The Drone Thread

hwzlite

Reaction score
VTOL Drone, the next in thing?

http://www.xyht.com/aerialuas/no-roads-no-problem

""This gap between usability, long flight range, and survey-grade imagery is what Cavigelli needed to bridge. For this application, they chose a WingtraOne carrying a full-frame 42MP Sony RX1RII camera. This VTOL drone takes off and lands vertically like a multirotor but tilts forward in flight to fly like a fixed-wing aircraft. Combining this with the capability to carry heavy sensors means that it can cover areas equivalent to 570 soccer fields in a single flight of 55 minutes.....""

Quadcopter

Reaction score
aiya, VTOL only good for you nia!

a) for most people, we are animal lovers. we do not fly a drone and chasing the pigeons to pulau ubin
b) we take good care of our drones, we do not do anyhow bashing of drones around
c) 200ft limit. Lots of HDB higher than that. VTOL will smash through the windows into the hdb flats. ahhm, what was your flying height again?

i very kiasi one. every time when flying a drone and feel frightened, i will remove my fingers from remote control sticks. heng ah! that GPS drone stops, hovers at same spot and never knock!

have fun flying your VTOL next!
i leave vtol to amazon delivery ;)

hwzlite

Reaction score
aiya, VTOL only good for you nia!

a) for most people, we are animal lovers. we do not fly a drone and chasing the pigeons to pulau ubin
b) we take good care of our drones, we do not do anyhow bashing of drones around
c) 200ft limit. Lots of HDB higher than that. VTOL will smash through the windows into the hdb flats. ahhm, what was your flying height again?

i very kiasi one. every time when flying a drone and feel frightened, i will remove my fingers from remote control sticks. heng ah! that GPS drone stops, hovers at same spot and never knock!

have fun flying your VTOL next!
i leave vtol to amazon delivery ;)

LOL, My early days of bashing flight sims (esp on Warbird MMOG ) make me conscience about situation awareness (SA)
or probably make me overconfidence handling as well =:p

Now me lau uncle liao kiasee, fortunately i got a flight-area ~200x100m open-grass-field-no-much-ppl to roam around :)

Wooohoo....another interesting new toy-grade VTOL:

Quadcopter

Reaction score
LOL, My early days of bashing flight sims (esp on Warbird MMOG ) make me conscience about situation awareness (SA)
or probably make me overconfidence handling as well =:p

Now me lau uncle liao kiasee, fortunately i got a flight-area ~200x100m open-grass-field-no-much-ppl to roam around :)

Wooohoo....another interesting new toy-grade VTOL:

aiya, don't keep day-dreaming of flying fixed wings in s'pore. VTOL or fixed-wings, HDB flats blocking your path everywhere. Unless you got that flying skill of entering someone's hdb home through bedroom window and exit through kitchen window,..

and these few days are so so windy, i bet your H502S cannot even take off. Even could take off, locking to GPS position also become circling like housefly. So, time to upgrade your drone to H501A, and think can use both new relay or your existing H901A remote control.

let me know if it works, i got one set of H502S+H901A also. :D

:s8:

hwzlite

Reaction score
and these few days are so so windy, i bet your H502S cannot even take off. Even could take off, locking to GPS position also become circling like housefly. So, time to upgrade your drone to H501A, and think can use both new relay or your existing H901A remote control.

let me know if it works, i got one set of H502S+H901A also. :D

:s8:

Actually not that bad for h502s which i flew it last windy sunday battling headwind and struggling to maintain position during hovering. Overheard H901A should work by rebinding again. I did the antennas mod as well 😁

hwzlite

Reaction score
Btw i heard the mavic air dont have ocusync.. i plan to fly near skyscrapers in cities like shanghai hongkong.. will have wifi interference issue...?

Mitigation: have to fly line of sight as well as switching to 5.8ghz which usually less congested.

Speaking of occusync, overheard it was ditched in MavicAir cos it runs too hot and makan too much power ...

Last edited:

Ghost^recon

Reaction score
Mitigation: have to fly line of sight as well as switching to 5.8ghz which usually less congested.

Speaking of occusync, overheard it was ditched in MavicAir cos it runs too hot and makan too much power ...

Sianz 1/2 if need to keep it within line of sight.. kind of defeat the purpose of flying a drone liaoz...

hwzlite

Reaction score
FYI: LA Drone Film Festival winners raise the bar for drone cinematography

https://newatlas.com/la-drone-film-festival-winners/53290/ :

The Los Angeles Drone Film Festival, which is celebrates the art of drone cinematography, has concluded and the winners announced. Although drones are still a relatively new addition to the world of filmmaking, the festival has attracted a pretty stunning collection of super-short films and it's awesome to see the creative ways these unmanned aircraft are being used. Let's dive in....

Woohooo....esp that The Flight of the Year, by Paul Nurkkula:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.