Huawei Mate 10

eden1988

Reaction score
Anyone knows what does the below do?

LTE high-speed mode
Cat16/Cat18 requires mobile data.

Anyone tried enabling it before and does it work in Singapore??

barnabaskoh

Reaction score
i also read that HW phone stays fast even after weeks or months of using which is different from typical android phone that lags after a few months, is that true?

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HIHI, i read about all the awesome of using the HW super charging, may i know how long does it take using its super charging to charge from zero to full? if i do not have the original cable or charger and uses those anker quick charge 3.0 charger and cable will it be as fast or slower? If it is slower, how long does it take for non orignial charger and cable to charge to full from zero? thinking of buying tomorrow so needs to find out more

i also read that HW phone stays fast even after weeks or months of using which is different from typical android phone that lags after a few months, is that true?

I've never charged from zero to full but can say it's really super fast... you can easily get 50% or more with less than 30 minutes of charging.

u need to use Huawei's proprietary charger and charging cable which supports super charge. quick charge (2.1A) is not as fast as super charge (5A). I think there are some rare alternatives out there which mimics the super charge of Huawei, can google.

so far after using 2 mths, can't really see that it lags. it regularly shows how much ram is free (out of 6GB) so u can monitor. I don't see how the NPU (AI) actually works though...

actually having use android for years I've never really notice significant slowness/lag in my phones (all previous were Sony), except maybe the Samsung tab 2 (tablet). the lag is killing me for that one.

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
For me I experienced Samsung lagging after a few months of usage.
The key difference is that the Mate 10 / Emui 8 will auto prompt periodically, for you to defrag the device. So seems that helps?

barnabaskoh

Reaction score
I see, thanks for the replies. I have been a note user till 4, didn't get 7 as it exploded and since than have been trying to find a replacement and this seems like it. Only thing wasted is it does not have a pen.. But I seldom use it anyway.. Hopefully the price don't keep going up every year..

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
android phones have been known to drop value quite quickly... I think it's much cheaper now compared to launch.

but you're right... flagship phones have been costing more and more each year :(

barnabaskoh

Reaction score
Hi I am buying a set of charger with cable at $27 dollar later. Anyway to check if the charger is original?

louislaw

Reaction score
using mate 10 pro and its a really good. battery life is superb, and the camera's low light performance is a big upgrade over mate 9. but i do feel that the screen is a little bit too small (at least for me), does anybody feel the same?

hope to see mate 11 comes with 6.2 or 6.3 inches 18:9 ratio so that it will has the same width as the mate 9.

louislaw

Reaction score
Ya does the local Huawei mate 10 pro comes with earpiece since it does not have audio jack?

it comes with a type-c earpiece, which u can directly plug it in into your phone. there is also a type-c to audio jack adapter just in case you want to use your own earpiece.

tbh this is the part i like huawei the most: remove the audio jack, but give u a type-c earpiece. so far i think they are the only one who doing this.

barnabaskoh

Reaction score
Yes! I bought one for myself and one for my daughter. Can't wait to open it later! It's better to buy a hub that can connects to hdmi and mouse and keyboard right?

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got my 2nd hand mate y'day.

quite a snappy and power lasting phone.

but my tronsmart quick charger wasn't able to super charge the phone.

the wall charger output(Quick Charge 3.0) is DC 3.6V-6.5V/3A, 6.5V-9V/2A, 9V-12V/1.5A.

anyone know what is the specs for super charge?

also, how do I turn off the notification sound?

say when I'm sleeping, I wanna turn off the incoming msgs sound, but I want the incoming call to ring.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I believe this is a common problem for all phones and computers. I am not very sure what is your definition of fast, but the more apps you install and more storage you use, the device will eventually drop to a sustainable state. Even Apple devices will start slowing down after some time even without them throttling it.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
android phones have been known to drop value quite quickly... I think it's much cheaper now compared to launch.

but you're right... flagship phones have been costing more and more each year :(

Because they spend more and more on marketing each year in face of competition. Hardware wise, I doubt it is that expensive even including R&D.

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone has problem with the PIP for Google map?

which browser are you guys using? previously using dolpin but there seems to have bug working with Oreo.

puffin has no Google bookmarks.

Last edited:

barnabaskoh

Reaction score
I believe this is a common problem for all phones and computers. I am not very sure what is your definition of fast, but the more apps you install and more storage you use, the device will eventually drop to a sustainable state. Even Apple devices will start slowing down after some time even without them throttling it.

My is simple, just don't lag is fast. Read that it will be like the first day I use the device even after months of usage, if that's true, that's fast to me

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.