American Express KrisFlyer Card

limpoop

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just had my card cancelled as I refused to pay 50% annual fee and refused to take up the offer to have it waived fully by having any recurrent bills (Starhub, M1, True Yoga and 1 -2 more merchants) paid through the card.

The CSO claimed that unlike banks that have other revenue generating means, AMEX collects annual fee to maintain the service standard that it offers. :s22:

Now it is time for me to look for an alternative card to pay for GRAB rides. :s13:

Amex doesn't charge merchants for using its service? ;)

Knightoftheblackrose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That is BullCRAP from the CSO.

I always get my Annual Fees 100% waived by AMEX ( and others)

If not , I'll just cancel the card .

The CSO claimed that unlike banks that have other revenue generating means, AMEX collects annual fee to maintain the service standard that it offers. :s22:

Spk307

Reaction score
Do you have high spend? In my past experience yes Amex is one bank strict in waiver.

Nope, have always got my Ascend and rewards cards annual fees waived.
Ultimately, depends on if u need the benefits like complimentary night and some vouchers, if not, just push for a full waiver.

And I haven’t spend more than 5k a year recently.

cybercom8

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just signed up and hit the $2500 spend for bonus KF miles. So I should stop using the card now since other cards have better benefits? Or upgrade to the ascend Kf card for the bonus miles too?

dhwang_best

Reaction score
You can upgrade but the 5000 miles first transaction bonus is not eligible anymore. Others are still eligible provided that you pay the annual fee.

I just signed up and hit the $2500 spend for bonus KF miles. So I should stop using the card now since other cards have better benefits? Or upgrade to the ascend Kf card for the bonus miles too?

dhwang_best

Reaction score
Yes. The 5000 bonus point is once per lifetime. You enjoyed one time, that’s done. It’s linked to your ID not your card.

You can only hold one Krisflyer branded card from amex. Note that ascend does not have first year annual fee waiver

starbugs

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes. The 5000 bonus point is once per lifetime. You enjoyed one time, that’s done. It’s linked to your ID not your card.

Never say never. I have got it twice already, though with a gap a several years between my two Amex KF cards. And yes I have only one NRIC.

bluetwinkle

Reaction score
That is BullCRAP from the CSO.

I always get my Annual Fees 100% waived by AMEX ( and others)

If not , I'll just cancel the card .
As much as I enjoyed the cards while they last, I cancelled mine since the CSO (who claimed he was a relations officer on duty) was not keen to offer full waiver with no terms.

Perhaps a new signup in future will allow me to enjoy new enrollment offer again? :s13:

Actually you can ask for first year fee waiver if you give up ALL benefits.
I know of a case where the person gave up the freebies for first year fee waiver too. It was done at a roadshow held in a company though. Does it affect the sign up offer too?

dhwang_best

Reaction score
Don’t know any sign up bonus

As much as I enjoyed the cards while they last, I cancelled mine since the CSO (who claimed he was a relations officer on duty) was not keen to offer full waiver with no terms.

Perhaps a new signup in future will allow me to enjoy new enrollment offer again? :s13:

I know of a case where the person gave up the freebies for first year fee waiver too. It was done at a roadshow held in a company though. Does it affect the sign up offer too?

atanbh91

Reaction score
apparently signing up via referral link will not get you the online exclusive offers. So if you have many kumgong and robert friends, faster refer them and get your miles!

wcw1350

Reaction score
apparently signing up via referral link will not get you the online exclusive offers. So if you have many kumgong and robert friends, faster refer them and get your miles!

So you won’t get the referral bonus + online exclusive?
Then it would be better off to apply via Singsaver no?

atanbh91

Reaction score
So you won’t get the referral bonus + online exclusive?
Then it would be better off to apply via Singsaver no?

you and your friend will get referral bonus, but your friend will be short of the "2000+3000" online exclusive

Gamma~

Reaction score
/startofrant

Singsaver support super cui.

After you sign up for the cards on their site, you need to manually fill up a form in a link which will be sent to your email. So the links they gave me are broken. Replied to that email asking for a new link, they gave me another one few days later but apparently also broken! The cycle repeats for like 2-3 times and here i'm still waiting for their reply for the past 4 business days. Called them up twice and no one picked up. Left a voicemail also no one calls you back.

/endofrant

ixoral

Reaction score
Ya it happened to me too. The link like damn sensitive, once u click on it once considered “use”. I asked them to send me a new link, they’re quite responsive on email in the several occasions I contacted them. Usually reply within 2 days

/startofrant

Singsaver support super cui.

After you sign up for the cards on their site, you need to manually fill up a form in a link which will be sent to your email. So the links they gave me are broken. Replied to that email asking for a new link, they gave me another one few days later but apparently also broken! The cycle repeats for like 2-3 times and here i'm still waiting for their reply for the past 4 business days. Called them up twice and no one picked up. Left a voicemail also no one calls you back.

/endofrant

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.