M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION - Part 2

Odessa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah next day service! For $29 a month compared to $65 or ¢49 for VQ. That's awesome man!

I suppose that's a bargain?

M1 called moments ago. We are now back online. I was told OpenNet restored access for an unspecified number of users affected by 'cut fibre cables' (not power cables).

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone knows if its m1 practise to throttle speed? Yesterday 11pm i ran speed test, it was ~200mb up/download. Today at 1pm its around 500mb up/download. I signed the 1Gbps fibre, is this normal?

Initially when the contract just started 2yrs back, the speed is up to 800mb download which i thought was acceptable and didnt really monitor.

I think all ISP throttle their traffic despite their claims that they don't. I normally don't have any problems with M1 even during peak hours where I can still reliably get about 200+ to 300+ Mbps for my 500Mbps plan. My previous experience with VQ 1Gbps is that I lose connection completely, or I get throttled to between 200+ to 500+ Mbps. Even during normal non peak hours, I am getting capped at about 700+ Mbps.

For your case, are you getting this speed on wired or wireless connection? Best way is to test with a proper LAN connection as there can be factors that will affect wireless performance, like other wireless interference, etc. If you are getting such low speed even on wired LAN, then best to drop them an email to check it out.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I stay in a new 4 room BTO, 93 sqm.

Can anyone pls advise me where should I place my router for best coverage? I’m not keen to get additional router.

I’m thinking putting the router in the middle room near dining area which is like the central area within the house. Will it be good?

Yes. Best to move it to the center of the house if you are only relying on 1 router. Even so, you will need a considerably good router for the furthest room to get decent coverage.

punkster

Reaction score
any idea whats the router m1 is giving for the $39 1gb fiber plan? cant seem to find it on their website

XdEvoIdx

Reaction score
if we recontract under MSS and receive the early recontract fee wavier.

Does our fibre broadband gets re-contracted to 24 months contract also or only just the mobile plan gets re-contracted?

Thanks in advance

wherehouse

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How’s the router?

I received this when I signed up with M1 during roadshow on Monday. Installing next week.

Hope this router can cover my new 4 room BTO.

BTO some walls are cement n wire mesh iirc.
Faraday cage effect.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How’s the router?

I received this when I signed up with M1 during roadshow on Monday. Installing next week.

Hope this router can cover my new 4 room BTO.

Of course it can if you put it in the right location like near the centre of your home and at a higher position like on top of a tall shelves. Always use AC wifi client and increase the channel width in the router. Best to have all devices with AC client or else it will get slow down. Normal speed is about 70 to 350 Mbps depending on situation.

Last edited:

RuMmYtUb

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry what’s AC WIFI client?

Of course it can if you put it in the right location like near the centre of your home and at a higher position like on top of a tall shelves. Always use AC wifi client and increase the channel width in the router. Best to have all devices with AC client or else it will get slow down. Normal speed is about 70 to 350 Mbps depending on situation.

sumantochong

Reaction score
LrJ941v.jpg

2Gbps??? @$49

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if we recontract under MSS and receive the early recontract fee wavier.

Does our fibre broadband gets re-contracted to 24 months contract also or only just the mobile plan gets re-contracted?

Thanks in advance

When you apply for the early recontract voucher, only the mobile line that's doing early recontract will be renewed.

Other M1 Fibre and M1 Mobile lines will not be affected.

Note: $350 Recontract voucher will only be given to the main nominated line with Reg or above plan.

mySIM 3/E plans are not eligible for MSS, so when you recontract, don't change to mySIM E plans.

RuMmYtUb

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My 1gbps just installed today. Wifi averages around 200 to 300+mb/s on Speedtest and depends on where I am. Faster if I’m nearer to router.

Is this normal?

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.