Sony Xperia XZ

rizal5150

Banned
Reaction score
is anyone's quickpic starting to lag after updating to android 8?

after opening a photo, pressing back button and it takes almost 2 seconds to go back to the gallery.

tried restarting phone, no diff. deleted and re installed also same.

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how do I turn off "background applications" running without closing AVG totally

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw does Xperia Got a quick way to do a search on app and contacts
Like type 1234 and it will quick list down the appl or contracts as I try demo only got able to search for app but not contacts

And when contact got +65 it can’t really find it

Without going into the contacts app
As I samsung got and iOS alredy got it long ago

Last edited:

marin3

Reaction score
Btw does Xperia Got a quick way to do a search on app and contacts
Like type 1234 and it will quick list down the appl or contracts as I try demo only got able to search for app but not contacts

And when contact got +65 it can’t really find it

Without going into the contacts app
As I samsung got and iOS alredy got it long ago

Hi,
With my XZ1C, there is no problem.
Search results also shows those with +65 without using the Contact app.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry your question is a bit vague.
Care to explain further?
What I did was simply type in the name of person on the Home Screen where there is a Google search bar at the top and it offers the result from Internet and the Contact in the phone.

example on iphone when we pull down t he screen it open a spotlight or seach box if put it in andriod term
and i key in any phone number or a person name or a app
and i key in it will list down

but when i try on demo set xz1 at sony store even i key in contact new entry of address contacts
when i try to do a search it cant display it only dislay out the app and not phone number or if phone number is in +65 is cant even display out

but odd samsung wrks no issue

omelet

Reaction score
example on iphone when we pull down t he screen it open a spotlight or seach box if put it in andriod term
and i key in any phone number or a person name or a app
and i key in it will list down

but when i try on demo set xz1 at sony store even i key in contact new entry of address contacts
when i try to do a search it cant display it only dislay out the app and not phone number or if phone number is in +65 is cant even display out

but odd samsung wrks no issue

Has been working fine since dunno how many years ago on Xperia...:s13:

Maybe demo unit no account inside...

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Try the demo agsin and even the staff say can’t have quick search on contacts using fhe google bar

Odd when I add +65 9898234
When I try 98 it won’t show up when I go into the contacts appp until I remove the +65 then it displayed out

omelet

Reaction score
Try the demo agsin and even the staff say can’t have quick search on contacts using fhe google bar

Odd when I add +65 9898234
When I try 98 it won’t show up when I go into the contacts appp until I remove the +65 then it displayed out

Some of the staff aren't even using an Xperia...the google search bar do works with contacts. (You may need to enable permission) Anyway, I just tried it again, however seem to only works with names.

If you want to search by numbers, just use the phone dialer. Just key in 98 and you should see the contacts pop up. Note that the dialer can also search for names without opening the contacts app.:D

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Let say ok I will use the dailer or contact app
Can I Seach fir mine contacts with +65 number like
+65 9888 8888
Example so I key 988 will it display out or I need to switch to pure no idd code like + 65

This feature is nice to have but not essential.
I usually click into contacts and find the numbers I want easily.

So I do not see how this feature will be helpful when I pretty much put all needed apps and contact shortcuts on home screens.

omelet

Reaction score
Let say ok I will use the dailer or contact app
Can I Seach fir mine contacts with +65 number like
+65 9888 8888
Example so I key 988 will it display out or I need to switch to pure no idd code like + 65

The Xperia/Google's dialer can search for both number and names without even using the contacts app as I mentioned before, so much faster than searching via contact/search. For your example just need to key in 988 and the contact will appear, or if search by names, eg. kenchi. Just key in 536 and kenchi with its contact number will appear. I believe iOS can't do that.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Xperia/Google's dialer can search for both number and names without even using the contacts app as I mentioned before, so much faster than searching via contact/search. For your example just need to key in 988 and the contact will appear, or if search by names, eg. kenchi. Just key in 536 and kenchi with its contact number will appear. I believe iOS can't do that.

This.

I can do with contact app to search by name since I do not remember numbers after owning mobile phones. :D

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I try add +65 9881 9192

Use the dialer app to do a phone number search it can’t when. I key 988 it won’t show out

Unless I key +65 988 then it willl
Still not as flexible

As in iOS I can key in words or number it willl auto show up even it’s phone number is added +65 too

omelet

Reaction score
I try add +65 9881 9192

Use the dialer app to do a phone number search it can’t when. I key 988 it won’t show out

Unless I key +65 988 then it willl
Still not as flexible

As in iOS I can key in words or number it willl auto show up even it’s phone number is added +65 too

So if switch to Xperia I need redo all my contacts to non +65

Wah lao...already some of us Xperia USER confirmed that Google search bar on home screen can search for contacts in your phone as well, and even told you that the Phone app (aka dialer) can also search for both Names and number in regardless of whether there is a country code (eg. +65) which even iOS cannot.

I had been using Android since Galaxy S switching to Xperia Pro and until today had no issue with whether there is +65 attached or not. It is still the same list.

I don't know why the demo unit can't as I don't work there and had no interest play with their demo unit.

No idea why you want to play with other phones when you are already soo hardwired to whatever you are using now.
Also, this my last reply regarding this topic.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol relax lah even the person who is used to another platform can’t he try others meh and ask for info and when in doubt

Wah lao...already some of us Xperia USER confirmed that Google search bar on home screen can search for contacts in your phone as well, and even told you that the Phone app (aka dialer) can also search for both Names and number in regardless of whether there is a country code (eg. +65) which even iOS cannot.

I had been using Android since Galaxy S switching to Xperia Pro and until today had no issue with whether there is +65 attached or not. It is still the same list.

I don't know why the demo unit can't as I don't work there and had no interest play with their demo unit.

No idea why you want to play with other phones when you are already soo hardwired to whatever you are using now.
Also, this my last reply regarding this topic.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.