LG G6

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
I realised it takes about 3/4 or more of volume to get a decent audible volume. At low volume it is too soft.

Was wondering if it is... Common.. Or if it is just my unit that is the case. It’s clear but not loud

To me it's very soft compared to other phones out there..

Last edited:

Bryson

Reaction score
I realised it takes about 3/4 or more of volume to get a decent audible volume. At low volume it is too soft.

Was wondering if it is... Common.. Or if it is just my unit that is the case. It’s clear but not loud

I tried on retail stores too. It seems to be normal. I used to thought mine was faulty too.

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Pretty good price
Any concerns?
Receipt for warranty purposes.
Else it will be based on manufacturing date

hi gaisss

saw a G6 "brand new local set " retailing for 540 .

Good deal ?

anything to look out for ?

Vionratio

Reaction score
Beware when u travel!

Hey All, My LG G6 stolen in HCMC Vietnam. I know this topic is abit out of title, but i just wanna raise awareness. I bought this phone not more than 7 Months, what hurt me most are those data inside. :sad: :sad:

I got off from the plane(morning) in Vietnam and not more than 5 hours, my phone was pickpocketed in HCMC. After trying everything i could, i still can't get it back. We try to ask the "Tourist Security" there, they weren't really want to help. Luckily a security nearby who understand english lead us to police station. The police with stars wasn't helpful and not polite. He kept stopping me, When i tried to explain the situation. There were 1 local and 1 local tour guide were pickpocketed at the very same place as well. The Ang Mo more jialat, whole bag gone.

On the same day, one of the chinese girl's phone been snatched by motorcyclist while we on our way back to hotel.

Please do take care of your belongings when u overseas. Now i will have to wait a long time to renew my contract and get a new phone. :sad:

mds8080

Reaction score
Hey All, My LG G6 stolen in HCMC Vietnam. I know this topic is abit out of title, but i just wanna raise awareness. I bought this phone not more than 7 Months, what hurt me most are those data inside. :sad: :sad:

I got off from the plane(morning) in Vietnam and not more than 5 hours, my phone was pickpocketed in HCMC. After trying everything i could, i still can't get it back. We try to ask the "Tourist Security" there, they weren't really want to help. Luckily a security nearby who understand english lead us to police station. The police with stars wasn't helpful and not polite. He kept stopping me, When i tried to explain the situation. There were 1 local and 1 local tour guide were pickpocketed at the very same place as well. The Ang Mo more jialat, whole bag gone.

On the same day, one of the chinese girl's phone been snatched by motorcyclist while we on our way back to hotel.

Please do take care of your belongings when u overseas. Now i will have to wait a long time to renew my contract and get a new phone. :sad:

I hope you logged in to your Google account to wipe the data from the phone. It's the least you can do so at least they cannot steal any personal data. I believe you can also lock the phone remotely.

Vionratio

Reaction score
I hope you logged in to your Google account to wipe the data from the phone. It's the least you can do so at least they cannot steal any personal data. I believe you can also lock the phone remotely.
Hey man, thanks for your reply. Yup, I tried to lock and remote wiped while i was in HCM, but until now i still couldnt locate my phone. I doubt that it could really lock or remote wiped the phone. I miss my LGG6, the wide lens is super useful when u travel around.

Last edited:

Eon Rachel

Reaction score
From today... when I launch the camera app, there is an error message saying 'unfortunately the camera stopped'. Has anyone encountered this too?

mobiken

Reaction score
Bros,here come the problem.my batt drained super fast recently.phone hot.lacking..i closed all the apps still no avail.dignose still the same..time to visit service centre?

androidmazon

Reaction score
Bros,here come the problem.my batt drained super fast recently.phone hot.lacking..i closed all the apps still no avail.dignose still the same..time to visit service centre?

1. Do a backup (to SD Card) using the built-in "Backup & restore" function (Setting > General > Backup & reset). Recommend to select external SD Card for the backup file. If you do not have SD Card installed, you'll need to transfer the "LGBackup_yymmdd.lbf" (in \LGBackup) to PC after the backup finishes (and to transfer back before restoring).

2. Perform a "Factory data reset" (Setting > General > Backup & reset).
DO NOT check the "Also erase SD card" if you've a SD Card installed and have stored the backup there.

3. Restore from the backup. Remember to transfer the backup file to \LGBackup folder before launching the restore if you didn't use a SD Card for the backup earlier.

I've done the same for my G4 year back for the same abnormal battery drain issue. I've also factory reset my LG v30+ (yesterday) and v20 (months back) due to abnormal lag in the camera functionality.

mobiken

Reaction score
1. Do a backup (to SD Card) using the built-in "Backup & restore" function (Setting > General > Backup & reset). Recommend to select external SD Card for the backup file. If you do not have SD Card installed, you'll need to transfer the "LGBackup_yymmdd.lbf" (in \LGBackup) to PC after the backup finishes (and to transfer back before restoring).

2. Perform a "Factory data reset" (Setting > General > Backup & reset).
DO NOT check the "Also erase SD card" if you've a SD Card installed and have stored the backup there.

3. Restore from the backup. Remember to transfer the backup file to \LGBackup folder before launching the restore if you didn't use a SD Card for the backup earlier.

I've done the same for my G4 year back for the same abnormal battery drain issue. I've also factory reset my LG v30+ (yesterday) and v20 (months back) due to abnormal lag in the camera functionality.

Really must go to this xtreme ar?
Which after goes bk to norm?

androidmazon

Reaction score
Really must go to this xtreme ar?
Which after goes bk to norm?

It should solve the battery drain issue. If you go to SC, I believe it will be treated as s/w issue, they will just re-flash the firmware. Why waste days at the SC when it can done within 1-2 hour by yourself?

mobiken

Reaction score
It should solve the battery drain issue. If you go to SC, I believe it will be treated as s/w issue, they will just re-flash the firmware. Why waste days at the SC when it can done within 1-2 hour by yourself?

Not only batt drained. Phone also lacking.. Seems slow down a lot..
Just happened 2 days ago
I will try yr advise.. Thx

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Dropped my phone last night oww ! :(

The dent seen near the headphone jack only affects the “internal” finish... glass finish is still smooth!

GztLmM2.jpg

Last edited:

eddy0505

Reaction score
hi all. looking to get either a lg v20 or lg g6. in a bit of a dilemma. anyone who has used both can give any advice?

thanks!

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
hi all. looking to get either a lg v20 or lg g6. in a bit of a dilemma. anyone who has used both can give any advice?

thanks!

In essence, the G6 is a refreshment of the V20 in terms of some spec gains.
With a slightly quicker SD821 vs the SD820. There’s improvements to the display with a higher dpi, thinner bezel-ed and IP68 ingress protection with a sealed glass back instead of the much loved replacement batteries.

DAC wise, can’t speak much - since audio prefences differs from individual to individual. However you can see the differences in this review here
http://musicphotolife.com/2017/04/lg-g6-and-lg-v20-quad-dac-comparison/

Registered used /new sets do also come with 2 years of warranty as well - hence as of time of writing, all sets are still warrantied.

There is also a slightly newer version of the G6 called the G6+, which is basically identical but with a nice 128gb internal storage boost (default is 64gb)

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.