New Singtel ONT HG8244H

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singtel issued equipments are fixed with their dns. So far only 3rd party routers are able to change dns servers.

If onr can be set to bridged mode, that will be awesome..

But honestly the router function on the ONT is very restrctive which is crap, it does not allow modifing the static IP range, it does not allow setting of DNS.

baby0nboard

Reaction score
hi, does it mean DHCP cannot be disabled on this singtel ONR? just clarifying, as i can't find any setting on the OnR.

tungsten2

Master Member
Reaction score
the ONR is for quick & fussy free internet connection for dummy users.
If you are an advance user, want to disable this & that, its better to ask for ONT.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, does it mean DHCP cannot be disabled on this singtel ONR? just clarifying, as i can't find any setting on the OnR.

I don't think you can disable dhcp server since this is an ONR and does not support bridge mode...

SMB138Y

Reaction score
Got this ONR after signing a new contract along with the AC Elite...

ONR gives a lot of limitations... trying to set up the old DSL7000GRV(S) as an AP in the living room while i use the ac elite in the master room, its also giving problems.

My current config is:

ONR Port 3 > AC Elite
ONR Port 1 > DSL7000GRV(S) > Mio TV

Somehow couldn't get the Mio TV to work... connection lost 5 seconds everytime after powering it up... the DSL7000GRV(S) also refuses to work as an AP, even after setting it to bridging mode :s11::s11::s11:

I also have no idea how I am going to route the phone line from the ONR to the living room :s22:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got this ONR after signing a new contract along with the AC Elite...

ONR gives a lot of limitations... trying to set up the old DSL7000GRV(S) as an AP in the living room while i use the ac elite in the master room, its also giving problems.

My current config is:

ONR Port 3 > AC Elite
ONR Port 1 > DSL7000GRV(S) > Mio TV

Somehow couldn't get the Mio TV to work... connection lost 5 seconds everytime after powering it up... the DSL7000GRV(S) also refuses to work as an AP, even after setting it to bridging mode :s11::s11::s11:

I also have no idea how I am going to route the phone line from the ONR to the living room :s22:

you got ONR, why use the aztech router? your ONR with aztech router will result in dhcp conflict, thus not getting any singtel tv IP at all. just abandon the aztech router and hook up singtel tv set top box with ONR directly will do..

ah_cleo

Master Member
Reaction score
Can use aztech, jus ensure not in router mode so wont be assigning IP.ONR shld be the 1 assigning dhcp ip

SMB138Y

Reaction score
you got ONR, why use the aztech router? your ONR with aztech router will result in dhcp conflict, thus not getting any singtel tv IP at all. just abandon the aztech router and hook up singtel tv set top box with ONR directly will do..

i disabled DHCP so it wont conflict. only using it as an AP for living room

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm I don’t understand what are you trying to achieve by using it as an access point for singtel tv? Perhaps you’re also using it as a wifi ap I Guess?

If so, the way you set it to be an ap might not be right. Aztech don’t support in built AP Mode, so besides disabling dhcp, you need to connect it LAN-LAN to onr. Then perform a reboot.

i disabled DHCP so it wont conflict. only using it as an AP for living room

SMB138Y

Reaction score
Hmm I don’t understand what are you trying to achieve by using it as an access point for singtel tv? Perhaps you’re also using it as a wifi ap I Guess?

If so, the way you set it to be an ap might not be right. Aztech don’t support in built AP Mode, so besides disabling dhcp, you need to connect it LAN-LAN to onr. Then perform a reboot.

Yes, using it as a wifi Ap as well. it is actually already connected Lan-lan though, Wireless AP working fine now just that, Mio TV loses connection 10 seconds after it boots up. Thanks for the help though! :)

playplay

Reaction score
Recently i changed my ONR to ONT. bought the ONT from someone.
I try to change my Asus Router AC87 from AP to Wireless Router mode after connecting to the ONT that i bought.

My Asus router Internet is showing RED LED light, whereas the ONT is showing Green Light. Do i need to inform Singtel i have switched from ONR to ONT?
Any idea how to resolve this as i could get on the internet with the RED internet light on my asus router.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently i changed my ONR to ONT. bought the ONT from someone.
I try to change my Asus Router AC87 from AP to Wireless Router mode after connecting to the ONT that i bought.

My Asus router Internet is showing RED LED light, whereas the ONT is showing Green Light. Do i need to inform Singtel i have switched from ONR to ONT?
Any idea how to resolve this as i could get on the internet with the RED internet light on my asus router.

I don't think you can switch ONT to ONR without checking with SingTel.

playplay

Reaction score
Thanks. Will call Singtel and check with them whether they need to do any updates at their end.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Will call Singtel and check with them whether they need to do any updates at their end.

you cannot buy an ONT from someone and use as your own, because the ONT profile is different and will be customised to just one subscriber only.

playplay

Reaction score
you cannot buy an ONT from someone and use as your own, because the ONT profile is different and will be customised to just one subscriber only.

I called Singtel, the customer service staff claimed NetLink trust has configured the whole block to ONR configuration thus they are unable to switch my configuration from ONR to ONT.
Are those new BTO flats (about 1 year or less) also being issued with ONR regardless of ISP?

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I called Singtel, the customer service staff claimed NetLink trust has configured the whole block to ONR configuration thus they are unable to switch my configuration from ONR to ONT.
Are those new BTO flats (about 1 year or less) also being issued with ONR regardless of ISP?
Just escalate loh, that CSO pulling a fast one.

StarHub and M1 both using ONT.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

NLT has no service order to configure the fibre deployment on backend side, they merely provide the infrastructure such as the fibre cable and where the internet exchange is.

However, the CSO is also right to say that once your unit has been configured for ONR, it is impossible to roll back to ONT. I only had seen one lucky user who managed to convince singtel to configure it in ONT mode and that he himself should have already been warned of consequences of such arrangement.

m1 and singtel issues ONR for 2gbps and above speed plans as well, not too sure of starhub.

If you have any questions, do drop singtel a PM over here, i have gotten my questions/requests solved via this channel too..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.