New DIY PC Advice!

tmfwy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OK. Now I want to know whether Ryzen is good enough for gaming or I should stick to Coffee Lake instead? :eek:

These two processor types are driving me crazy.

My new PC is purely for ultimate gaming. That's it. Video editing. Maybe once in a blue moon.

:s13:

CPU does not matter much nowadays. Whether coffee lake or ryzen, depends on budget and preference.

The one that has shot up dramatically are the GPUs. Only Asus and Gigabyte's gfx are available. ...

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CPU does not matter much nowadays. Whether coffee lake or ryzen, depends on budget and preference.

The one that has shot up dramatically are the GPUs. Only Asus and Gigabyte's gfx are available. ...

Even Galax also out of stock?? :eek:

tmfwy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even Galax also out of stock?? :eek:
This time round

GALAX you can find if you are lucky.

By the time you come down, most probably The GALAXy has revolved around GIGABYTE and ASUS

GTX1050TI Galax is around 249 now from 219. Asus should be 279.
Prices also nhot accurate
Most will be OUT OF STOCK
I recommend you go down prepared to buy an Asus card, then you will be surprised to find the cheaper cards.

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The rest is up to your head-shaking skills :s13::s13:

The better you synchronize, the higher the discounts :D:D

I bought my rig from Inifinity Computer instead. :s13:

$1770 in damage! And I forgot to get a DVI-D adapter. Argh... My old DVI-I adapter cannot fit into the new graphics card.

Does Challenger sells this kind of adapter? :(

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This time round

GALAX you can find if you are lucky.

By the time you come down, most probably The GALAXy has revolved around GIGABYTE and ASUS

GTX1050TI Galax is around 249 now from 219. Asus should be 279.
Prices also nhot accurate
Most will be OUT OF STOCK
I recommend you go down prepared to buy an Asus card, then you will be surprised to find the cheaper cards.

I didn't know my new graphics card uses a DVI-D port.

219b0hg.jpg

Argh... My old DVI-I cannot be used...

Wataru

Master Member
Reaction score
First time, I did not install a media drive to my new rig. :s13:

Come across a lot of 3 to 4 year old PCs sent to me to repair other things where their owners only realised right there and then that their DVD drives isnt working anymore as well (because they havent used it in years :s13:)

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Come across a lot of 3 to 4 year old PCs sent to me to repair other things where their owners only realised right there and then that their DVD drives isnt working anymore as well (because they havent used it in years :s13:)

I was wondering whether Challenger sells the VGA-to-DVI-D adapter or not. Hmm...

It is quite troublesome to go back to Sim Lim Square to get one. :s13:

The parking fee was horrendous. Yesterday, I needed to pay $13.40 for the parking at the place plus $1.00 of ERP. :s8:

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You were right, guys! All the graphics cards were sold out because of the cryptocurrency craze. Only Asus graphics cards are available and they are quite expensive. :s8:

tmfwy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So what did you end up getting?

Personally don't quite lik the Asus Dual Heatsink design.
That was one of the GFX i got and it was meh.
Prefer bthe Galax White

tmfwy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was wondering whether Challenger sells the VGA-to-DVI-D adapter or not. Hmm...

It is quite troublesome to go back to Sim Lim Square to get one. :s13:

The parking fee was horrendous. Yesterday, I needed to pay $13.40 for the parking at the place plus $1.00 of ERP. :s8:
If you in the east

You can come over my place pick them up
You pay for Kopi i pass you one. Got tons of them ,the DVI to VGA types..
HDB Parking under block lol

Just PM me contacts. Can catch up haha.

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you in the east

You can come over my place pick them up
You pay for Kopi i pass you one. Got tons of them ,the DVI to VGA types..
HDB Parking under block lol

Just PM me contacts. Can catch up haha.

You have a VGA-to-DVI-D adapter? The DVI-I does not work on my graphics card. LOL...

But I managed to connect up the rig to my monitor with a HDMI cable. Problem solved.

Last edited:

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So what did you end up getting?

Personally don't quite lik the Asus Dual Heatsink design.
That was one of the GFX i got and it was meh.
Prefer bthe Galax White

Even Galax also out of stock! Can you believe that? :s8:

My new rig specification is on the right ---->

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Welcome to PC Gaming Hell :s22::s22::s22:

* Face-palm *

There was one ang moh asking me whether I was buying the graphics card for gaming or bitcoin mining? I was like WTF? Why do you care? :eek: :s8:

I just replied him I bought it for gaming. My two cousins gave him the "weird" look as well. He basically hanged around the shop and watched people buy new rigs. Then he disappeared. What a weird fellow!

benjaminsg

Reaction score
You have a VGA-to-DVI-D adapter? The DVI-I does not work on my graphics card. LOL...

But I managed to connect up the rig to my monitor with a HDMI cable. Problem solved.

Well, i am doing this as well, dual monitors with HDMI, and if your monitors have inbuilt speakers, can use that for sound as well. save 1 item on the table. :s13:

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well, i am doing this as well, dual monitors with HDMI, and if your monitors have inbuilt speakers, can use that for sound as well. save 1 item on the table. :s13:

Too bad! My Samsung LCD monitor does not have any sound capability. :(

Thus, I need to buy a sound system for the new rig. Haiz...

Any place to buy a Windows 10 Pro OEM? The cheapest I can find is in Bizgram ($205). :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.