NTU/NUS/SMU 2018-2019 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
Depends on your CCA portfolio as well... It is extremely hard for poly grads to gain admission to the DDP... Your GPA alone would not be enough...

Please tell us why you said that "Ït is extremely hard for poly grads to gain admission to the DDP". Thank you in anticipation.

Amituofo

Last edited:

ChangChingChong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Please tell us why you said that Ït is extremely hard for poly grads to gain admission to the DDP". Thank you in anticipation.

Amituofo

An acquaintance from poly tried to apply for the programme but was told that the DDP is not offered to poly grads... Out of the people I know, only 1 in the programme was from poly... And that was with near perfect GPA and stellar CCA achievements and contributions... So yeah...

eddief4

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ex anot ah?? the aircon hall need pay for electric card right?

Moi ish NUS. I think NTU got different scheme but price range should be similar.

For moi RC, double room cost me about 2.2K, single room will cost about 3.1K

A/C room definitely cost more and need a pay per use system for the A/C so probably electric card.

For moi, the fan is already damn strong so no need for A/C :s13:

Thing is, RC costs more compared to halls in NUS because of the meal plan. Room prices are similar but for halls, meal plans costs 360 or so. For RCs, it cost 800+ :<

MrSinkie95

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Moi ish NUS. I think NTU got different scheme but price range should be similar.

For moi RC, double room cost me about 2.2K, single room will cost about 3.1K

A/C room definitely cost more and need a pay per use system for the A/C so probably electric card.

For moi, the fan is already damn strong so no need for A/C :s13:

Thing is, RC costs more compared to halls in NUS because of the meal plan. Room prices are similar but for halls, meal plans costs 360 or so. For RCs, it cost 800+ :<

2.2k per year or sem?

The Nature Boy

Reaction score
An acquaintance from poly tried to apply for the programme but was told that the DDP is not offered to poly grads... Out of the people I know, only 1 in the programme was from poly... And that was with near perfect GPA and stellar CCA achievements and contributions... So yeah...

Hi, may i know which ddp he or she is in?

The Nature Boy

Reaction score
Depends on your CCA portfolio as well... It is extremely hard for poly grads to gain admission to the DDP... Your GPA alone would not be enough...

Does representing my course in various competitions and obtained 2 awards helped? I even held leadership role too. Tks

The Nature Boy

Reaction score
20% O Level Requirement for Poly students

Does anyone knows the 20% O Level requirement for Poly students. Is it L1B4 or L1R4? Kind of confuse

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score

Ah! Maybe they are regretting their bias and repenting with changes. These couple of days, with release of early admission offers, I counted 4 poly fellows and 1 gal (so far) offered DDP. Good of them. Cool.

Amituofo

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score
haiz advice to all entering uni this year

dun nua nua ok must chiong 1 no matter which uni (NUS/NTU/SMU)

haiz :(

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haiz advice to all entering uni this year

dun nua nua ok must chiong 1 no matter which uni (NUS/NTU/SMU)

haiz :(

I think NUS and NTU can SU for whole of year 1..

You played too hard and now suffer?

mewmeh

Reaction score
Hii guys !

Uhmm I'm currently a student from Diploma in IT (NYP)
cGPA (5 semesters): 3.79 & i think my final GPA will increase
I've got no O-level A-Math :(
My o-lv results are crappy too .. R1B4: 21pts e-Math: C5

And I'm thinking of applying

1) NUS Computer Science
2) NTU Computer Science

Will I stand a better chance if i go for DA or something ?

Last edited:

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
Hii guys !

Uhmm I'm currently a student from Diploma in IT (NYP)
cGPA (5 semesters): 3.79 & i think my final GPA will increase
I've got no O-level A-Math :(
My o-lv results are crappy too .. R1B4: 21pts e-Math: C5

And I'm thinking of applying

1) NUS Computer Science
2) NTU Computer Science

I really want to get into NUS Computer Science so badly and I'm very passionate about continue learning IT related stuffs and programming, but I'm so scare that my results might not be good enough to land me into this course and school that I want :(

Previously I was told by my lecturer that I stand a very low chance of even getting into NUS Comp Sci and that NTU suits me better as it is very competitive & I do not have A-Math. How !!! It's really making me feel very upset about it ...

Will I stand a better chance if i go for DA or something ?

I have 2 internship, one Overseas Internship in Beijing, China and the other local internship at a Government Agency, both as a Software Developer. And the reason why I can have 2 internship was because I'm awarded a Scholarship in my final year and so I'm eligible to change my FYP to Overseas Internship. And I have just finished my overseas internship, currently performing my local one.

Also I don't really have a fixed CCA group but I did join some school events help out that gives CCA points and participated in some competition like NTU Hackathon, DSTA Cyber Defenders Discovery Camp. Also joined a 5-mth leadership overseas exchange programme. And I have 3 director's list cert, 1 certification for Python Essential course, & some other certification of participation for some other IT related competition. Oh & I also took up 2 Diploma + modules

+ I'm a girl ! (Idk if this helps due to the gender ratio gap that SoC is suffering)

Do I still stand a chance to get into NUS Comp Sci ? :(

I think you may have a chance at NTU School of Computer Sceince and Engineering (SCSE). Smile .. I was at CDDC too.

Amituofo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.