option...

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3000 using GAGT

fullguard

Master Member
Reaction score
Good rig.
1. Ditch the DVD drive.
2. Ditch original windows and get code from taobao for less than $3. Or carousell for $12 if you can't Chinese lol
3. Use the excess budget for another GT fan (2 in 2 out) and better ram. Get 2 pcs Klevv Bolt4 3000mhz 8gb or Klevv Cras II 3000mhz 16gb kit

GTX 1060 6GB can run nearly everything at high and above settings on 1080p 60fps.

Thanks for the help! ps dont really understand but what do you mean by 2 in 2 out? will look to get 16gb ram instead

anyway, im disassembling my previous pc to reuse the hdd and ssd. first time opening the cpu (last time i just got pc themes to assemble). does anyone know if the wires connected to the ssd and hdd come with the casing or do they come with the ssd and hdd respectively? and im also looking to get fortran to help build the pc, do you think he will mind if i ask him to reuse the ssd and hdd?

edit: also, my friend recommended me to get amd rx 580 instead of gtx 1060. is that advisable?

Last edited:

-Synchronicity-

Reaction score
If your old PC can wait, just wait. Ryzen 2 releasing in April. At most you can upgrade your gpu first.

If you can get rx580 at around gtx 1060 6gb then sure.

fullguard

Master Member
Reaction score
If your old PC can wait, just wait. Ryzen 2 releasing in April. At most you can upgrade your gpu first.

If you can get rx580 at around gtx 1060 6gb then sure.

actually my old pc has been dead for about 4 months now :s13: when i switch it on, the monitor got no display + don't have the powering on sound. tried connecting keyboard to the cpu but keyboard got no light. i tried reseating the ram yesterday but to no avail. managed to get my hdd, ssd and optical drive out though, so maybe can save some cost there. abit hand itchy to play some fps so i think i will just buy now and maybe upgrade 3 or 4 years later?

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack this thread a little, but would a Ryzen 7 1700 be more suitable for gaming and streaming than a Ryzen 5 1600?
If you have budget, yes.
Thanks for the help! ps dont really understand but what do you mean by 2 in 2 out? will look to get 16gb ram instead

anyway, im disassembling my previous pc to reuse the hdd and ssd. first time opening the cpu (last time i just got pc themes to assemble). does anyone know if the wires connected to the ssd and hdd come with the casing or do they come with the ssd and hdd respectively? and im also looking to get fortran to help build the pc, do you think he will mind if i ask him to reuse the ssd and hdd?

edit: also, my friend recommended me to get amd rx 580 instead of gtx 1060. is that advisable?
2 fans intake air into the chassis, 2 fans exhaust air out of the chassis, creating an airflow path to circulate the air in the pc. Sata cables come with motherboard usually. Power cables from psu.

You can try pm Fortran. Not sure if he still in business though. I helped a few bros here before coz they are unable to find fortran previously.

RX 580 is just slightly better but very much expensive in sg. Gtx 1060 6gb have more value for performance. If you can get at gtx 1060 6gb price (around 360-380) for the 8gb version, which honestly is almost impossible, do get it.

tmfwy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm looking to build a PC to play games such as CS:GO, and occasionally PUBG (heard the game is poorly optimised, so don't need to be on super good settings. just want to play for fun with my friends). Any comments on the following build for these purposes?

CPU+MOBO: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 + Gigabyte GA AB350M-Gaming 3 - $459
GPU: Galax GTX 1060 6GB Twin fan (Black) - $369
PSU: EVGA BV Series 500W Bronze - $89
SSD: Samsung Evo 850 250Gb - $149
HDD: W.D. 3.5" 1TB Blue 64mb - $70
RAM: Kingston 2400MHZ CL15 8GB - $139
Optic Drive: Asus 24x DVD-RW Sata OEM - $25
Casing: Fractal Design Focus Mini Window - $79
Case fan: NIDEC Gentle Typhoon 1850 RPM - $29

Total: $1567

Would like to further reduce cost if possible. Have anyone bought windows 10 key from carousell? Not sure if it will get deactivated after a few months.

Edit: Also, I already have a monitor (Dell SE2417HG), though its only 60 hz refresh rate. Might look to upgrade it next time if I want to play more competitively, but for now should be okay for casual csgo and pubg right?
GTX 1060 6gb Change to Asus GTX 1060 6gb @ $4xx
Else either lower to 1050/1050TI or jump to 1080
You will understand why i say the above when you are buying the system. :p

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.