Liverpool Forum (Anfield) - Part 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardtounderstand

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
7272725.jpg

Ryan Kent joins Bristol City. Hope he can play against Man City in the League Cup Semi Final second leg.

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Sadly, so far no other clubs ever enquire about him since he joined LFC.

He never handed any transfer request and Klopp is still happy with him.
He dun get involved in any drinking, fight or cheating in his life.
The only problem is once he is injured, he takes half a season to patch up.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Liverpool agree Durmisi deal - Premier League club Liverpool are said to have agreed a deal in principle with Real Betis over a summer transfer of in-form full-back Riza Durmisi. Liverpool were linked with Denmark international last summer and local r... ow.ly/FxMz50g6mXt

5ex5en5e5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Liverpool agree Durmisi deal - Premier League club Liverpool are said to have agreed a deal in principle with Real Betis over a summer transfer of in-form full-back Riza Durmisi. Liverpool were linked with Denmark international last summer and local r... ow.ly/FxMz50g6mXt

Ermmm... last time Jan Poulsen also Danish right!?!

gtreds

Master Member
Reaction score
Durmisi is a left back.why do we need to stock left backs?

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3000 using GAGT

GoldenSky

Master Member
Reaction score
Liverpool have no plans to buy a new goalkeeper during the January transfer window. (James Pearce)

The Echo understands that Jurgen Klopp isn't currently looking to invest some of the proceeds from Philippe Coutinho's £142million move to Barcelona on recruiting another keeper. (James Pearce)

Klopp is happy to push on with Simon Mignolet and Loris Karius competing for a starting spot between now and May. The manager will then reassess the situation in the summer. (James Pearce)

GoldenSky

Master Member
Reaction score
Klopp press conference

Klopp on Coutinho sale: "There was no other option. If someone is angry or disappointed it could be the manager but I'm not. I know we tried absolutely everything to convince Phil to stay here."

Klopp: "This was his dream. He would only leave Liverpool for one club. The club was fighting until the last second to keep Phil. It was 100% clear there was no chance I could use him in second half of the season."

Klopp on a Coutinho replacement: "If we do something, we don't need to 'replace' him. We need to step up. I don’t want to sound disrespectful because he was five years here but we only have to carry on."

Klopp: "Replacement? First of all we have to replace him internally. We go with open eyes in this window but we won't do crazy things."

Klopp on Keita: “He is a player of Leipzig and I know he will be a player here in the summer."

Klopp on Salah's availability: “He’s doing fantastically well. If nothing happens in this moment Mo is back."

Klopp on City: “We played there a few months ago and it was one of the stranger games of my life. The red card (for Mané) changed the game and maybe for Man City the season.”

Klopp on City: “In a football way we need to clarify something. We need to make life difficult and try to win. It's Anfield. I'm really looking forward to the game to be honest."

GoldenSky

Master Member
Reaction score
Klopp on Van Dijk: “The Everton game showed it is a do-able job for him to adapt. Come on, it was quite impressive."

Klopp: "This is a completely different game v City. The team's tactics should be as tuned as possible. I haven't decided if he is ready for this or not."

Klopp: “If the centre-halves have nothing to do it means our pressing is good - I’ll take that. It’s not guaranteed Virgil will start every game."

Klopp: "The main strength of City is their tactical discipline. We lost a player in the game there and conceded five. It was a different situation. We have since found our way."

Klopp: “It’s interesting to play against City. They play really good and if you don’t respect that, you have a problem. But if you are not brave in your game, you will also have a problem."

Klopp on whether Sturridge could be sold: "I have nothing to say about that. We will see."

GoldenSky

Master Member
Reaction score
Carragher: "Regardless of how much Coutinho agitated, Liverpool could have stood firm. While some players such as Alexis Sanchez and Virgil Van Dijk lost form after being denied their summer move, Coutinho was the opposite."

Carragher: "Where the Coutinho departure differs is Liverpool have a more balanced squad now than in 2009, 2011 and 2014. They do not need to panic buy. If a long-term target can be signed they should act, but otherwise it is right to wait."

Carragher: "It is up to Klopp to succeed where both Benitez and Rodgers failed in 2009 and 2014 – ensuring a mega receipt of cash does not reverse a position of growing strength into one of debilitating weakness."

GoldenSky

Master Member
Reaction score
Jurgen Klopp has vowed that all the proceeds from the sale of Philippe Coutinho will be reinvested into the Liverpool squad. (JamesPearceEcho)

Klopp: “Always since I’m in here we can have all the monies from transfers and more if needed. Since I’ve been in nobody told me ‘no way’. We talk about the age, the price, everything. It’s all good.”

Klopp: “You know I’m not a manager who goes to the owners and counts the money and says ‘look, this is what we’ve got, this is what we’ve spent, now we need that.”

Klopp: “The owners are completely on my side. It is not that they say ‘You’ve got this but on the other hand we’ve done this and this and so you cannot spend’. Everything is fine. We have no money issues at this club.”

GoldenSky

Master Member
Reaction score
Jurgen Klopp says he decided to sanction the sale of Philippe Coutinho because keeping him could have had a detrimental impact on Liverpool’s season. (@JamesPearceEcho)

Klopp: “It was clear there was no chance. It’s not that there was an open question or something and in the end 50% pro, 50% contra and then I had to make the decision. In the end, it was quite easy.”

Klopp: “It was not that we had a talk and Phil said my head is somewhere else, it was just clear after we spoke that it would not work out. We knew it when the club tried everything.”

Klopp: “You cannot use him if he’s not 100%. Philippe Coutinho is a world class player but if he’s not 100%, he’s not that international class, Premier League class, you lose the grip.”

GoldenSky

Master Member
Reaction score
Reports in Germany claim Naby Keita will play his last game for RB Leipzig this weekend before joining Liverpool. (SportsPeteO)

Der @schfer_g arbeitet in der Printausgabe der morgigen #LVZ an seinem linken Ei: "Naby #Keita läuft voraussichtlich zum letzen Mal für RB auf." #RBLS04 #LFC (@rb_fans)
Latest news from Leipzig is that Naby Keïta will play his last game for Leipzig tomorrow.

Keita wants tomorrows match vs Schalke to be his last for Leipzig. (BILD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.