gGAq0O5l.jpg

View inside the cable-car.

ixbBYIvl.jpg

DuAChnol.jpg

Reached liao!

rKrWyLAl.jpg

Lv7yCG9l.jpg

EXnHeCHl.jpg

The cable car station at the summit consists of 3 levels, and includes a cafe as well as a restaurant.

Didn't buy anything but very tempted by the pretzels at cafe.

edOHF0Fl.jpg

You can venture outside the building to take pictures, but many people are shuttling in and out because of how cold it is.

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I googled the mountain, rike quite short. 500+ m

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
More views at the summit. Spammed pictures like siao.

w1MSibil.jpg

The Lovers' Sanctuary observatory. Hais, any takers?

tAGKYxll.jpg

dWRrwc5l.jpg

My pictures do it zilch justice.

5Cccy1Jl.jpg

bAdyuIul.jpg

Ql7SP7Wl.jpg

oS6Nshhl.jpg

gLXOndVl.jpg

It's supposedly more enchanting at night, with the city lights' illumination. Unfortunately, I had plans in the evening and settled for second-best, sunset.

Last edited:

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Off to get dinner. 2030 here and shops don't open late. Will continue once I've gotten a table.

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
More on the summit of Mt. Moiwa. When I first reached Sapporo I thought it was cold. Then Otaru on a snowy day showed me what intense cold is. Today, Mt. Moiwa laughed at both of them.

yGwuUDxl.jpg

b0ij5SXl.jpg

Bought a can of hot chocolate to warm my fingers.

hNfrzJHl.jpg

First time snow depth almost above my boots. Didn't dare to anyhow tread arbo later socks GG. Am also wearing jeans (the only pair I brought) and it gets really cold when wet.

2NntD7rl.jpg

There's a trekking path that goes down. I wanted to take it but didn't because:

1. It's quite steep.
2. I'm alone, later fall and die bo lang help. Also, bears are in the area (tiagong one).

4uPN4Tql.jpg

ZUvPcYBl.jpg

Some altar/shrine thingy? Spotted a Guan Yin statue at the side but didn't take a photo. Scared later disrespect or what.

glCHii5l.jpg

ajbZRyxl.jpg

Last edited:

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
More on the summit of Mt. Moiwa. When I first reached Sapporo I thought it was cold. Then Otaru on a snowy day showed me what intense cold is. Today, Mt. Moiwa laughed at both of them.

If wait until at night. Maybe even colder!

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
https://www.google.com.sg/maps/@43....-k-no-pi0-ya343.2886-ro-0-fo100!7i8408!8i4204

There is a goddess at the summit of Mt.
Formally the Pure Land Buddhist Temple of Kaoga Temple Kannon Okuininin. Meiji 34 (1901), the second priest of Shinkoji Temple settled thirty-three guanyin on Mt. Kannon-do at the foot of the mountain, one stone pillar at the summit. Ishido moved to the vicinity of the top afterwards. In 1973 (1973), rebuilt Ishido as a hexagon temple. In 1992, in the year of the commemoration of the Yamaguchi Great Festival 108 times, Falling as a full-scale architecture. The stone statue in the old stone pillar is located next to the temple as a brushwork.

http://www.city.sapporo.jp/minami/gaiyo/meisho/0503115.html

Some altar/shrine thingy? Spotted a Guan Yin statue at the side but didn't take a photo. Scared later disrespect or what.

glCHii5l.jpg

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Doing a livestream on Instagram now if anyone's interested.

@kosongicetravels

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.