Cheapest Samsung phone supporting Samsung Pay with MST

invisible999

Master Member
Reaction score
Could not find a relevant info on this matter.

Does anybody know what is the cheapest Samsung phone which supports MST mode?

Soul77

Reaction score
I purchased a korean refurbished Samsung S5 from qoo10 for $99, and it support android pay

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I purchased a korean refurbished Samsung S5 from qoo10 for $99, and it support android pay

Do you understand MST? Android pay does not work with MST, only Samsung pay. You are not answering the question.

ORELLE

Master Member
Reaction score

U are lucky, i purchased refurbished Samsung S5 from qoo10 for $159 from japan and it does not support android pay. :(

Soul77

Reaction score
Last edited:

Soul77

Reaction score
U are lucky, i purchased refurbished Samsung S5 from qoo10 for $159 from japan and it does not support android pay. :(

the NFC function for S5 is in the battery. Maybe you got a fake battery without NFC. you can try to purchase a new battery or get a 2nd hand original battery and try to transfer the NFC chip. google around.

benlau1

Reaction score
Anyone bought a Samsung phone just to use the MST function?

Been toying with the idea to buy a J7 Pro to use the MST function

Quite troublesome right? Have to bring 2-3 phones out these days...

invisible999

Master Member
Reaction score
Problems using Samsung Pay with MST mode

ok, got Galaxy S7 (old, does not even have SIM card inside) and setup it with Samsung Pay, fine.

Then last weekend tried to use it with MST mode - at four (!) places I could not do it because clerks/cashiers on other side flatly refused my attempts to use it.

They told me that 'terminal does not accept paywave and android pay'. When I tried to explain that the technology is not paywave, got 'cannot lah!' telling that terminal requires inserting card before entering payment amount.

I know that all above is utter BS, so question to you - if you used Samsung Pay with MST mode, then how did you do it, what exactly you tell the clerk to use the phone without escalating everything to the heated exchange.

Jazzbie

Reaction score
ok, got Galaxy S7 (old, does not even have SIM card inside) and setup it with Samsung Pay, fine.

Then last weekend tried to use it with MST mode - at four (!) places I could not do it because clerks/cashiers on other side flatly refused my attempts to use it.

They told me that 'terminal does not accept paywave and android pay'. When I tried to explain that the technology is not paywave, got 'cannot lah!' telling that terminal requires inserting card before entering payment amount.

I know that all above is utter BS, so question to you - if you used Samsung Pay with MST mode, then how did you do it, what exactly you tell the clerk to use the phone without escalating everything to the heated exchange.
Had similar experiences. Can't be helped. They are not familiar with the tech and can only follow their SOP if not they are at fault for any problems.

Prep with next best CC that u can swipe.

swordspirit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Just activate samsung pay and put it beside the terminal. It will as if u have swipe the card. They then enter the amount in it. Some terminal more troublesome if they need to choose sale first (e.g. hotel).

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
i was flatly rejected MST at a family clinic last week and don't even allow me to try after i explain.

they just say last time got 1 customer used it and they couldn't settle the payment at the end of day. i'm not entirely convinced tho.

ORELLE

Master Member
Reaction score
Just activate samsung pay and put it beside the terminal. It will as if u have swipe the card. They then enter the amount in it. Some terminal more troublesome if they need to choose sale first (e.g. hotel).

shouldnt it be the cashier key in the amount, then u activate & place the phone at the terminal? :s11:

ORELLE

Master Member
Reaction score
i was flatly rejected MST at a family clinic last week and don't even allow me to try after i explain.

they just say last time got 1 customer used it and they couldn't settle the payment at the end of day. i'm not entirely convinced tho.

u cant blame the staff, so many type of payment mode being introduced but none had conduct a training session for the staff.

ORELLE

Master Member
Reaction score
the NFC function for S5 is in the battery. Maybe you got a fake battery without NFC. you can try to purchase a new battery or get a 2nd hand original battery and try to transfer the NFC chip. google around.

actually the s5 i gotten is from japan. the battery is also original.
the problem is the set was flashed with other bootloader so android pay refuse to work. :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.