Moi Simpur s$27k Renovation Journey

denial86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for directing me here deo, your place looks so nice and cozy! I like the sleek glass look in your living room and bedroom.

Hope you won't mind if I take some design pointers from you, will show hubby and see what he thinks.

Can't imagine yours is only 27k leh. I feel like you did way more things than what we plan to do lor. Really don't know if tio tok anot. :(

daaabubee

Reaction score
Hello may i know which ID and which renovation company as I am looking for one urgently. Thanks

Zetrio2006

Master Member
Reaction score
Electrical works will count together with Id works as reno costs.

The price isn't low. But for the design you get, it might be worth it for you.

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ID: Carpentry & Project Management: s$27,878
- 6ft TV console+feature wall
- 10ft full height storage cabinet in living room
- 6ft bomb shelter mirror door
- 8ft platform bed, full height feature wall and 2x bedside tables in master bedroom
- 6ft full height table and cabinets in study room
- false ceilings in living/dining and master bedroom
- paint whole house, re-varnish 2br+study parquet
- cleaning, project management, haulage, etc.

Fixtures: Lights & Fans: s$5,094

Electrical Works: s$2,650

Curtains and Blinds: s$2,949
- Living room: day curtains only
- Both bedrooms: day & night curtains
- Study: roller blinds
- Balcony and Yard: outdoor roller blinds

Electronics & Appliances: s$9,036
- TV, Fridge, Washer/Dryer, Dyson v8 vacuum, Onkyo Sounds System, Roku, Kevo Smart Lock, Router and Home NAS (synology)

Furniture & Furnishings: s$13,296
- Mattress, Sofa, Dining Table+Chairs, Bomb Shelter Rack, Shoe Bench, Outdoor furniture (balcony + yard),

Miscellaneous Stuff: s$1,336

ID: Carpentry & Project Management: S$27,878

Readers may want to take note flooring/tiles costs and kitchen carpentry are not calculated in total renovation costs as as the resale condo that thread starter bought is as good as new with flooring and kitchen done up already.

If add in flooring/tiles I estimate another S$5000 minimum as these days pre-packed cement is very expensive which I find is a stupid law. It jacks up costs by a lot.

Kitchen carpentry another S$3000 minimum.

So remember to factor in flooring/tiles and hacking (if any) costs if you are doing a full overhaul renovation for a resale property.

As you can see the killer costs are related to carpentry and flooring. Money spinners for contractors/IDs. Sorry to picha lobang here. :D If want to cut costs sure can but have to manage the project yourself (become worksite Bangla supervisor :D) and eliminate carpentry work. Use IKEA and ready made furnishing. Flooring use Bangla coordinator. Legally of course. :D

Most importantly invest in a good power drill if you are a DIY man. :s13:

Last edited:

itachisama

Reaction score
Hi, it's oakthree studios. Jackie was the ID that did up my place.

https://www.facebook.com/OakthreeStudios/

Pls check post #112 (previous page) for review.

was recommended by a friend to meet up with her but personal experience with fiancée was terrible with this ID. Go ahead if you want to face off with her snobbish attitude and way off our budget quotation.

basically we both felt like we wasted my time to even go down to her office and talk to her. got more trustworthy IDs out there, do more research before committing. :s12:

jouhyo

Reaction score
was recommended by a friend to meet up with her but personal experience with fiancée was terrible with this ID. Go ahead if you want to face off with her snobbish attitude and way off our budget quotation.

basically we both felt like we wasted my time to even go down to her office and talk to her. got more trustworthy IDs out there, do more research before committing. :s12:

I got my fair share of unpleasant experience with one of their ID. This ID typical charged 20% to 30% more than what is quoted. You will expect they will provide better service than other IDs. Got promised to do FOC shelving but after contract sign, she retract promise and claim i had to pay the work in full. If the ID promise u and that before u sign, make sure it is stated clearly in black and white in the contract, and this is my mistake.

My house also had a slightly higher height (like 3%) and the ID die die make me to pay the adjusted height.

Dont be tempted by the pix they draw, because it is just 3D drawings. There are much better and affordable ID out there.

Last edited:

Tparku

Reaction score
wow ... looking good, hope all works out for your family!

kindly pm the contractor and id please. helping my sister source for reno and this company looks good :)

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As you can see the killer costs are related to carpentry and flooring. Money spinners for contractors/IDs. Sorry to picha lobang here. :D If want to cut costs sure can but have to manage the project yourself (become worksite Bangla supervisor :D) and eliminate carpentry work. Use IKEA and ready made furnishing. Flooring use Bangla coordinator. Legally of course. :D
Yah, at the end of the day home owners have to decide how hands on they want to be. If don't have the time / know how / knowledge to ownself supervise then need to pay the $$$$$$ to ID's/contractors to do it for them ba. For me I drill feature wall to mount own TV also can measure and drill wrongly, so it's not prudent to do anything else on my own ;)

I got my fair share of unpleasant experience with one of their ID. This ID typical charged 20% to 30% more than what is quoted. You will expect they will provide better service than other IDs. Got promised to do FOC shelving but after contract sign, she retract promise and claim i had to pay the work in full. If the ID promise u and that before u sign, make sure it is stated clearly in black and white in the contract, and this is my mistake.

My house also had a slightly higher height (like 3%) and the ID die die make me to pay the adjusted height.

Dont be tempted by the pix they draw, because it is just 3D drawings. There are much better and affordable ID out there.
Thanks for the comments, I think it's fair for readers of this thread to get more opinions / reviews as part of their own due diligence.

After a year of following reno reports and etc, what I see that the particular person can be more important than the company, that people can have good experiences from shitty reputation companies, and vice versa.

wow ... looking good, hope all works out for your family!
kindly pm the contractor and id please. helping my sister source for reno and this company looks good :)
As below
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Hi, it's oakthree studios. Jackie was the ID that did up my place.
https://www.facebook.com/OakthreeStudios/
Pls check post #112 (previous page) for review.

Zetrio2006

Master Member
Reaction score

Heng my Id honours what he said. Absorb 7% Gst. Good guy.

randyz

Reaction score
ID: Carpentry & Project Management: S$27,878

Readers may want to take note flooring/tiles costs and kitchen carpentry are not calculated in total renovation costs as as the resale condo that thread starter bought is as good as new with flooring and kitchen done up already.

If add in flooring/tiles I estimate another S$5000 minimum as these days pre-packed cement is very expensive which I find is a stupid law. It jacks up costs by a lot.

Kitchen carpentry another S$3000 minimum.

So remember to factor in flooring/tiles and hacking (if any) costs if you are doing a full overhaul renovation for a resale property.

Most importantly invest in a good power drill if you are a DIY man. :s13:

Hmmm seems very costly. Time to save up!

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmmm seems very costly. Time to save up!

Flooring w/ tiles and custom carpentry can run up costs by a lot. No wonder IKEA's business is booming hahaha. :D

Nowadays the custom carpentry workmanship really cannot make it. Outside looks good but inside use lousy plywood. Check by using your knuckles to knock. If very hollow that means 偷工减料. Like that might as well use IKEA particle board material furniture. Cheaper and every 10 years can do a major furniture overhaul to update style. :s13:

Flooring w/ vinyl will be lower cost. Flooring w/ laminate forget it because not lasting. It is only practical for commercial shop renovation to keep costs down.

Last edited:

tengfeng

Reaction score
Anyone stay at Punggol, ISP using viewquest? I today went to the house and test the interne, everymin dc one time. Wifi signal lost and comeback again. Anyone have this problem ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.