Reaction score
Here is my desktop specs:

Intel i5-7500 @ 3.40GHz
RAM DDR4 2X8 GB G.Skill Tridentz RGB PC2400
Mobo : Gigabyte H270-Gaming 3
Samsung SSD 850EVO 500GB
PSU ATC Cooler Master MW Lite 700W
Windows 10

Morning still able to boot up without issue, evening came back press start button and stuck in "Preparing Automatic Repair" then was given option to Troubleshoot

The Samsung SSD is detectable in BIOS.
CrystalDiskInfo software shows GOOD
Samsung Magician software shows GOOD too

p2709645936-3.jpg

p2709645975-3.jpg

Troubleshoot Advance Options
p2709645974-3.jpg

When I try Startup Repair option or use Windows 10 installation thumb drive to boot to repair, I get this "need to login as administrator to continue" my account is already an administrator account and I don't see my account listed.

p2724602984-3.jpg

I have another Intel SSD with Windows in the system able to boot up without issue and able to see this Samsung SSD in Windows Explore but "is not accessable'

p2709645937-3.jpg

Any advice what should I do next?

timothy

Reaction score
Thanks for your input :)

Windows updates run automatically. I suspect it could be some Windows updates but not like those major update where i can see update percentage progression when boot up the desktop. Maybe that's why I'm not awared.

Will windows update causing this issue?

did u updated your windows recently?

Last edited:

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cos im just speculating that your PC might hit the spectre or meltdown patch that affected your pc. But most user happen to have this issues only after they just updated thr latest patch from MS

fatboy9174

Reaction score
My Asus laptop has the same problem as u. Wat I did is under the adanced option, I choose the system restore from a earlier date. Since then, it has managed to boot up successfully.

timothy

Reaction score
Ah I see. Maybe I suay aft auto update kena haha

Cos im just speculating that your PC might hit the spectre or meltdown patch that affected your pc. But most user happen to have this issues only after they just updated thr latest patch from MS

timothy

Reaction score
I tried to perform system restore I got this "need to login as administrator to continue" as above screenshot. No option to login.

My Asus laptop has the same problem as u. Wat I did is under the adanced option, I choose the system restore from a earlier date. Since then, it has managed to boot up successfully.

Louisloo

Reaction score
Try attaching your ssd to another system and do a Checkdisk. If can work, you'll be able to run the os. Otherwise just copy out the important data and reinstall your os.

haylui

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My pc also got this issue. I guess I didn't turn off the automatic update hence it bring such problem to me.

timothy

Reaction score
Will try this out at my friend house later this evening. Thanks for your suggestion :)

Try attaching your ssd to another system and do a Checkdisk. If can work, you'll be able to run the os. Otherwise just copy out the important data and reinstall your os.

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also need help, mine cant even boot to login screen, keep restarting

But do you see the bios screen?

If u do that means either your software or hardware issues. But if you run see any bios screen that means is hardware issues.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.