Post Os

briannez

Reaction score
Hi all!! I’ve recently received my O Level Results. The following is my results

English: B3 Math: C6 Chinese: A1 Science (Chem/Bio): B3 Combined Humanities: B3 Geography: A2 Higher Chinese: E8

L1R5- 18 L1R4- 15

I’m leaning towards JC education but I’m not sure how I’ll survive the 2 years..... any advice?

cooliomars

Reaction score
how is your learning style like? do you prefer a more hands-on approach or a syllabus that will develop your critical thinking?

most important question you need to ask yourself: what do i want to pursue in uni? if i go poly, will that particular course have mods that (a) i have interest in;(b) can help me enter the uni course i want. In poly, you must be consistent with maintaining your gpa throughout the 3 years if you want a high score

am not able to provide advice on the jc side, but bear this in mind: both jc and poly can be stressful, it's up to individual motivation. just my 2 cents

p/s poly kid here who look backs and think jc would have been a better choice for my learning style...

hello7777777

Reaction score
Hi,
If you do know which poly course you want to take, then go poly. That is, your interests in the course are very clear. It is hard for poly students to switch courses midway in poly.
If you do not have any idea which course you wish to do in uni, then go JC. JC is more "theoretical" and the competition may arguably be keener, whereas poly is more hands on, has more project, group work and is industry-oriented.
Your L1R5 score is not too ideal for JC. If you go JC, you need to work very hard....
I know of some students who had L1B4 of 15 and they went poly.

All the best.

Last edited:

danieltunaman

Reaction score
I’ve been goin to various jc open houses and many say temasek jc has really bad rep. Could someone please enlighten me on this? I got L1R5 of 7(raw score) and people seem to say go to vj amd keep insiting that tjc sucks. Thanks!

Last edited:

FrostWurm

Master Member
Reaction score
I’ve been goin to various jc open houses and many say temasek jc has really bad rep. Could someone please enlighten me on this? I got L1R5 of 7(raw score) and people seem to say go to vj amd keep insiting that tjc sucks. Thanks!

some will even choose acjc/sajc/ajc over tjc, but not necessarily because tjc is performing poorly.

it used to be a very good school (top 5), but seems to have fallen a bit in recent times. also, branding is relatively weaker.

vjc -> work hard, play hard, students are smart
acjc/sajc -> fun, party schools with well-known affiliations

tjc -> reasonably good academics. frequently compared with vjc due to physical proximity. ugly school uniform, no "wow" factor.

hello7777777

Reaction score
If you want a less stressful environment, then tjc may suit you. TJC has dropped in "ranking" over the years.

Whirling_Dervish

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you want a less stressful environment, then tjc may suit you. TJC has dropped in "ranking" over the years.

I doubt TS can matriculate into TJC with an L1R5 of 18.

Hi all!! I’ve recently received my O Level Results. The following is my results

English: B3 Math: C6 Chinese: A1 Science (Chem/Bio): B3 Combined Humanities: B3 Geography: A2 Higher Chinese: E8

L1R5- 18 L1R4- 15

I’m leaning towards JC education but I’m not sure how I’ll survive the 2 years..... any advice?

It will be very hard, but you need to be consistent, hardworking, and independent. The As is much, much harder than the Os...

hello7777777

Reaction score

It is this person who intends to go to TJC, not the TS.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.