ViewQwest Fiber Broadband Official Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

dqwong

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I stay in Seng Kang, have been with VQ for several months. No issue at all.
Perhaps it's because I dont use FreedomDNS for US Netflix, or any other value-added services?

No issues yes. But speed wise, it isn’t as consistently fast as before. My wild Guess is that they either don’t have enough bandwidth capacity or throttles or some kind of submarine cable problems.

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
No issues yes. But speed wise, it isn’t as consistently fast as before. My wild Guess is that they either don’t have enough bandwidth capacity or throttles or some kind of submarine cable problems.

Their submarine cable problems are Bs. Why only them? Other isp all no issue

Mr.Dohz

Reaction score
until now , i still cannot complete a fecking download from rapidgator.

this is a joke.

going to switch coy once contract is up mid 2018.

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
until now , i still cannot complete a fecking download from rapidgator.

this is a joke.

going to switch coy once contract is up mid 2018.
Whoa.. ok that sux.. no wonder they are always trying to entice subscribers with a lower lump sum subscription fee

Sent from 白イヌめブコロス using GAGT

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
Whoa.. ok that sux.. no wonder they are always trying to entice subscribers with a lower lump sum subscription fee

Yup cause they're crap, and they're becoming worse as u can see

sadboy

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone watching HULU?
the vpn not working, getting err abt the show only available in US

23 December 2017 at 01:49 ·
[4 Jan] Update: The exact location of the subsea faults via the Guam and Japan peering lines are confirmed by the respective providers. Pending final permit approvals and weather conditions, the providers will be fixing the dedicated line end Jan.

Our temporary workaround through an alternative line will be of a lowered quality. For those that are not able to access certain sites, do let our TechSupport team know the specific sites. (Popular requests like crunchyroll should be working.)

Our top priority is to get the lines working again, and we are aware and apologise for the inconvenience to our FDNS users. We will advise on further actions, once we have fixed the lines.

----
[30 Dec] Update: Our engineers have developed a temporary workaround for the Netflix US, Hulu and Amazon Prime. The streaming quality may be slightly affected.

We are still actively following up for the fix of the underwater cables, which are pending permits approval and weather conditions. We are looking at a permanent fix by Mid January. Our priority is still to get the cables fixed, and will update further actions after.

Meanwhile, we hope that you will enjoy the US streaming sites again. Happy New Year!

----
[26 Dec] Hi all, quick update. Our engineering team are in touch with the upstream network providers for an alternate route. However, due to the festive period, replies from our US counterparts are taking longer than usual. We are still looking at a resolution in early January 2018. Will update once we have more details again.

----
[24 Dec] Dear Freedom DNS customers, currently there are faults with multiple international cable systems. These faults impact our connectivity to Netflix US – both our main link and our backup link. As a temporary stop-gap measure, we have redirected all Netflix US traffic back to Netflix SG.

The cable operators are currently in process fix these cable faults. However, as this involves large-scale operations (i.e. sending repair ships out to sea to fix the underwater cables). We have been told that the fix is expected to be completed only in early Jan 2018.

We deeply apologise for the inconvenience caused and will be following up closely for a speedier recovery. Thank you for your understanding on this matter.

Taken from: https://www.facebook.com/ViewQwest/

sevensomerset

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tested on desktop
netflix overall ok, HD streaming
hulu can access, but when play shows, is promt error like “show only available in US”. so, it is related to under water cables breakage?

tested on ipad
netflix streaming ok, but low res.
hulu, can accss, but when play shows, is promt error like “show only available in US”.

iirc, last week still ok for both sites
i usually watch it on ipad lying on bed one...

alanchia67

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tested on desktop
netflix overall ok, HD streaming
hulu can access, but when play shows, is promt error like “show only available in US”. so, it is related to under water cables breakage?

tested on ipad
netflix streaming ok, but low res.
hulu, can accss, but when play shows, is promt error like “show only available in US”.

iirc, last week still ok for both sites
i usually watch it on ipad lying on bed one...

This is related to the FreedomDNS service which you have subscribed, caused by the under water cable issue. You should contact VQ FDNS support.

Untamed

Reaction score

Any Organization who ask for lump sum upfront payment is ibviously having financial issue

sarahbj3b

Reaction score
This is happening to me as well and has been ongoing for about a week already. VQ replaced my ONT and fiber patch as well but I’m still having this issue. Is anyone else here in this forum seeing the same issue as well?

I had the same issue about 3 mths ago, VQ replaced the ONT and the power plug twice within a week n didn't help. You have to make A LOT of noise to get their attention n they will do a workaround if the engineers can't solve the problem

qt

Reaction score
When they replace your ONT, did they replace the power brick as well?

My apologies for the delay. Yes they did replace my power brick as well (3rd Jan). The engineer told me initially that a lot of problems were caused by the power brick. And right after he changed that and the fibre patch cable, I got disconnected again with my Asus router showing a red light indicating an issue with internet connectivity. He called back to get approval to change the ONT and it was stable for a couple of hours after that and I again began to see intermittent disconnections. It remained like this for the next few days and mysteriously became normal only on Wed (9th) or Thursday (10th) last week and no issues since then.

woohoo12345

Reaction score
Had my doubts about them after reading all the recent comments but I still went ahead and re contracted with them.

Been with them for 2 years and 0 issues at all. At 3 different locations.

No downtime, no lag.

Trans-Am

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From ViewQwest

Kent said:
We are conducting a regular maintenance for hardware in one of the exchanges in the West.
Affected customers will be notified by email.

Date: 18 Jan 2018 - Thursday
Time: 0400hrs – 0500hrs
Reason: Planned Network Maintenance
Impact: Loss of connectivity during maintenance period
Action to be taken: Restart your equipment, if there’s no connectivity after the maintenance period.

Do let us know at residential.support@viewqwest.com if you have any questions.

civicguy

Banned
Reaction score
Mmmm interesting. Viewqwest use whose DNS huh ?

I made some web site changes and they did not appear (already several hours) and I am doing this at two locations (both locations are Viewqwest freedom VPN).

When I changed my hand phone to switch off wireless and go to Singtel mobile, the web site changes appear immediately.

Switching back to WiFi and the old web site is back. Both MacBook Pro and iPhone. At two different places.

Weird.

(Removed the default DNS on my phone and replaced with 8.8.8.8 and it works. Looks like really VQ DNS)

Last edited:

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mmmm interesting. Viewqwest use whose DNS huh ?

I made some web site changes and they did not appear (already several hours) and I am doing this at two locations (both locations are Viewqwest freedom VPN).

When I changed my hand phone to switch off wireless and go to Singtel mobile, the web site changes appear immediately.

Switching back to WiFi and the old web site is back. Both MacBook Pro and iPhone. At two different places.

Weird.

(Removed the default DNS on my phone and replaced with 8.8.8.8 and it works. Looks like really VQ DNS)
Afaik, mobile do have APN which locked you to internet via SIM Telco.
Subsequently you would received Telco advert.

Where broadband to internet via ISP.
Hence mobile is likewise.

Being monitoring these...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.