First time to Korea

shirleyblu

Reaction score
Hi may I know if for first timer to Korea better to go with tour or just free & easy?

If free & easy, public transport have English wordings or just mainly Korea wordings?

uniboy

Reaction score
Don't think language is a problem, have English words. The shop staff in touristy areas like to speak mandarin one :( but I personally dislike their train system, abit messy to me, or maybe I noob.

omgsaranghae

Reaction score
Hi may I know if for first timer to Korea better to go with tour or just free & easy?

If free & easy, public transport have English wordings or just mainly Korea wordings?

It's up to you really... going with a tour can allow you to see more places and things though it might be rushing. While free & easy allows you to manage your own time.. how long you want to spend at a certain place, you can decide what you want to see and eat. (Though that will mean that you will need to do some homework in advance).

The public transport (Subway in particular) has english wordings and have color coded lines. Announcements for station names are also available in english but It's good to plan your routes, the subway map is easily available online.

voidknight

Reaction score
Free and easy is better. It is not that hard to navigate Korea. Download their metro app, kakao metro. The Korean tourism board has a website that keeps a list of places worth visiting. You will be fine.

Elnovasoh

Reaction score

Free and Easy highly recommended. Dont worry, is easy to navigate. If you need some help let me know.
You can reference my blog on my Korea Trip hope it is useful for you.

http://www.shuxianblog.com/category/travel/korea/

http://www.shuxianblog.com/12-days-11-nights-korea-itinerary-part-1/

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information:)
For food suggestions download mangoplate app.
Seoul restaurants don't feel that you HAVE to stick to Korean cuisine, their cafes and angmoh restaurants are amazing too.

shirleyblu

Reaction score
Another question.
As I will be there for 6 days, will 1 day be enough for Jeju or Busan?

Hotels at Seoul was already booked. Thus don't think can stay overnigt at the 2 mentioned places.

Thanks

ms.piglett

Reaction score
Another question.

Hotels at Seoul was already booked. Thus don't think can stay overnigt at the 2 mentioned places.

Thanks

1 day is definitely not enough for Jeju and is kinda tight for day trip to Busan. suggest that you just focus on Seoul for that 6 days bah.

shirleyblu

Reaction score
Both places attraction's are more on sightseeing ??

After searching seems like all are nature sightseeing.

1 day is definitely not enough for Jeju and is kinda tight for day trip to Busan. suggest that you just focus on Seoul for that 6 days bah.

ms.piglett

Reaction score
Both places attraction's are more on sightseeing ??

After searching seems like all are nature sightseeing.

Jeju is all about sightseeing and personally, i would allocate more time there. at least 4D3N. Busan is a mixture of city and sightseeing, but i think more people prefer to do sightseeing there.

dleodleo

Master Member
Reaction score

I think should be no problem.

I went Korea with 2 young kids 2 years ago free and easy. We took trains and buses all the way. Quite easy, they have English words.

We went Jeju, seoul and Pyeongchang.

dleodleo

Master Member
Reaction score
Another question.

Thanks

Jeju is via plane. 1 day where got enough? If not enough time I suggest you skip Jeju.

UrPropertyInfo

Reaction score

I went there twice. Language not a very big problem in big city. But if you go Jeju, I suggest you book a private cab to bring you around as most of them speak native korean.

abibibi

Reaction score
Hi, i’ll be going to seoul for the first time and alone this year. I was wondering those airport transfer limo, i’m planning to take at Myeongdong. Do they stop at terminal 1 or 2 of ICN airport? Thanks!!

whuttt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Incheon International Airport Passenger Terminal 2 officially opens on January 18, 2018. With an opening of the new terminal, the public transportation services connecting the airport to different cities including AREX, KTX, and limousine buses have rearranged their schedules. AREX, which only operated to Terminal 1, will further extend its services to Terminal 2 starting January 13. Not only will AREX and KTX, make a stop at Terminal 2, a total of 103 limousine buses throughout the country will also make a stop starting January 15.

The distance between Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 is 6.4km, taking approximately 6 minutes, and will cost extra 600 won from the original AREX and KTX fee. If traveling only from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2, one-way ticket on AREX will cost 900 won, or you can take the free shuttle bus within the airport.

During the Pyeongchang 2018 period (February 1-28, 2018), KTX from Incheon International Airport to and from Busan/Gwangju Station will temporarily be discontinued. Instead, KTX to Gangneung Station from Terminal 2 will run 32 times a day. For those that are impacted by the temporarily discontinued KTX line, KTX Limousine Bus service from Incheon International Airport to KTX Gwangmyeong Station will be provided starting January 17.

Take note that only Korean Air, Delta Airlines, Air France, and KLM Royal Dutch Airlines will operate on Terminal 2. Departing travelers are advised to double check their airlines to prevent any confusion at the airport.

http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/AKR/FU_EN_15.jsp?cid=2530823

hermes76

Master Member
Reaction score

mustardcourage

Reaction score
Go free and easy!

For transport, there are tons of transport apps (with subway map inbuilt) and in english!

delson_tan

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm going to Korea for the first time in November. Any recommendation for accommodation in Seoul?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.