Not sure how to proceed (after O levels) need some advice

anonymousc

Reaction score
1) Should I retake O levels? In an attempt to get better results, so that I can proceed to JC or to a better course in poly. Not sure about this option because I don't want to waste another year...

2) How difficult would it be for me to go to university from RP? (assuming I get a good cGPA)

3) Can anyone offer some insight on what RP's system is like?

4) Would I be better off if I appealed for a transfer to Chemical and Green Technology in NYP?

Last edited:

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if thats not the course.you want, retake O. Cheaper than studying something you dont like and dropping out.

from jc to uni easier than from poly to uni.

Look at job portals and see qualification of the job you want, and whether it is in demand. dont study arts in uni because y
there are too many arts graduates, doing a different job.

Even if you study poly and cant go uni, dont worry. There are private part time degree options which you can do while you work. Once you get your first job and want to find other jobs, companies look at your experience rather than where you get your degree.

a lot of china, malaysian, phillipino and vietnamese work in singapore and can find a job with degrees from their country.

Last edited:

anonymousc

Reaction score
if thats not the course.you want, retake O. Cheaper than studying something you dont like and dropping out.

from jc to uni easier than from poly to uni.

Look at job portals and see qualification of the job you want, and whether it is in demand. dont study arts in uni because y
there are too many arts graduates, doing a different job.

Even if you study poly and cant go uni, dont worry. There are private part time degree options which you can do while you work. Once you get your first job and want to find other jobs, companies look at your experience rather than where you get your degree.

a lot of china, malaysian, phillipino and vietnamese work in singapore and can find a job with degrees from their country.

Thank you so much, this was really helpful. I am happy with the current course I'm in, just not sure about the school. Don't really want to retake O's because I don't want to end up wasting another year if my results don't improve.

Konnichiwa

Banned
Reaction score
Hi all, sorry for the long post.

I didn't do as well as expected for my O levels. Obtained a score of 17 nett for L1R4. Guess I just got complacent. Was aiming to go to JC, but didn't qualify.

I know that I can do a lot better, because I normally do well in school. Just that I lost sight of what was important and got distracted. Even when I was studying at the last minute, I didn't put in my 100%, and thought everything would turn out OK. I cannot express the immense regret I feel for being so lazy, and I know that it is my own fault.

English Language - A2
Mathematics - C5
Combined Humanities (SS/Geog) - B4
Combined Science (Bio/Chem) - B3
POA - C5
Art - D7
Chinese Language - C6

With such results, I didn't have a lot of choices. Got my JAE posting results today, and I got posted to Pharmaceutical Sciences in RP. Like the course a lot, but not so sure about RP's system.

My goal right now is to just do well in poly, and get into a university, so that I don't disappoint my parents again. Preferably local, because even though my parents can afford to send me overseas, I'm pretty sure they would be unwilling to fork out the money.

I have a few questions I would like to ask...

1) Should I retake O levels? In an attempt to get better results, so that I can proceed to JC or to a better course in poly. Not sure about this option because I don't want to waste another year...

2) How difficult would it be for me to go to university from RP? (assuming I get a good cGPA)

3) Can anyone offer some insight on what RP's system is like?

4) Would I be better off if I appealed for a transfer to Chemical and Green Technology in NYP?

Thank you.
Is there anything you are good at? Sports or hobbies? Seems like you are not the academic kind of person...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.