[Maylyn's Review] ASUS RT-AC3200 Router

exclusiv3

Reaction score
now I got problem connecting to the wifi.
it was fine in the afternoon. after I off and on everything now cannot connect to wifi.

exclusiv3

Reaction score
XgyUt7Ll.jpg

That's the only setting I did. And connect the Mio Box to LAN 4. Maybe you can try restarting the Mio box after connecting.

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT

r u using ONR or ONT?

exclusiv3

Reaction score
I tried again in router mode with singtel profile. confirm cannotnget iptv. but got internet.
2.4ghz I can get 100mbps
5ghz 240mbps

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm using ONT, original from the first day I got my 50mbps fibre broadband. Didn't change a thing on that side. Only changed to using the RT-AC3200 instead of their router.

I'm on 1gbps now and still using the same ONT and my current router though I was supposed to go and collect their dunno what router upon upgrading to this current plan.

exclusiv3

Reaction score
5mg0ls.jpg

this is the setting i have done. suddenly it's working now.

now in router mode and it's working fine now.:s12::s12::s12::s12:

pray hard it will continue like this.

exclusiv3

Reaction score
I'm using ONT, original from the first day I got my 50mbps fibre broadband. Didn't change a thing on that side. Only changed to using the RT-AC3200 instead of their router.

I'm on 1gbps now and still using the same ONT and my current router though I was supposed to go and collect their dunno what router upon upgrading to this current plan.

ONT i know no problem using router mode. i was using ONT previously until i moved and change to ONR.

exclusiv3

Reaction score
now im facing a small problem.
i always encounter some random ip address is login to my asus network page and that ip must log out first before i can continue working on it.
however i just refresh and its back to normal already.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
may i know why it will have internet for time being but by right this will not work?

DHCP has lease time. Once the lease time expires and your router renews it and clashes with onr, the router will stop working.

exclusiv3

Reaction score
DHCP has lease time. Once the lease time expires and your router renews it and clashes with onr, the router will stop working.

is there a way to prevent this clash?

or if it clash can i just renew the dhcp where it change to another IP ??

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As I said many times, you cannot use a router behind a router unless you put your router under dmz list from onr. You’ll still get a double nat though.

Just avoid all this by putting it in AP Mode..

is there a way to prevent this clash?

or if it clash can i just renew the dhcp where it change to another IP ??

ah_cleo

Master Member
Reaction score
As much as this is a good router, i decided to give it up already.. ventured into Asus Lyra..

hope i get the same experience..

anyway guys, would u reckon i sell it at $200 to be too expensive? i got it in 2016 and got warranty til 2019.

BestPilot

Reaction score
Version 3.0.0.4.382.50010
2018/01/2540.9 MBytes
ASUS RT-AC3200 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.382.50010
Security fixed
- Fixed AiCloud XSS vulnerabilities
- Fixed XSS vulnerability. Thanks for Joaquim's contribution.
- Fixed LAN RCE vulnerability. An independent security researcher has reported this vulnerability to Beyond Security’s SecuriTeam Secure Disclosure program
- Fixed remote code execution vulnerability. Thanks to David Maciejak of Fortinet's FortiGuard Labs
- Fixed Smart Sync Stored XSS vulnerabilities. Thanks fo Guy Arazi's contribution.
- Fixed CVE-2018-5721 Stack-based buffer overflow.

Bug fixed
- Fixed CTF related issues
- Fixed AiCloud smart sync issue.
- Fixed client icon modification issue when client name includes special characters.
- Fixed AiCloud smart sync problem.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.