Polytechnic readmission

BlackB0x

Reaction score
Hi all, decided to create an account to address a current outstanding issue I'm facing as I've browsed this site during the time I was in serving NS.

I've recently finished my 2 years of service; prior to that, I dropped out of poly due to poor GPA caused by a growing disinterest in what I was studying.

O'Level results released today which meant that I could use the MOE website to register for JAE. My O'Lvl results are 20 for L1R5 and basically 15 for everything else (L1R4/ELR2B2 etc). I did not score a single A2, everything is a B3 and Chinese is a C5.

My registration for JAE was successful and the notification was that the system would need 6 or more hours to compile the courses I would be eligible for.

Here is the problem; I just logged in to check on the compilation, and the system tells me I am NOT eligible for Poly courses and am only offered JC/MI/ITE which I find really weird. While I have not contacted MOE customer service due to their working hours, I thought someone here might know what 's going on.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

plsbanthem

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I too dropped out of a polytechnic, served ns, back to poly and finally uni. Gotten the degree.

U are on similar path as me. Good luck.

As for your query, I feel u should be eligible as long as u were not booted out from the school previously .

BlackB0x

Reaction score
I managed to contact MOE and was informed that as I've JAE'ed once before in 2013, I can no longer do so and must register via DAE instead. (I never knew this)

This brings up some questions. I've read that the success rate of DAE is quite low but how bad is it? Can I DAE multiple Polytechnics at the same time or wait to be rejected by one before applying for DAE at another poly?

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
I managed to contact MOE and was informed that as I've JAE'ed once before in 2013, I can no longer do so and must register via DAE instead. (I never knew this)

This brings up some questions. I've read that the success rate of DAE is quite low but how bad is it? Can I DAE multiple Polytechnics at the same time or wait to be rejected by one before applying for DAE at another poly?

Since the DAE rule did not specifically disallow multiple applications, the best you can do is to apply for all polys. Why short change yourself. Go for it man.

Amituofo

Ottoke

Reaction score
Thread moved to Diploma Programs and Courses.

O

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.