3 of Singapore's Most Popular High-Quality In-Car Camera Brands - BlackVue, iRoad & ThinkWare

Reaction score
Shortlisted Thinkware F770 and IRoad Q9.

Q9 is about $100 cheaper than F770 and comes with 32gb sd card instead of 16gb that comes with F770.

Not sure whether Q9 is as durable as F770, as Q9 is quite a new model whereas F770 has been around since 2016 (didn't really hear any bad reviews on this model).

Tech specs are similar I think.

Any views guys?

bigbadber

Banned
Reaction score
Can I check with you all who own iRoad or particularly the V9,

Mine will auto shutdown and reboot every few days while I'm driving or idling, ie, when the engine is on.

Is that normal? I was thinking my 64gb sdcard is full that's why it does this. But my fren's unit is never like this.

Is mine faulty or normal. If faulty, what can I do about it? Bring back to distributor or go back to the shop where I bought it from?

I bought from Hai Wee at Bt Batok

dreamer_toons

Master Member
Reaction score

Mine will auto shutdown and reboot every few days while I'm driving or idling, ie, when the engine is on.

Is that normal? I was thinking my 64gb sdcard is full that's why it does this. But my fren's unit is never like this.

Is mine faulty or normal. If faulty, what can I do about it? Bring back to distributor or go back to the shop where I bought it from?

I have a V9S2 and it doesn’t shut down unless my battery falls below my stipulated battery level. And that happens only when the car is parked longer than a day.

Pegasus

Reaction score

If cam shutdown or reboot when engine still on, could be the power cable. Can first check the wire termination where the camera cable draws power from.

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT

HaNgHaNg

Reaction score

There is a setting to configure the time to reboot the camera daily. Try checking that.

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am using iTronics ITB-100HD (Rear) and ITB-100SPW (Front) for my car, both camera are still in good working condition except the ITB-100SPW WiFi hardware is spoilt as cannot detect the WiFi signal from the camera.

I know both camera power consumption are high compared to the newer 2 Channels Camera so it might drain the car battery a lot if both camera running 24/7 especially when parked overnight at open carpark versus Multi-Storey carpark.

Anyone has recommendation whether it is worth to change or just leave it?

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Remove rear cam from 24hrs
Just use it when engine start
Dun tap to battery

U dun need rear cam parking mode unless u always park head in

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 9 using GAGT

YoYoMa88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How is the Blackvue remote monitoring via WiFi performance and power consumption?

Looking to use over a month like mobile CCTV to catch a mischief.

Like set motion detect with alert after parking in a more quiet corner.

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just comparing on iRoad V9S2 versus Q9, camera specs about same on Full HD, MicroSD Card size support is Max 64GB (V9S2) and 128GB (Q9) and design more sleek on Q9 compared to V9S2.

Anyone has other experience to share between these two cameras?

XiaoFu99

Master Member
Reaction score
Remove rear cam from 24hrs
Just use it when engine start
Dun tap to battery

U dun need rear cam parking mode unless u always park head in

Depends where you park. For parallel parking or lot without barrier back to back, rear camera will be useful.

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depends where you park. For parallel parking or lot without barrier back to back, rear camera will be useful.

How often will u park in such lot?
If really kena then sway lo
Else go invest in a proper dual channel cam
Most ppl stay hdb thus its only reverse park or head in

I suggest this way is for 2x single channel cam like itronics only
Running 2x itronics consume power like no tmr
If ur car battery can last 1 full day with 1x cam
By using 2x cam, half day gone alr, front cam cant even record
So u rather to record front cam full day or 2x half day when u hardly need rear cam parking mode?

XiaoFu99

Master Member
Reaction score
How often will u park in such lot?
If really kena then sway lo
Else go invest in a proper dual channel cam
Most ppl stay hdb thus its only reverse park or head in

I suggest this way is for 2x single channel cam like itronics only
Running 2x itronics consume power like no tmr
If ur car battery can last 1 full day with 1x cam
By using 2x cam, half day gone alr, front cam cant even record
So u rather to record front cam full day or 2x half day when u hardly need rear cam parking mode?

Some shopping center is like that. Or places like geylang usually parallel parking. Unless that driver don't drive anywhere else other than those HDB parking.

Well, this kind of thing is like insurance. Save some $$$ to avoid dual channel or cam but kana 1 time only, all vomit back.

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saw one Audi S5 yesterday installed those rear view mirror with camera in front of the mirror, just cannot imagine you can spend so much money to buy an expensive vehicle but cannot afford to spend a little more on a good camera. :o

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saw some feedback on iroad V9/Q9 got camera blur issues and most parts are made in China.

Any comments on the above issues? Saw the specs on Marbella KR6 and seems to be better than most dashcam in the market with a separate recorder and MicroUSB slot away from the camera so it will not have MicroUSB card issues due to prolong exposed to sun heat.

Z_Dash

Master Member
Reaction score
How many of you guys are on backup battery such as T-Power or Cellink?

Understood coz they're using more reliable LifePO4 type battery which can take heat in car.

But price of battery is like $300 Or $400.......which changing car battery yearly sounds cheaper.

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How many of you guys are on backup battery such as T-Power or Cellink?

Understood coz they're using more reliable LifePO4 type battery which can take heat in car.

But price of battery is like $300 Or $400.......which changing car battery yearly sounds cheaper.

I just installed the Power Pack from iroad, 6800mah in my car but with my 2 itronics camera, it can last about 9 hours max so thinking to change to the new camera with 2 channel as both already used about 5 years and having issues with it.

I am leaning towards Thinkware F800 Pro now, any current F800 Pro users here? I like to hear your comments and feedback, what is the price and where to install will be cheaper?

Last edited:

endlssorrow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Although the camera battery costs $300-$400 but is a one time off right? So I assume can last for at least 5-8 years?

While change car battery yearly may costs more liao..

As my ride mostly park outdoor during weekday for more than 6 hours, I don't use external battery liao in case explode or life shortened

And then back my home carpark I switch off the cam so I willing to take e risk but then I see many car their cam is on so I try to park with them.

Mostly at shopping mall, outside other places where I less been to then I switch on . Of coz if on road the cam is on

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.