Child psychology or visual comm. ?

anyhow.23

Reaction score
Hi, could anyone advice me on a course among the 2, which would be better for me to go to? 1. Child Psychology & Early Education in np and 2. Visual Communication & Media Design in sp.

I think that course no. 1 is interesting. I may also take on the profession of an educator in secondary schools in future as well. On the other hand, I feel that course no. 2 will be something that I will enjoy learning about.

I did not take Art as a subject ever since sec 3 and am worried that I may not be able to perform well in the course. I am also afraid that if i take on one of the courses, I may have a change of mind. Eg. after taking course no. 1, I decided that I want to do something that is related to course no. 2 in future.

Could you share with me about your experiences/thoughts/feelings about the course? As well as its future pathways.

Thank you!

Last edited:

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
doing poly u take on the risk of not enjoying what you study. that happen to almost everyone. ppl at some point doubt if they have chosen the right program.

if U fear ART from the get go, u shouldn't select arty major.
then again when one is challenge one will always feel grass is greener on the other side, what if you do other program.
no one will felt you choose the right major if you are struggling with the class that just human nature.

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
NP Child Psychology & Early Education

1) You may apply as a GEO with MOE because it is a Polytechnic Diploma & not because you major in Child Psychology & Early Education (CPEE).

2) You needs to upgrade to a Degree in Psychology in order to be consider for employment for the position of Psychologist.

3) You needs to go for necessary courses for Pre-School cause your Diploma may not be recognized to become a Pre-School Teacher.

4) Most of the graduates do not end up in CPEE jobs due to point 2 & 3.

SP Visual Communication & Media Design

1) Visual Communication & Media Design (VCMD) is skill needed for 'future jobs' however industry are very small in Singapore which cause over supply of graduates & under job demand situation.

2) Small setup may included sale job for this 'Consultant cum Designer' role which you may not like door to door, cold call sale & etc method to to get sale lead.

Conclusion

1) All course are hard & never easy to begin with.

2) I will recommend you to chose VCMD cause most likely related courses will only be conducted in public school like polytechnic while you can get CPEE in private school too.

Hi, could anyone advice me on a course among the 2, which would be better for me to go to? 1. Child Psychology & Early Education in np and 2. Visual Communication & Media Design in sp.

I think that course no. 1 is interesting. I may also take on the profession of an educator in secondary schools in future as well. On the other hand, I feel that course no. 2 will be something that I will enjoy learning about.

I did not take Art as a subject ever since sec 3 and am worried that I may not be able to perform well in the course. I am also afraid that if i take on one of the courses, I may have a change of mind. Eg. after taking course no. 1, I decided that I want to do something that is related to course no. 2 in future.

Could you share with me about your experiences/thoughts/feelings about the course? As well as its future pathways.

Thank you!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.