SUSS January 2017 Intake (Formerly UniSIM)

buddyshan

Reaction score
Hey guys! I’m a Part-Time BACC student who got enrolled for 2018/07 intake. I’ve started planning early in order to manage my time to be able to cope between work and studies. Need to block leave for revision and exam period also.

Any seniors here can help to advise whether it’s manageable if I plan to take the following modules in Year 1 Semester 1:

4 compulsory core + 1 ucore

Term 1:
1) ACC201e Financial Accounting (fri)
2) BUS105e Statistics (thurs)
Term 2:
3) BUS107e Quantitative Methods (thurs)
4) HRM203e Human Behaviour in Organisations (wed)
Ucore:
5) COR160 Essential Academic Writing Skills (sat class no exam)

Another alternative selection I’ve came out with:

Term1:
2) BUS201 Contract and Agency Law (mon)
Term 2:
3) ACC203e Managerial Accounting (fri)
4) MKT202e Marketing Management (wed)
Ucore:

Heard that ACC201 is linked with ACC203 one, not sure will it be be too challenging to take both modules in the same semester with one term apart. Both modules seems to be the practical type which includes more calculations rather than theory. My question is: If both modules are taken consecutively, will it be stressful? Cause I’m thinking if can relate then just take together in the same semester if not will forget the concept if I take in the next semester.

Guys, please enlighten me :D

Last edited:

shashimi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I’m a Part-Time BACC student who got enrolled for 2018/07 intake. I’ve started planning early in order to manage my time to be able to cope between work and studies. Need to block leave for revision and exam period also.

Any seniors here can help to advise whether it’s manageable if I plan to take the following modules in Year 1 Semester 1:

4 compulsory core + 1 ucore

Term 1:
2) BUS105e Statistics (thurs)
Term 2:
3) BUS107e Quantitative Methods (thurs)
4) HRM203e Human Behaviour in Organisations (wed)
Ucore:

Another alternative selection I’ve came out with:

Term1:
2) BUS201 Contract and Agency Law (mon)
Term 2:
3) ACC203e Managerial Accounting (fri)
4) MKT202e Marketing Management (wed)
Ucore:

Heard that ACC201 is linked with ACC203 one, not sure will it be be too challenging to take both modules in the same semester with one term apart. Both modules seems to be the practical type which includes more calculations rather than theory. My question is: If both modules are taken consecutively, will it be stressful? Cause I’m thinking if can relate then just take together in the same semester if not will forget the concept if I take in the next semester.

Guys, please enlighten me :D
Fa and ma high failure rate one.unless u confident to pass. Else I won't suggest taking it in your first sen. Cos once it gpa drop to lower than 2 for 2 time. The school will kick you out

Sent from Santorini using GAGT

buddyshan

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice! If cannot take both modules together then I must at least take FA first lo if not I struck there cannot proceed with other ACC modules leh like waste time. Sianz :( I heard from my friend that MA very hard she resit and retake twice then finally pass with a B. I guess need a lot of practicing one...that’s why I hesitate to take it in sem 1 also :(

Fa and ma high failure rate one.unless u confident to pass. Else I won't suggest taking it in your first sen. Cos once it gpa drop to lower than 2 for 2 time. The school will kick you out

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score

FA is the fundamental basic...

Last edited:

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice! If cannot take both modules together then I must at least take FA first lo if not I struck there cannot proceed with other ACC modules leh like waste time. Sianz :( I heard from my friend that MA very hard she resit and retake twice then finally pass with a B. I guess need a lot of practicing one...that’s why I hesitate to take it in sem 1 also :(

I took both FA and MA during my 1st semester.

Last edited:

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
ElB1Nl6.png

hfsLniy.png

divasion

Master Member
Reaction score

my fren pass on 5th try for MA..
in general, every sem FA failure rate is lesser than MA. FA is around 20 to 30%.. MA around 40% every sem fyi... there was one sem,the paper set by external examiner, the failure rate was 70%. lol.

furthermore now is suss so im not sure is there any changes

buddyshan

Reaction score
my fren pass on 5th try for MA..
in general, every sem FA failure rate is lesser than MA. FA is around 20 to 30%.. MA around 40% every sem fyi... there was one sem,the paper set by external examiner, the failure rate was 70%. lol.

furthermore now is suss so im not sure is there any changes

Thanks man! The chart very useful leh now I have a clearer overview of the course structure of all the modules :) very scary leh everyone is telling me MA is killer module. Really have to pray!

So you took both FA and MA together ar? Are you part-time too? So do you find it tough to take in the same sem mah?

joozsl

Reaction score
Hi guys, does anyone know if the JMP software is necessary for BUS105?

I'm using MBA and it doesn't have a CD drive :s22:

divasion

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks man! The chart very useful leh now I have a clearer overview of the course structure of all the modules :) very scary leh everyone is telling me MA is killer module. Really have to pray!

So you took both FA and MA together ar? Are you part-time too? So do you find it tough to take in the same sem mah?

i would say yes..

it would be a no if ur two other modules taken same sem as fa+ma is easier lor. if not 4 paper all jialat.

frost_fei

Reaction score
Hi guys, does anyone know if the JMP software is necessary for BUS105?

I'm using MBA and it doesn't have a CD drive :s22:

You can try asking your lecturer for softcopy in a removable drive. Likely they will have it. And for BUS105, i don't remb required to use JMP

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
PT classes with class participation marks, how are you guys coping ?

Lecturers very strict on it ?

haoKRR

Reaction score
i cant access e-services everytime, error msg on the pop-up. tried on ie, chorme and forefox. anyone have this issue too?

NatureKeeper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello to everyone here..
I am thinking of enrolling into suss for july 2018 pt intake.

Would like to ask around if anyone took Psychology modules before? Was it hard or manageable?
coz I am still deciding between Bsc in Business or Bsc in Business with Psychology.

Thanks in advance.

divasion

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello to everyone here..

Would like to ask around if anyone took Psychology modules before? Was it hard or manageable?
coz I am still deciding between Bsc in Business or Bsc in Business with Psychology.

Thanks in advance.

now cfm harder.now is suss already. and if u enroll in 2018 july.its the 2nd sem since the changes so probably will become even harder..
Now the teacher cant even narrow down what to study for exams.

calliope

Reaction score
now cfm harder.now is suss already. and if u enroll in 2018 july.its the 2nd sem since the changes so probably will become even harder..

ok sorry divasion, i don't really mean to disagree but i just wanted to share my own perspective on this. yes there are definitely changes since they announced that it's now an AU but i dunno, i don't think we should keep making it sound like it's super hard now. i don't really like all of the changes either and yes, we probably need to put in more effort than we've already been putting in but from my own experience as an SASS student, i think the assignments and grades are not that much different from before. although i admit it might not be the case for others but just my two cents' worth

Hello to everyone here..

Thanks in advance.

sorry i don't take business or psychology in suss, but from my limited experience i think psychology has a lot of theory involved so it won't be easy in that sense. having said that, i think if you find yourself interested in psychology you should go for it cause that will keep you going and make it easier for you to retain what you're learning =) also just comparing the two programmes, the core modules are the same, just that for business you get to take certain electives and 10 CUs are general electives anyway, so if the electives are not super important to you why not just take psychology as a minor? again this is just my personal opinion, it's ultimately up to you. all the best!

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score

Risky. Previously for MA, a number of lecturers did that, end up failure rate went up.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.